Dead spot in vision
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

'94 GT Vert
Haven't Tried A Vagina Yet

98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to 98FireyGT!

Dead spot in vision

I just noticed I have a dead spot in my right eye.

Pretty much just the absolute center of my vision. I don't notice it when looking straight ahead or both my eyes are open.

Any thoughts? My eye doesn't hurt at all, havn't got anything in it or anything.

MM BRONY CLUB
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

MustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MustangMatt96GT

Go to the eye doctor... It could be a detatched retina.... My dad has a had a few, and they are not something to mess around with... Anything with my vision and im at the dr within a few minutes...

My dad can no longer see out of his right eye....

1996 Mustang GT - Racecar
1995 Mustang GT - Daily Driver
Special Thanks to:
PoorMan Motorsports Full Parts Supply
MIA Motorsports For any Chassis Related Work or Drag Wings

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #3
I <3 Boost

04 Cobra
12.4@112mph 1.9-60ft 5000ft-DA

JoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to JoshC

+! man. dont fuck around when it comes to sight.

My 04 Cobra Build <-- pics/info about my car

MM Cobra Club #2.76
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #4

'94 GT Vert

98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold

Wouldn't a detached retina make me blind in that eye?

But yeah, if it doesn't go away in a little bit I'm gonna go up to the hospital to get it checked out.

MM BRONY CLUB
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #5
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

MustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MustangMatt96GT

Not the whole eye, just spots in it...

1996 Mustang GT - Racecar
1995 Mustang GT - Daily Driver
Special Thanks to:
PoorMan Motorsports Full Parts Supply
MIA Motorsports For any Chassis Related Work or Drag Wings

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #6
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

TheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!

Get to the doctor you flatulent ridden troglodyte

Originally Posted by bluebandit!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GAYYYYYY!!!!

Old December 7th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #7
Eat Springs, Shit Valves

2008 Mustang GT

AnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant future

Guys, it's nothing to worry about. I thinks probably just jerking it too much.
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #8
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 gt

mustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to behold

wtf are you doing on here asking questions? get to a doctor!

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #9

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone has a blind spot in their vision in both eyes. It's not dead center, but about 10*-15* offset. The reason is because this location is where the optical nerve enters the eye and there are no photoreceptors on that part of the optic disc.

The only way you can notice this is if one eye is closed. Since it's normal, the brain just fills in this missing section of your vision w/ the surroundings.
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #10
iPoopke Regular

2004 Mustang

iPAPKE will become famous soon enoughiPAPKE will become famous soon enough

If its something youre just now noticing, go to the doctors. I agree with SonicBoom, but you wouldnt just now notice this.
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #11
LIKE A DOCTAH!!

Terminator

watson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to behold

i have this same problem. i notice it only at night. i have those glow in the dark stars stuck to my ceiling and when the lights are off n i stare right at it, it disappears within about 2 seconds... its not immediately gone. if i want to see it, i have to look right next to it and itll show up.

in the light, there's no problems.. i think i read somewhere that its normal for it to happen in darkness.. if ur having problems during the daylight hours, id go immediately. maybe ill go now that i think about it.
MM COBRA CLUB MEMBER #134
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #12
iPoopke Regular

2004 Mustang

Your good lethal lol. Dont believe there is a problem with ya
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #13
LIKE A DOCTAH!!

Terminator

watson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to beholdwatson is a splendid one to behold

says some guy in a forum lol
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #14
iPoopke Regular

2004 Mustang

Same shit happens to me. When I stare at shit at night, it disappears. My eyes always check out fine. .02.
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #15
Enthusiast

brought_pain will become famous soon enough

Go see an eye doctor. Some give cash discounts. It's an easy trip. Im glad I did it.
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #16

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LethalDosage View Post
i have this same problem. i notice it only at night. i have those glow in the dark stars stuck to my ceiling and when the lights are off n i stare right at it, it disappears within about 2 seconds... its not immediately gone. if i want to see it, i have to look right next to it and itll show up.

in the light, there's no problems.. i think i read somewhere that its normal for it to happen in darkness.. if ur having problems during the daylight hours, id go immediately. maybe ill go now that i think about it.
This is also perfectly normal. The reason is because your night vision is actually in your peripheral vision. Since it's dark in your room and you're using your night vision, looking directly at the object makes it harder to see. When looking at things when it's dark out, it's easiest to see if you just to the side of it.
Old December 7th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #17

'94 GT Vert

Just got back from the ER. They couldn't find anything physically wrong with my eye, they looked inside it with a machine. Found out though if I close my left eye its really really hard to read small stuff, anything I'm looking directly at has like a shadow over it. I have an appointment with the eye doctor on monday. =/

MM BRONY CLUB
Old December 7th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #18
LIKE A DOCTAH!!

Terminator

Originally Posted by 98FireyGT! View Post
Just got back from the ER. They couldn't find anything physically wrong with my eye, they looked inside it with a machine. Found out though if I close my left eye its really really hard to read small stuff, anything I'm looking directly at has like a shadow over it. I have an appointment with the eye doctor on monday. =/
yea, probably just got some aids in it or something
Old December 7th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #19
meh

========

Notcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Notcho

I have retinal detachment according to my eye doctor. And I have floaters in my eyes, which are dark spots that move when I look around. Some of them aren't dark.. they're kind of whitish. I notice them more when I'm looking at something bright, like a computer screen or if I'm outside. Sometimes I can see them on darker things too.

When they get in the right spot when I'm reading, they will make a word look fuzzy or blurred out, but if I look one way and then look back again, they will usually move and I can see the word again.

It's pretty annoying, and it can make it a pain in the ass to track down flies or mosquitoes.

'87 2.3 Notch with +4 cylinder mod

Gas, Grass, or Ass.. nobody rides for free
Black Stang Crew Member #11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Dead spot in vision
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Dead Spot" with aftermarket cams? 03_StangGuy 99 - 04 16 June 2nd, 2011 11:28 AM
Vision Wheels, Familiar? Macdf2 Visual 1 May 20th, 2011 07:45 AM
Am I losing me vision? dr.gonzo! The Clubhouse 4 October 4th, 2010 03:13 PM
scarry vision dr.gonzo! The Clubhouse 8 June 11th, 2008 10:43 PM
i had a vision.. BWAL Visual 3 October 16th, 2007 05:56 PM