Motorcycle smoked head/tail lights...what's legal?!?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 14th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #1
Regular

05 Busa & 08 R6
faster than a Ford

Attack_Cobra is on a distinguished road

Motorcycle smoked head/tail lights...what's legal?!?

Oh hey, I'm thinking about doing some custom work on my '08 R6 and I was wondering what was legal regarding having someone smoke the headlights and taillights on a motorcycle. I'm probably going to make the headlights LED like those sweet Audi LED running lights or whatever they are called. No headlights actually, just LED strips on both sides. That will be the low beams for day use only. The high beams will be dual HIDs. But I was wondering if I will get pulled over for having the lenses smoked. I found an integrated, sequential taillight that's pretty sweet and probably have my buddy smoke that too. Thoughts...thanks!!

'05 Hayabusa Limited Edition & '08 R6
'04 Skidoo Summit 800
1980 Jeep CJ5 350
MM Cobra Club #30 & 31
(Cobras both sold )
My best creation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxvKUdZpvnU
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2010, 02:21 AM   #2
Samurai Vomit Magnet

2006 Mustang GT SC Vert

Alamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to behold

Why would you want to be less visible?

If its to look cool, I recommend a leather racing suit. That way when some idiot in a car pulls out right in front of you, that 100 yard slide will be fun.

sig by serbiandude
Vortech V2 HO Polished SC, Pypes long tube headers/catted X/mid mufflers, Koni Shocks/Struts, J&M Upper and Lower Control arms and Panhard Bar-488hp/425tq

Last edited by Alamo Stang; June 14th, 2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #3
Ducati Suburbanite

2003 Mustang GT
N/A

ColbyFoxx will become famous soon enoughColbyFoxx will become famous soon enough

^+1

Project thread:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...pic-heavy.html
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #4
Regular

05 Busa & 08 R6
faster than a Ford

Attack_Cobra is on a distinguished road

I see your point, but I will be running LED driving lights, HID headlights, and an LED taillight with a pulsing brake light and sequential blinkers integrated...this is much brigher than stock.

The question was is getting the lenses smoked legal or not so much...

'05 Hayabusa Limited Edition & '08 R6
'04 Skidoo Summit 800
1980 Jeep CJ5 350
MM Cobra Club #30 & 31
(Cobras both sold )
My best creation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxvKUdZpvnU
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:46 AM   #5
Ducati Suburbanite

2003 Mustang GT
N/A

ColbyFoxx will become famous soon enoughColbyFoxx will become famous soon enough

eh i dont see it being legal but i also havent heard to much about smokes headlights on a bike however i also don't see a cop pulling you over for it or anything

Project thread:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...pic-heavy.html
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:34 AM   #6
Not A Regular Member

McQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ColbyFoxx View Post
eh i dont see it being legal but i also havent heard to much about smokes headlights on a bike however i also don't see a cop pulling you over for it or anything
+1. I mean I could see them throwing that into a ticket if you piss a cop off while he's writing you a ticket for speeding or something, but for the most part cops in my part of Iowa don't really seem to care much about car mods in general. They're all about drugs and speeding. I think if you don't go overboard on the tint then you'll probably be fine. When it comes to legality, tinting your light at all is probably illegal unless they came from the factory with "smoked" lights (which probably wouldn't be very dark).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Motorcycle smoked head/tail lights...what's legal?!?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smoked/black head/tail/fog lights? Legal issues? gray89stang 5.0 Mustangs 11 May 31st, 2010 01:22 PM
Installed Smoked head lights and tail lights Ethan79 96 - 98 29 January 1st, 2010 07:59 PM
smoked tail lights and head lights 02MiNeRaLgRaYGT 99 - 04 13 October 13th, 2009 07:49 AM
Smoked Tail Lights quickstang281 96 - 98 79 January 14th, 2008 06:05 PM