Should I get the Razr? Razr Maxx? or neither? - Page 2
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #21

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skuzzy View Post
Ill check that out. I hate the size of the droids which is the main reason why i like the razr. Idk if the extra 100 for the battery is worth it. Im not sure if ill use all that battery
I have the Razr currently and if I had to do it over again I would go with the Razr MAXX.

My day starts off at 4:30AM when I unplug my phone and turn it on. Then I'm at work from 6:00AM until 4:30PM. While at work, I get next to no signal and it really drains the battery. Then I get home around 5:00PM, use wireless tether, normal phone use, and it gets plugged in around 9:00PM. By then it's in the 5% battery range. During the work week I'm maxing out at 1 day (~16 hours) of light to moderate usage.

During the weekend, I'll unplug my phone on Saturday, use it like normal (which isn't a ton on the weekend), and I'll plug it in on Sunday night. It'll last me a couple days when I stay in an area with coverage.

Since most of my time is during the week at work, I wish the battery would last longer.

Originally Posted by Americano View Post
The difference for me was that android makers tend to abandon their devices, and when the new os comes out you are left in the dust. While apple tends to update their devices a lot longer for instance the iPhone 3Gs is running iOS 5.1 which is their latest os for their mobile devices. iOS And android are the same.. So go with what you want, I'm extremely happy with my iPhone and I don't feel a need to upgrade. best of luck!
IMHO, I like that they don't push the newest versions of Android to a phone that's not designed to run them. Did you ever try running the iPhone 3 when they pushed iOS 4 to the phone? The thing basically stoped responding it was so slow.

I don't think operating systems should be pushed to phones that don't have the computing power to run them. I wouldn't install Windows 7 on an 8 year old computer and expect it to run. You leave Windows XP on it and keep it going.

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #22
MM's Ginger

1998 mustang gt
walkable

skuzzy has a spectacular aura aboutskuzzy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
mp only means how big the picture can be printed. it has nothing to do with the quality of the picture.

rooting just means you have administrative priviliges on your phone. means you can do what ever the hell you want like delete the bullshit apps they tend to load the phone with. the nexus does not have bloat ware i believe. basically get a nexus unless you have to have extreme battery life then get the maxx. rooting the max is a bitch while rooting the nexus takes 2 minutes
Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
Get the nexus if you want to play...

I have a nexus and love it...

The MP's dont mean shit...
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
I have the Razr currently and if I had to do it over again I would go with the Razr MAXX.

My day starts off at 4:30AM when I unplug my phone and turn it on. Then I'm at work from 6:00AM until 4:30PM. While at work, I get next to no signal and it really drains the battery. Then I get home around 5:00PM, use wireless tether, normal phone use, and it gets plugged in around 9:00PM. By then it's in the 5% battery range. During the work week I'm maxing out at 1 day (~16 hours) of light to moderate usage.

During the weekend, I'll unplug my phone on Saturday, use it like normal (which isn't a ton on the weekend), and I'll plug it in on Sunday night. It'll last me a couple days when I stay in an area with coverage.

Since most of my time is during the week at work, I wish the battery would last longer.

IMHO, I like that they don't push the newest versions of Android to a phone that's not designed to run them. Did you ever try running the iPhone 3 when they pushed iOS 4 to the phone? The thing basically stoped responding it was so slow.

I don't think operating systems should be pushed to phones that don't have the computing power to run them. I wouldn't install Windows 7 on an 8 year old computer and expect it to run. You leave Windows XP on it and keep it going.

lol im embarrased now, but i'll check out the nexsus soon and try to get a fell for it. i really dont care for how it looks though

Originally Posted by Drick View Post
I bought a .22 just because its the right size where when unloaded I can take the end of the barrel and stick my....eh nevermind
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #23
MM's Ginger

1998 mustang gt
walkable

yea it really depends on what your going to do with the phone. if your not going to root it and tweak the shit out of it get the maxx. trust me you will want the battery life. trust me on this. if you want the all out bad ass of bad ass phones get the nexus. that thing is a fucking beast. quad core love yea its faster then my laptop lol
all the websites ive been checking on the nexus have been saying its a dual core

and can someone explain to me what makes a good phone camera or the specs to look for?

reps for the help, thanks

I bought a .22 just because its the right size where when unloaded I can take the end of the barrel and stick my....eh nevermind
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #24
MM's Database Error

2004 Mustang V6
322.8 rwhp

WLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud of

all the websites ive been checking on the nexus have been saying its a dual core

and can someone explain to me what makes a good phone camera or the specs to look for?

The pictures on the nexus are fine. They can be blurry if you are moving a lot though because of the fast shutter on them.

Your best bet is to go and check the phones out yourself really.

I'm trying to get rid of this stuff, feel free to make me an offer!:
SCT Mass Air Flow Sensor $200
Tial Wastegate Springs $40 (10psi and 3.6psi)
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #25
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to ChrisJ Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisJ

Thats because it is a dual core...I think d just got excited...

If you want a good picture buy a camera...if you want a decent camera phone look at pictures taken by it...

