2012 Shelby GT 1000
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #1
I wanna SPRAY!

2003 Mustang GT

TaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to behold

2012 Shelby GT 1000

Time for me to break the piggy bank and count all my quarters!
Video: Meet The Brand New 2012 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 1000 - Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

TheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!

Originally Posted by bluebandit!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GAYYYYYY!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Cum On Me Bro

14 Fiesta ST

sikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud of

Only problem, is that I would NEVER EVER EVER spend over 50k on a Mustang...

I mean they're sweet cars and all, but really?
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #4
Skirt Chasing Philanderer

Kit Car/Ducati/Explorer
Nike Fast

1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute

For $200k thats in supercar territory. While it would be sweet, there are a handful of cars ahead of it for that kind of money...
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA

'01 Mustang GT Vert
'85 Merc 300TD

nileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 1FastFox View Post
For $200k thats in supercar territory. While it would be sweet, there are a handful of cars ahead of it for that kind of money...
But they don't have 1100hp. This is far and away the cheapest 1000 hp+ car on the market, even at $205k

Old March 27th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #6
RAGEman's MLP buddy

2008 Mustang GT
14.02 @ 103.5

Rhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud ofRhythm Stick has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Rhythm Stick Send a message via MSN to Rhythm Stick

Originally Posted by nileppezdel77! View Post
But they don't have 1100hp. This is far and away the cheapest 1000 hp+ car on the market, even at $205k
I'm sure it would be cheaper to go all out on a 1000 hp build than it would to buy one.

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I has the sex with your dog
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I can't imagine trying to run a man over in a car wash, but this is Burton were talking about.

Old March 27th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #7
I like when it's shiny.

2012 GT
5.slow

prowatt! is a glorious beacon of lightprowatt! is a glorious beacon of lightprowatt! is a glorious beacon of lightprowatt! is a glorious beacon of lightprowatt! is a glorious beacon of lightprowatt! is a glorious beacon of light

Meh...

Worthless Thread Founder

Old March 27th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #8
Fear The Rain... Butt...?

2008 Shelby GT500

Rainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant future

That price tag is putting it against Lamborghinis, Ferraris, the Audi R8 V10, Aston Martins, and the McLaren MP4-12C. I don't believe that is territory that a Mustang belongs in.

Check out my build thread!
Originally Posted by Fluffy The Rhino View Post
My Mustang is louder than 3 semi trucks. Making love.
Originally Posted by southfour! View Post
Rainbow made him gay?

Wouldn't be the first time.
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #9

'01 Mustang GT Vert
'85 Merc 300TD

nileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by graystang01 View Post
I'm sure it would be cheaper to go all out on a 1000 hp build than it would to buy one.
Without a doubt, but I'm talking only about "production" cars. You could build a 1000hp car for WAY less. In my opinion, this car is really a collector's item more than anything else. It's doubtful that many people will be taking Shelby up on this offer, so it's just another low production specialty Mustang.

Old March 27th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #10
I wanna SPRAY!

2003 Mustang GT

TaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to beholdTaintedStang is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't have a problem spending $200k on a Mustang, just not this one! I can't afford to spend that much on a car anyway, so my opinion is worthless.
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #11
I love to skydive

2005 Mustang GT, 1967 GT

Durr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant future

It is an extreme collectors car. Nothing else. If I had 200k to spend on a car..... My god.

I would probably just get a 100k car and then buy 4 mkiv's.

That mobile device thingy
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #12

03 GT, 64 GMC

BA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant future

Seems to me all that HP is just a waste, yet another shelby car that doesn't have any rear tires. At least put some 315s behind it to help put that power down.

Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
I'm a fucking idiot. I'll do it with my sister.
64 GMC build
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #13

'01 Mustang GT Vert
'85 Merc 300TD

Originally Posted by 08GTCS Stang View Post
That price tag is putting it against Lamborghinis, Ferraris, the Audi R8 V10, Aston Martins, and the McLaren MP4-12C. I don't believe that is territory that a Mustang belongs in.
The person buying a $200k Mustang is the same person that doesn't have to choose which of those you've listed he wants either. Collector's cars like this are not the same as exotics.

Old March 27th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #14
I wanna SPRAY!

2003 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
Seems to me all that HP is just a waste, yet another shelby car that doesn't have any rear tires. At least put some 315s behind it to help put that power down.
Oh really? Ask this test driver!
Shelby fakes photos of Shelby 1000 lifting off ground
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #15
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

1996 GT/ 2008 GT Vert

1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of

If i had one, id take the track ready model and drive it like i stole it. Probably would slide off the track constantly, but would be so amazing.
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

1987 lx T-Top
N/A

flatblack94 is a jewel in the roughflatblack94 is a jewel in the roughflatblack94 is a jewel in the rough

do want....

If I had that kind of money Id gladly buy one, Id bet that it would hold it's own amoungst other super cars too especially with some nice tires.

Mods: Flowmaster cat-back
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #17
Skirt Chasing Philanderer

Kit Car/Ducati/Explorer
Nike Fast

1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nileppezdel77! View Post
This is true. But the million dollar ( or two hundred thousand in this case ) is can it actually make use of that power and perform like a thousand HP car? Or will it get outrun in the corners by lambos and on the straight aways by Ferraris all with less power and a cheaper price tag?

Its like the newer ducati sport bikes. That come with a little over 200hp and require traction control. If you want to make something like that why not put the power into a relatively reasonable and usable range and using the remaining otherwise used effort towards altering the design?
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #18

'01 Mustang GT Vert
'85 Merc 300TD

Originally Posted by 1FastFox View Post
This is true. But the million dollar ( or two hundred thousand in this case ) is can it actually make use of that power and perform like a thousand HP car? Or will it get outrun in the corners by lambos and on the straight aways by Ferraris all with less power and a cheaper price tag?

Its like the newer ducati sport bikes. That come with a little over 200hp and require traction control. If you want to make something like that why not put the power into a relatively reasonable and usable range and using the remaining otherwise used effort towards altering the design?
See that's where I think my other comment filled in the gaps in that. This isn't really meant to be a Ferrari killer is it? It's a low production collector's car for people of means and a talking point for fanboys, not a real competition car.

Old March 27th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #19
eating 1 ricer at a time

2002 mustang GT
not sure only ran on the streets so far!

02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice

You can pick up a Hennessy ford gt40 1000 hp Tt for 200-215k I'd rather be rocking that but that's just me

A while back on eBay there was a 1500hp Tt gt40 for 225k

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #20
Giving her that O face

2010 Mustang GT
Fast Enough

2010Mustang will become famous soon enough2010Mustang will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 2010Mustang

200K for a mustang? Yea not one I will be looking at to purchase... Thats stupid crazy..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 2012 Shelby GT 1000
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
475hp Supercharged V6 2012 Shelby GTS XxstarspyXX The Clubhouse 62 October 29th, 2011 12:35 AM
2012 Shelby Cobra 500 GT What's it worth? turtle23 2011 - 2014 20 October 11th, 2011 12:42 PM
2012 MUSTANGS NEEDED! 3.7L/5.0/Boss/Shelby scotth@kn K & N Filters 0 June 15th, 2011 08:16 PM
2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake craigdavey The Clubhouse 11 April 13th, 2011 12:59 PM
1000 RWHP Shelby GT500 - Code Red CandyredGT 2005 - 2010 15 November 11th, 2010 01:05 PM