diesel mustang
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools
Old July 6th, 2009, 10:58 PM   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert
~5.5 seconds off TTOD :(

ReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond repute

diesel mustang

Have you guys seen this?

1994 Ford Mustang Duramax - Diesel Engine - Diesel Power Magazine

'94 Mustang with a Duramax swap

From the article:
At Hot Rod magazine's Drag Week, Mike proved just how well his Duramax-Mustang combination works with a string of low 10-second runs with no nitrous, and a final 9.91-second pass once Mike turned the bottle on. Oh, and he drove it 900 miles just to get to the event. On the return trip, Mike let us know he averaged an astounding 35 mpg at about 75 mph. What's scary is that there is a lot more left in the car. On his 9.91-second pass Mike shifted late, ran out of nitrous, and had a slow launch.
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 GT
99.99@999.9

mpboy has a spectacular aura aboutmpboy has a spectacular aura aboutmpboy has a spectacular aura about

ehh, i respect the wrench time, but i am still left asking why. to each his own i guess
Wow Chris. You are the square root of stupid.
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Eh, I personally think 4" is too big.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #3
MM's Ford Truck Guy

99 ranger,2010 ranger
does nice burnouts

FX4DTUF has a spectacular aura aboutFX4DTUF has a spectacular aura about

yes its bad but i cant stand duramax's

1999 xlt 2.5 ranger lowered 5/6 on 17in bullits
2010 4.0 xlt ranger lowered 4/5 on 18in dd bullits
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Mustang GT

dude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the rough

Thats awesome! I made a post in the tech section a long time ago wondering if anyone ever put a diesel in a mustang...pretty much got flamed for the idea lol...I'd love to see that car!
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #5
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert

ReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpboy View Post
ehh, i respect the wrench time, but i am still left asking why
Gobs of torque + awesome mileage.

I have no feelings one way or another towards Duramaxes, though I remember FM1R saying they were the best diesels to mod for power.

I'd probably never do this one myself - I'm too concerned about weight balance, and I'm sure that motor is HEAVY.

I just thought it was a cool swap, not one I'd seen before.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #6
Damage Control

Dennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant future

id rock it. why not thats neat

Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can shit a human sized target at 15 feet
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #7
MM's Ford Truck Guy

99 ranger,2010 ranger
does nice burnouts

they might be pretty good on power but they dont last long at all and there expensive as shit to mod unlike a 12 valve cummins which you can do most mods for free and gain a shit ton of power but its whatever to each his own

Old July 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #8
Damage Control

Dennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant future

wait free mods to add power on a cummins? like what this intrest me

Old July 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #9
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 gt

mustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to behold

neat but it'd be really nose heavy

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Mustang GT

dude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ReverendDexter View Post
Gobs of torque + awesome mileage.

I have no feelings one way or another towards Duramaxes, though I remember FM1R saying they were the best diesels to mod for power.

I'd probably never do this one myself - I'm too concerned about weight balance, and I'm sure that motor is HEAVY.
I just thought it was a cool swap, not one I'd seen before.
I'd think heavy front end (with that much power) would be great for drag racing...It's too bad that diesel has such a bad name to the average person...I'd love to see a smaller I-6 or v-8 in diesel form to use in road racing!
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #11
MM's Ford Truck Guy

99 ranger,2010 ranger
does nice burnouts

on a 92-98 cummins 12 valve you can turn the injection pump up manually its hard to explain how with out showing you but also for exhaust all you do is cut off the muffler and you have it your putting more fuel to the engine and your helping the turbo spool up quicker because of the free exhaust which has no back pressure to keep the turbine from spooling at full rpm's and also you can take the silencer ring out of the hx35 for more air flow into the turbo and a lil more whistle.Also i know they made cummins 89-92 but those had mechanical vp44 rotory pumps on them and they are junk compared to the p7100 inline injection pump, just to clarify that up.

Last edited by FX4DTUF; July 6th, 2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #12
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

FM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FM1R Send a message via MSN to FM1R Send a message via Yahoo to FM1R Send a message via Skype™ to FM1R

Originally Posted by FX4DTUF View Post
yes its bad but i cant stand duramax's
That is too bad they make great power extremely easily too.

they might be pretty good on power but they dont last long at all and there expensive as shit to mod unlike a 12 valve cummins which you can do most mods for free and gain a shit ton of power but its whatever to each his own
They'll out last any Cummins motor that is modded. I like ya bud, but you don't know what you are talking about. I put 60k miles in a 700+rwhp 1600+rwtq Dmax on a stock engine. I daily drove it and beat the pants off of it everyday.

