UTI and similar tech schools are just a pile of sour flounder on a thursday
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:57 PM   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Mustangs optional

1970 Boss 302

8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute

UTI and similar tech schools are just a pile of sour flounder on a thursday

Its funny im watching TV and a UTI Comercial came on and the only thing i really caught from it was "There is such a demand for techs these days its crazy"

And they are all working on brand new mustangs and porches and what not.

Let me tell all of you that are considering going to a tech school

DO NOT DO IT!

Im serious you will relize im telling the truth after your in one for a couple months. I went to Lincoln College of Tech for a year course and it was complete bullshit.

First of all There is no demand what so ever for Techs. Its actually the complete opposite techs are getting laid off everyday! I cant get a job in the field I went in for and if I do its for minimum wage and I wouldnt be able to afford to live where ever the job would be.

They will try and tell you that its so easy to go out and make 50K right out of school. Thats even bigger bullshit.

And second you will not work on new mustangs and porches and ferraris and Ford GTs or whatever else they have in the comercials You will be working on worked over shop vehicals that are like S10s Buick Le sabers. And other POS cas that have been taken apart so many times they dont run anymore.

Take it from someone that now has 25K in debt from a tech school and dont get me wrong I got a job in the field I went for but only cause a family friend runs the place and i havent worked for the past two weeks cause its so slow.

I just figured I would let it off my chest after that comerical. Cause every time I see a commercial for Wyotech, UTI, Or Lincoln Tech it just pisses me off cause I went through that for the "easy to do" one year course and now im in the Navy waiting to leave for boot camp. Wich I should have done in the first place and i wouldnt be out 25 grand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 24th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Jim Breuer's Bitch

2008 Mustang GT Vert
I <3 to fart

Arsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud of

Better, shorter advice:

Avoid schools that have commercials.

lol
How long did that take?
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
It was gone in sixty seconds
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Mustangs optional

1970 Boss 302

8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute

^that could work lol

But I dont regret going to the town I regret going to the school.

I met some bad ass people in Indiana that will be friends forever. Just wish I would have gone to a real school down there.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Billy Weston

2003 Cobra
11.14@124.36

C MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to C MY 4D

Some of us are still staying busy. Derrick I thought your dad owned a dealership?

TT Build in progress.......

Need work done to your car for a great price in Hampton Roads? Shoot me a PM.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Mustangs optional

1970 Boss 302

Nah he doesn't own one hes just the Service Manager lol I wish he owned it I wouldn't be driving a 86 Mustang then lol. I would have that Red Mach that was there a few years ago
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Billy Weston

2003 Cobra
11.14@124.36

C MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to C MY 4D

Originally Posted by Drick View Post
Nah he doesn't own one hes just the Service Manager lol I wish he owned it I wouldn't be driving a 86 Mustang then lol. I would have that Red Mach that was there a few years ago
Do they have any sister stores you can go work for?

TT Build in progress.......

Need work done to your car for a great price in Hampton Roads? Shoot me a PM.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #7
Mustangs optional

1970 Boss 302

Nope. Im just passing time anyway for a few more months till I leave for boot camp.

Im so bored I wish I could leave tomorrow
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

2008 Mustang GT
13.124@105.52

UrbanRedneck is just really niceUrbanRedneck is just really niceUrbanRedneck is just really niceUrbanRedneck is just really niceUrbanRedneck is just really nice

I went to a community college and for 5 grand got what I feel was a better education than all my friends that went to UTI. We didn't have Ferraris and Porsches, but a lot of Lexuses and brand new GMs and Fords.

But I agree it is hard to find a job in the field. I had a decent one, left it for a better one and got laid off. Now I'm at another shop, hope this one goes better. This is a bad time for this industry. But the money is out there you just have to be good enough, only the smart ones will be the in-demand techs making the good money. Just ride it out untill the economy gets better and it'll pick back up, we hope.
Hurst Crew Member #20

2008 GT - ARH, C&L, Hurst, BORLA, BMR, Bilstein, FRPP, Axle Exchange. Awesome.
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #9
Banned

2002 BMW 530i
don't know and don't care

Luis_GT is a jewel in the roughLuis_GT is a jewel in the roughLuis_GT is a jewel in the roughLuis_GT is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Luis_GT

My cousin went to UTI and finished the BMW program last december... he's working at the BMW dealership in Miami and sends me anything I need for my car cheap

I think He's earning like 70K at the moment... and he has a 2 year secure contract since BMW payed him the complete BMW program in exchange to work for them.
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #10
BWAL Is My Hero

1986 Mustang GT Vert!
TBD

JakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant future

I went to UTI. Went through the Ford Program and came out making $18+ an hour on flat rate. I was booking 40-50 hours by Wensday usually and did OK for sure. I then got my Desiel Master Cert. from Ford and things went downhill from there....I ended up getting laid off because I was the "lowest" guy on the totum poll when it came to seniority and things got pretty slow. I have another degree though, so I fell back on that.

Those tech schools are like double edged swords though. You only come away from them with what you put into them... Meaning, if you really want be be successful, then put your nose down and do your work. Because they are just as happy to take your money and let you pass. Also, right now is not a good time to try and get into the auto industry as a whole.

