How much does a good paint job cost?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:20 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Too Soon, Junior!

03 GT Vert
15:43.28@25.21 Too many naked bitches in the back

asiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud of

How much does a good paint job cost?

Cuz 8 years of age is starting to show...

Mustang/6-Series/Explorer/Cougar - 28 Cylinders

AmericanMuscle Gift Cards for sale!
Nitrous Switch Panel for sale!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #2
175lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal

2007 Mustang GT/CS

XTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to XTCNAGT

You get what you pay for.

When I was looking at getting my 2000 painted, I was expecting to pay anywhere from $2,500-$3,500 for a real good paint job. I just couldn't find anyone around here that I trusted to do it.

Edit: After seeing what the other guys said, no wonder I couldn't find anyone that would do a GOOD paint job for what I was expecting.

Originally Posted by 93hatch View Post
the fact that im gay has nothing to do with this thread!
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Awesome Sauce

92 Mustang LX

Mr_Will is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mr_Will Send a message via MSN to Mr_Will Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_Will

depends on your definition of good and who you take it to. I have seen some nice paint work for cheap and I have seen expensive paint that looked like uber shit.

I had 15k paint job on my truck, and an 8k on one of my cars both were very nice. I had a 600 on one car and it was good for a daily driver but no show car. A friend has a fox with about 4500 in paint and its a very nice paint job.

James G. Bilkey - "You will never be the person you can be if pressure, tension, and discipline are taken out of your life."
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #4
MM Fanatic

SVTfocus, F250

mxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nice

an entire paint job sand, fill, prime, sand, paint, sand, buff will cost you around 7.5K at least
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #5
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 gt

mustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to behold

anywhere from 2000 to 5000 on up. lots of work involved, materials ain't cheap, etc...if you can do some of the prep work yourself you can save a bunch of $

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #7
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

TheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!

threeve

Originally Posted by SwAZy McScrotum View Post
Yup. I want your hot, thick, loaf in my mouth

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Too Soon, Junior!

03 GT Vert

asiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud of

Dang, I was hoping to stay in the $2k range. $7.5K I could buy myself another Mustang...
I guess my definition of good would be what these cars came out of the factory with. I really like the color on my car, just that someone in my school's parking lot scraped my front bumper backing out of a spot and now I have a 6 inch long stripe that looks like absolute shit

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #9
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of

$texas
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #10
175lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal

2007 Mustang GT/CS

XTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of lightXTCNAGT is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to XTCNAGT

the fact that im gay has nothing to do with this thread!
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #11
Forever in our hearts travis_afx

2003 SVT Cobra

rk_2000_Z/28 is a glorious beacon of lightrk_2000_Z/28 is a glorious beacon of lightrk_2000_Z/28 is a glorious beacon of lightrk_2000_Z/28 is a glorious beacon of lightrk_2000_Z/28 is a glorious beacon of lightrk_2000_Z/28 is a glorious beacon of light

You are going to see all kinds of numbers.

What is important is that you do your research. Make sure the place you go knows what they are doing. Just because they are expensive doesn't mean they are good. Especially when it comes to body shops. I know some places here in town that charge an arm and a leg, and they suck! Don't count out the smaller shops.

03 Cobra-Slow
02 SS, 00 Z/28-Gone

Rest In Peace Travis Billings
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #12
MM Fanatic

SVTfocus, F250

mxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nice

get the scratch fixed and have it professionally detailed. cut and buff whatever. youll love the results
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #13
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

M.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond repute

How bad is your paint? You might be able to have it buffed and achieve what you are looking for. Post some pics of the scratch.

Pinup in signature by loish.net
Modded Mustangs Cobra Club#007
Military Crew E6

VOTED MM's BEST SIGNATURE 2010. THANKS STANGGTR07

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #14
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

TheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond repute

$ texas

Originally Posted by XTCNAGT View Post
+anal bum cover

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #15
Too Soon, Junior!

03 GT Vert

The scratch is pretty deep, you can see the primer and the surface of the bumper, next to it the paint is starting to shrivel. The only places on my car that really needs work are the bumpers. I thought about getting a Saleen replica body kit and just have those color matched. It just bugs me every time I have to look at the front end of my car and see the scratch there.

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #16
Regular

03 10th Ani Cobra Vert
12.20@115

Montanasvt is on a distinguished road

i did all my prep-work on my 04 SRT-4, then paid someone 1500$ to paint it... if you take your time on it, it will more than likely turn out better than the shops prep work... here goes my skittle...also, it probably could use a good buff job and it will look fine...or just get it re-cleared...

Old February 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #17
Retired My Staff

2012 F-550 Super Duty

FM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FM1R Send a message via MSN to FM1R Send a message via Yahoo to FM1R Send a message via Skype™ to FM1R

I was just going to say what Montana said. I would do you own prep work. I did the same for my my 96 Z28. I bought it smashed and fixed it.
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #18
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

Ill smash you
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #19
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

Ill smash you
Don't bust me up with your tiny little girly arms

Old February 9th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #20
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

who said my arms would be involved?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/152621-how-much-does-good-paint-job-cost.html
Posted By For Type Date
Live Mobile Search This thread Refback July 30th, 2012 01:12 AM

Threads Similar to: How much does a good paint job cost?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cost of Paint ModMustang97GT Modular Mustangs 1 September 22nd, 2009 08:52 PM
cost of a mystic paint job 89_stangman 4V / SVT 20 July 12th, 2009 09:05 PM
Paint cost for front fascia acuboost 2005 - 2010 3 November 11th, 2008 11:40 AM
Paint cost Rated_R 2005 - 2010 V6 2 September 5th, 2008 06:36 PM
Cost to paint my my bodykit? Tmac01baller Visual 16 August 16th, 2007 04:31 AM