I took all those in dim light with my nexus...
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #26
Damage Control

Dennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant future

i thought it was quad lol. either way rooting a nexus is as simple as rooting the charge. flash a file done lol. unlocked bootloaders ftw. im getting a nexus for ma b-day in july unless something cooler comes out which i doubt

Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can shit a human sized target at 15 feet
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #27

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I do like about the Razr is that if you are NOT going to root the phone, you can hide all the bloatware apps. So instead of having 3 pages of apps that aren't used, they're hidden and you only see that apps that you want.
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #28
Damage Control

Dennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant future

yea but their still eating rom space and a lot of them run in the back round eating ram. i would rather remove them. but if the razr has a one click root like some do its simple. rooting just for that fact is well worth it. plus you can get titanium back up so you can freeze the apps which kills em and hides them for good but you can un freeze them if you need to take the phone in for something

Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can shit a human sized target at 15 feet
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #29
MM Fanatic

me2dumb4college is just really niceme2dumb4college is just really niceme2dumb4college is just really niceme2dumb4college is just really niceme2dumb4college is just really nice

i have the razr, not sure what all the bashing is about... battery life could be better, agreed, but it's got a dual core, everything is responsive and fast, i hardly ever have it locked up... the camera is good, video is great... whats the issue?

just fyi, if you haven't held it, the phone is rediciously light and fits perfect into my pocket... i've got a medium to large size hand, and it fits nicely in my palm, but could be too big for someone with smaller fingers, esp. reaching the top left of the phone with your thumb
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #30
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by me2dumb4college View Post
i have the razr, not sure what all the bashing is about... battery life could be better, agreed, but it's got a dual core, everything is responsive and fast, i hardly ever have it locked up... the camera is good, video is great... whats the issue?
Locked and Encrypted boot loader
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #31

2003 Grand Cherokee

yea but their still eating rom space and a lot of them run in the back round eating ram. i would rather remove them. but if the razr has a one click root like some do its simple. rooting just for that fact is well worth it. plus you can get titanium back up so you can freeze the apps which kills em and hides them for good but you can un freeze them if you need to take the phone in for something
You don't have to tell me the advantages of rooting. I was just saying that for someone who doesn't want to root (for whatever reason they want), it would be nice to hide them to remove 3 pages of worthless apps.

Like I said, battery life is my issue. If one is debating between the Razr and the Razr MAXX, then go with the MAXX for the better battery life.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #32
Hardcore Enthusiast

89 LX

blaten22 has a spectacular aura aboutblaten22 has a spectacular aura aboutblaten22 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to blaten22

Locked and Encrypted boot loader
Still running eclipse, so its no biggie to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #33
MM's Ginger

1998 mustang gt
walkable

Thats because it is a dual core...I think d just got excited...

If you want a good picture buy a camera...if you want a decent camera phone look at pictures taken by it...

I took all those in dim light with my nexus...
jeezy peezy! thats a hell of alot better than what im taking on my ipod touch right now

just fyi, if you haven't held it, the phone is rediciously light and fits perfect into my pocket... i've got a medium to large size hand, and it fits nicely in my palm, but could be too big for someone with smaller fingers, esp. reaching the top left of the phone with your thumb
this is the main reason as to why i want it. i hate those huge phones and i need something that can easily fit in my pocket

you guys do have me sold on the nexus but i will go to the store to feel it out. idk if i will do all the rooting but it does sound cool

Old April 17th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #34
RLY SRS

Originally Posted by blaten22 View Post
Still running eclipse, so its no biggie to me.

Yes the developers have been working around blur since the X so they have gotten good...But the stock kernel leaves ALOT on the table and well blur sucks...
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #35
Hardcore Enthusiast

89 LX

blaten22 has a spectacular aura aboutblaten22 has a spectacular aura aboutblaten22 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to blaten22

Yes the developers have been working around blur since the X so they have gotten good...But the stock kernel leaves ALOT on the table and well blur sucks...
I actually would be half satisfied with blur if the would let it be stock so I could install what I want and nothing else. I have played with gummy and Black widow, but for now,I think I'll stay where i'm at.

Old May 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #36
MM's Ginger

1998 mustang gt
walkable

finally got the nexus, anything i should know or do with it?

its my first smartphone and andriod

Old May 25th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #37
I'm, Ron Burgundy?

2006 Silverado 5.3

Gerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post

How the hell do you managae that? I start at 7:00 when I wake up for work. And by 11:00 AM it's on 5% or less
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #38

2003 Grand Cherokee

Originally Posted by Gerbig View Post
How the hell do you managae that? I start at 7:00 when I wake up for work. And by 11:00 AM it's on 5% or less
That's just how it works out. If I remember on Sunday night, I'll try to get a screenshot.

It might be a coverage area. You're only getting 16 hours of battery life and I get that when I'm at work when it's working from a repeater (I believe the repeater causes it to suck down extra battery.
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #39
I'm, Ron Burgundy?

2006 Silverado 5.3

Gerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to all

i DON'T EVEN USE lte, i JUST USE NORMAL 3g WITH NO WIFI AND IT'S GONE WITHIN 4-5 HOURS
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #40

2003 Grand Cherokee

Originally Posted by Gerbig View Post
i DON'T EVEN USE lte, i JUST USE NORMAL 3g WITH NO WIFI AND IT'S GONE WITHIN 4-5 HOURS
You're battery is gone within 4-5 hours? You have a battery issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Should I get the Razr? Razr Maxx? or neither?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Droid Bionic vs. Razr? Gerbig The Clubhouse 14 January 23rd, 2012 11:05 PM
Got Bored and Rooted the Razr... blaten22 The Clubhouse 14 December 27th, 2011 10:11 PM
just picked up a Droid razr! :) 00mustang00 The Clubhouse 10 December 1st, 2011 05:53 PM