12 valve Cummins motors are expensive as fuck to build, and difficult yo mod, and cannot be driven on the street when modded. So don't start yapping, if you don't know what you're talking about dude.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #13
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert

Originally Posted by dude496 View Post
I'd love to see a smaller I-6 or v-8 in diesel form to use in road racing!
Urm, that already happened - Audi already won Le Mans with a diesel.
Audi R10 TDI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #14
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

FM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FM1R Send a message via MSN to FM1R Send a message via Yahoo to FM1R Send a message via Skype™ to FM1R

on a 92-98 cummins 12 valve you can turn the injection pump up manually its hard to explain how with out showing you but also for exhaust all you do is cut off the muffler and you have it your putting more fuel to the engine and your helping the turbo spool up quicker because of the free exhaust which has no back pressure to keep the turbine from spooling at full rpm's and also you can take the silencer ring out of the hx35 for more air flow into the turbo and a lil more whistle.
It's really easy, you pop the inspection cover off, and turn the star wheel out, and put in a smaller plate. The smaller the plate the more the pump opens up. The more it opens up the more fuel it will pump. That took me 30 sec, to do so. Then again I know what I'm talking about.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #15
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Drgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Drgnracin72 Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnracin72

on a 92-98 cummins 12 valve you can turn the injection pump up manually its hard to explain how with out showing you but also for exhaust all you do is cut off the muffler and you have it your putting more fuel to the engine and your helping the turbo spool up quicker because of the free exhaust which has no back pressure to keep the turbine from spooling at full rpm's and also you can take the silencer ring out of the hx35 for more air flow into the turbo and a lil more whistle.
so doing all of that is going to give you a 11 second diesel? man your full of crap. when you start modding diesels to the point of getting fast, they are all expensive, and there are no free mods that make a big difference. ive got a duramax and that thing is badass. duramax is on par with the cummins in production of power and longevity, and they are both way better than a powerchoke.

how do you figure they dont last long? please show us your vast knowledge of diesels

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
One Big Ass Mistake America

SHEEPDOGS
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by ReverendDexter View Post
Urm, that already happened - Audi already won Le Mans with a diesel.
Audi R10 TDI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah I've seen that car, and love it! I should have clarified in my other post...I meant something that the average person could do a motor swap with. Diesels get a really bad rep, about the only way your going to find them is in rather small economical setups (ie golf 1.9 tdi) or heavy duty trucks...there really isn't much in between that in the commercial world.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #17
Damage Control

well if this didnt turn in a hurry

Old July 6th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #18
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

I would not reccomend turning up your Bosch P7100 otherwise known the almighty P Pump, unless you have an aftermarket lift pump to supply the injection pump, otherwise you'll run it dry, and burn the pump up.

Also the stock slushbox can't handle the extra power, so I wouldn't reccomend unless you plan on building your trans. Lets not even get into that, because the trans are junk, and the most expensive to build, then you might as well get into the front end of the Dodge which is also junk. Steering boxes go out around every 40k, hubs wear out prematurely. They're junk.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #19
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert

Originally Posted by dude496 View Post
Yeah I've seen that car, and love it! I should have clarified in my other post...I meant something that the average person could do a motor swap with. Diesels get a really bad rep, about the only way your going to find them is in rather small economical setups (ie golf 1.9 tdi) or heavy duty trucks...there really isn't much in between that in the commercial world.
Yeah, I'd love to see a small displacement, high boost diesel V6. That would keep the center of mass as far back in the engine bay as possible, and it shouldn't be much heavier than an iron-block V8 (which is to stay, still pretty heavy).

Who knows, with the way gasoline prices and emissions are likely to go, I bet we start seeing more diesels in the next 10 years.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #20
MM's Ford Truck Guy

99 ranger,2010 ranger
does nice burnouts

Originally Posted by Drgnracin72 View Post
so doing all of that is going to give you a 11 second diesel? man your full of crap. when you start modding diesels to the point of getting fast, they are all expensive, and there are no free mods that make a big difference. ive got a duramax and that thing is badass. duramax is on par with the cummins in production of power and longevity, and they are both way better than a powerchoke.

how do you figure they dont last long? please show us your vast knowledge of diesels
ok look i never said anything about making a 11 sec diesel out of free mods with a cummins dont put words in my mouth and im not talking shit on duramax's ive seen nasty ones at the pulls we take our truck to but they are always talking to us how awsome it is and this and that but something always goes wrong after 15-20 pulls so weve seen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/129340-diesel-mustang.html
Posted By For Type Date
diesel 350z - Northwest Nissans This thread Refback March 31st, 2010 06:28 PM
diesel 350z - Northwest Nissans This thread Refback March 31st, 2010 01:02 PM
diesel 350z - Northwest Nissans This thread Refback March 31st, 2010 11:41 AM

Threads Similar to: diesel mustang
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel Truck Q MyGT The Clubhouse 7 March 22nd, 2009 01:26 PM
diesel vette???? Got Ford Videos 18 January 28th, 2009 09:51 PM
V-10 or TT diesel Regency 2007 The Clubhouse 49 August 31st, 2007 03:04 PM
Diesel, my new puppy White99stang Pictures 20 December 21st, 2006 09:12 AM
Which diesel truck do you like? ryanhewett466 The Clubhouse 33 July 26th, 2006 03:03 PM