*My YouTube channel*
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #11
******************** of Innovative Auto

96 Cobra and 97 GT
13.1@105 MPH

97GT4.6 is a jewel in the rough97GT4.6 is a jewel in the rough97GT4.6 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 97GT4.6

That's exactly why im going to CSU Pueblo, and getting a degree in automotive industry management.. 97% job placement rate, bachelor of science degree, and there's a board of all the graduates from last year, and their salaries.. the lowest starting was 35k..
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #12
Hardcore Enthusiast

2008 Mustang GT
13.124@105.52

UrbanRedneck is just really niceUrbanRedneck is just really niceUrbanRedneck is just really niceUrbanRedneck is just really niceUrbanRedneck is just really nice

dude towelly when did you get laid off? I remember you were saying how you were afraid of it happening in my thread about me getting laid off.
Hurst Crew Member #20

2008 GT - ARH, C&L, Hurst, BORLA, BMR, Bilstein, FRPP, Axle Exchange. Awesome.
Old February 25th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #13
Look Ma! My First Post!

av8tore71 is on a distinguished road

Going to UTI thank another career!!

I was enrolled in UTI in the Chicago area and ready to start then I started chatting with this guy at the unemployment office and he told me he a former instructor (had an expired ID to prove) and said that thought this is a school for learning and a good one at the you may not get all that you think you will. I stopped all my financial aid and waited till Jan 2011 and I enrolled into Rock Valley College in Rockford, IL Aviation Maintenance Technology Program. The AVM program is 2 years or 2000 hours (FAA standards) and the AVM is less then 1/2 of UTI. I am now an FAA rated Airframe & Power plant mechanic making last year $63,500 my first year out of the program. Though I am not trying to have you change a career choice I am just telling you mine and right now I am working for UPS at $35.24 per hour at 2 year out of the AVM program and love every minute. I wish every one luck if you decide to attend UTI and remember its what you make of it. Some people may not have tried (Like me, I did not give UTI a chance)on this board. Good luck and god speed!!
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #14
It wasn't me.

1968 coupe
Slow according to a certain member

TCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to all

When I went to monster truck jam over the weekend they were whoring out UTI. I just kept thinking to myself some poor bastard is going to sign up.

Old February 25th, 2014, 04:20 PM   #15
August '13 ROTM Winner

'04 GT & '88 K1500
I can spin both wheels!

Mach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond repute

holy old thread!

but yes, UTI are jokes. never go there. Success stories are rare

a min ago i was sick, felt like puking. then i farted, now im hugry

-Rocco
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #16
Bring Waffles And Lasagna

2021 Mustang V15
Quad Turbo with nawz

BWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond repute

damn, you guys were a day late for the fifth anniversary of this thread

'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

2001 Cobra For Sale
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #17
Ricers are annoying

2000 Mustang GT Vert

filmman03 is just really nicefilmman03 is just really nicefilmman03 is just really nicefilmman03 is just really nicefilmman03 is just really nice

LMAO! didn't even see the date on this fuckin thread. n00b rehashes it and i took the bait!

i went here: The Los Angeles Film School | LA Film School | LA Film

now THAT is a fucking waste of money. i am now $65k in debt and they didn't really teach me anything! all i really learned was how the industry uses Avid Media Composer rather than Adobe Premiere or Final Cut. teachers were suppose to be "industry professionals" and really only a couple were.

i don't have a lot of friends that i went to school with b/c everyone's ego's were so big and i was the "douche" for not participating in building sets and giving a shit. then again, who the hell would wanna pay a school to build a set for a shitty film school project? o and its (or was) a 1 year "full emersion" program.

lastly, they promised to help you get work. lmao, they gave us a few websites to look for work and had an 1 internship available over at Legendary Pictures. problem was, it was for writers and there was an entire 5 writers in my class of like 50 ppl.

i only was able to find work b/c my fiance pushed me and encouraged me. i started at the bottom making $11.50/hr as a PA (production assistant) and worked my way up. took years to get to where i am now, but as an Assistant Editor, i am making a comfortable living taking in around $80-90k a year. this is no thanks to LA Film School.

trade schools can be useful, depending on the school i think. i definitely will never recommend anyone go to Film School as no school can promise you a job in this industry. this industry is cut throat and you gotta look after yourself only if you wanna make it. and all you really need to know is; how to do the job you wanna do (research it online - you will find out how to do any film job), you gotta know ppl who can hook you up with a gig, have enough cash to be able to live in Los Angeles, and bust your ass daily.
Build Thread:http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ld-thread.html

Old February 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #18
MM Fanatic

1992 Mustang Gt

foxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud of

Wait......Urinary Tract Infection is the name of a school............

Foxfive's 1992 GT Street/Strip Build
Old February 25th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #19
Because SBF

1969 Mustang Mach 1
6.12@112

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of

Why is it always the new guys that bump these useless threads from nowhere?
Old February 25th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #20
It wasn't me.

1968 coupe
Slow according to a certain member

TCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to allTCStang is a name known to all

I wonder that too since you have to be searching got them because they are buried so far back. But sadly I fell right in line on this one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/112019-uti-similar-tech-schools-just-pile-sour-flounder-thursday.html
Posted By For Type Date
What is UTI TECH? This thread Refback February 11th, 2013 06:30 PM
What Is Uti School Reviews at Askives This thread Refback January 23rd, 2013 11:46 PM
If you are seeking a mechanic, please read this first, This thread Refback November 6th, 2010 06:17 PM

Threads Similar to: UTI and similar tech schools are just a pile of sour flounder on a thursday
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone have this? or something similar.. ? 006leenstang00 4V / SVT 4 October 27th, 2008 04:29 PM
Auto Schools? Jeffery9508 The Clubhouse 43 December 25th, 2007 01:18 PM
Are Automotive Schools Worth It? 4point6GT The Clubhouse 4 November 6th, 2006 06:55 AM