They are going to molest the 2015 mustang :(
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:13 AM   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
MM Fanatic

2000 V6, 89 lx

Green_6er is a jewel in the roughGreen_6er is a jewel in the roughGreen_6er is a jewel in the rough

They are going to molest the 2015 mustang :(

I have recently read some forums discussing the 2015 mustang and some maybe renderings and the 2015 may look like the camaro and they are going to put a 4 cyl motor in it and that they may do away with the V8. Thoughts?

Car was born 10/18/99

Buy my V6 go fast parts!!!
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ml#post5237968
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Banned

6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute

you are so far behind the rumor mill it makes me sad....lol
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #3
Zippy Zip Custom \/

03 3.8, sold

spaseghost will become famous soon enoughspaseghost will become famous soon enough

???
2011 F350 CC/LB service bed, 6.7PSD
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #4
MM's Samsquanch

1998 GT

OneShotOneKill will become famous soon enoughOneShotOneKill will become famous soon enough

psh, i heard chevy is going to be making the mustang for us by 2015

Old July 26th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #5
EVO LVR

2003 Mustang GT
54.32 @ 4.87- Too many hookers in the trunk

Rotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to all

You've never heard about that? lol
93 RX7- STILL DOESN'T FUCKING RUN #wankelprobs
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #6
RAGEman's MLP buddy

2008 Mustang GT
14.02 @ 103.5

Rhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Rhythm Stick Send a message via MSN to Rhythm Stick

:facepalm

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I has the sex with your dog
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I can't imagine trying to run a man over in a car wash, but this is Burton were talking about.

Old July 26th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #7
D-M-B, not dumb

2003 Mustang Mach 1

Mach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to behold

I like Mustangs
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #8
MM Fanatic

2000 V6, 89 lx

Green_6er is a jewel in the roughGreen_6er is a jewel in the roughGreen_6er is a jewel in the rough

haha I know im slow but i just happened to come across it and i was like wtf when i read it.

Car was born 10/18/99

Old July 26th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #9
MM's Anti-Hardparker

2008 Shelby GT500

08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future

yeah old rumor is old. the designs are fake, there will be v8s and it is possible that they may have 4 cyclinder or maybe ecoboost v6 but im not expecting much.
MM Cobra Club #24

Old July 26th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #10
EVO LVR

2003 Mustang GT
54.32 @ 4.87- Too many hookers in the trunk

Rotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to allRotard is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mach1dmb View Post
I like Mustangs
The horses? Me too.
93 RX7- STILL DOESN'T FUCKING RUN #wankelprobs
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #11
MM Fanatic

2000 V6, 89 lx

I think if they just do the base model a 4 cyl but still offer the v6 and v8 that they will get a lot more buyers. I just hope that w/e they come up with for a body design that they don't ruin it.

Car was born 10/18/99

Old July 26th, 2011, 01:40 AM   #12
D-M-B, not dumb

2003 Mustang Mach 1

Mach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 618King View Post
The horses? Me too.
The planes
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #13
Wanna be show worthy.

2004 Mustang GT
N/A

B's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud of

I'll be pissed if there isnt a v8 mustang. I'll be even more pissed if they offer a 4 cylinder one.

Mods: -Eibach Pro Kit - K&N - Tuned for 91 octane - SLP - Visual Shit-

i love Uranus
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:36 AM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

1994 Mustang GT
14.582@92.58MPH

Mustang Boy has a spectacular aura aboutMustang Boy has a spectacular aura aboutMustang Boy has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mustang Boy Send a message via MSN to Mustang Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang Boy
Cool

Originally Posted by B's04gt View Post
I'll be pissed if there isnt a v8 mustang. I'll be even more pissed if they offer a 4 cylinder one.
There is no way they could drop the V8 this soon after creating the 5.0. And why would you be pissed if they came out with a 4cyl. option? It's not like it would effect you and it wouldn't be the first time that a 4cyl has been dropped into the engine bay by Ford. I personally think from a business stand point that a 4cyl Mustang would be a good option if they plan on making the Mustang smaller in the next body style especially if they can get 35mpg+. Using a lower powered 4cyl would let them use the lighter 7.5in rear end, a smaller lighter transmission, smaller lighter brakes, and quite a few other lighter parts that would lessen the weight of the base model to help it get even more MPG.

Black and White Crew
Crew Member #2
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #15
I wanna SPRAY!

2003 Mustang GT

TaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to behold

One thing i'm confident in saying is that no matter what changes come to the Mustang, dropping the v8 motor option will not be one of them. Honestly, the Mustang needs too be completely redesigned. Ford can't continue selling them if the design stays the same forever. I'm anxious to see how the next generation will look and don't see anything wrong with giving people a turbo 4 or 6 cylinder motor option.
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:06 AM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

1994 Mustang GT
14.582@92.58MPH

Mustang Boy has a spectacular aura aboutMustang Boy has a spectacular aura aboutMustang Boy has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mustang Boy Send a message via MSN to Mustang Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang Boy
Cool

Just finished doing a little researching and I came up with this. With the new redesign that is rumored to make the next gen Mustang smaller this would also make it lighter. The current V6 Mustang weighs in at a little over 3400lbs, the current 4cyl fusion weights in at a little over 3200lbs. If they take the 2.5L 4cyl from the Fusion and direct inject it and toss it in the Mustang this alone would drop lets say 50-75lbs bringing the weight to a little under 3400lbs. Now drop in the smaller 7.5in rear end will drop another 50-75lbs bringing the weight to right around 3300lbs. Now you toss on a smaller set of brakes and drop another 15-20lbs, stick on a set of 16x6 wheels with a low rolling resistance tire. Now just doing these weight saving measures alone with the current(2011) Mustang will bring it to within 60lbs of the 2012 Fusion which gets 33mpg highway. Now since the next gen Mustang is rumored to be smaller you can drop another couple hundred pounds off of that and bring it to around 3100lbs. Now mate a 6spd manual with a 6spd auto, as an option, with both being geared for fuel efficiency, and the rear gear ratio at 3.08(maybe use a 2.73 as an SFE option). Now since the engine would now be positioned front to bad instead of transversely the engines intake and exhaust will be able to flow more efficiently producing more power without a jump in fuel consumption(this was proven with the 3.7L). This could bring the power of the engine to just shy of 200hp(estimate) and maybe breaching the 200hp mark with the use of direct injection(would also yield better gas mileage). Doing this and you would have a car that would be quicker than the 05-10 base model(4.0L) and yield significantly better fuel mileage(could reach as high as 35-36mpg I estimate). I believe this would be a great option for those who want the styling of a Mustang but don't want/need high horsepower and the high insurance rates that come with more powerful Mustangs.

From a theoretical standpoint this looks to be a very solid idea but I don't know exactly how well it would work out in the real world as there are many factors that can't be accounted for.

Black and White Crew
Crew Member #2
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:12 AM   #17
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

blackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura about

From what i heard about it, its supposed to be going global with IRS and should be much lighter with more power with a v8 leading the top of the line and a eco-boost 4 or 6 banger as a base engine.

You can read about it here: More news on the 2014 Mustang | CJ Pony Parts
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:19 AM   #18
MM's Anti-Hardparker

2008 Shelby GT500

08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future08blkgt500 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blackGTstang View Post
From what i heard about it, its supposed to be going global with IRS and should be much lighter with more power with a v8 leading the top of the line and a eco-boost 4 or 6 banger as a base engine.

You can read about it here: More news on the 2014 Mustang | CJ Pony Parts
when they go global, they will focus on v6 performances rather than the v8 because europe just plainly rather have v6 than the v8. they like the twisties rather than just raw power haha

im still skeptical with them doing IRS. i dont see it happening, unless its for a specialty mustang
MM Cobra Club #24

Old July 26th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #19

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mustang Boy View Post
There is no way they could drop the V8 this soon after creating the 5.0. And why would you be pissed if they came out with a 4cyl. option? It's not like it would effect you and it wouldn't be the first time that a 4cyl has been dropped into the engine bay by Ford. I personally think from a business stand point that a 4cyl Mustang would be a good option if they plan on making the Mustang smaller in the next body style especially if they can get 35mpg+. Using a lower powered 4cyl would let them use the lighter 7.5in rear end, a smaller lighter transmission, smaller lighter brakes, and quite a few other lighter parts that would lessen the weight of the base model to help it get even more MPG.
They won't use the lighter 7.5" rear end because it's most likely going to be IRS.
Old July 26th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #20
Enthusiast

2009 Mazda Mazda6

MustangGt40th is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by B's04gt View Post
Get ready to be even more pissed...I almost guarantee they will use the Ecoboost 4 cyl at some point in time in the next generation Mustang. I don't think it will be too bad though

-2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring: The new whip

Wish I could've kept the Mustang and the Mazda at the same time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/227318-they-going-molest-2015-mustang.html
Posted By For Type Date
More news on the 2014 Mustang | CJ Pony Parts This thread Refback August 9th, 2011 09:03 PM
More news on the 2014 Mustang | CJ Pony Parts This thread Refback July 31st, 2011 11:34 AM

Threads Similar to: They are going to molest the 2015 mustang :(
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 4 Banger Stang? SilverStallion05 The Clubhouse 100 October 17th, 2011 08:30 AM
2015 will be 50th anniversary model, facelift for 2013 mustang walt1120 The Clubhouse 28 July 7th, 2011 05:24 PM
2015 Mustang Concept? Blitzen The Clubhouse 50 June 8th, 2011 04:15 PM
rumors for 2015 Mlx50man The Clubhouse 53 April 2nd, 2011 09:11 AM
iRacing.com Launches Virtual Mustang Cup with Ford Racing Mustang Challenge FR500S AutoGuide.com The Clubhouse 11 July 8th, 2010 01:00 PM