How often do you "window shop"?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Official Thread Killer

OhSix Sexxer>OhSeven Sexy
00.00@000.00

RenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud of

How often do you "window shop"?

Just a little realization here, I "window shop" online for my stang while putting the final product in my mind a lot recently.

Just wondering how many hours a day/week you guys do the same.

I'm probably at about 30-40 hours a week because of my lax job... I'll check CL>ebay>AM>LMR>CJPP all the while randomly looking back onto MM for more shit to look at.

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13 SR Springs, AirRaid CAI, Flow AT-SS, FRPP Cams
(LTs, Hpipe and ATAKs to follow)
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I wish I had a Big Ole Vagina
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #2
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Triple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant future

All the fucking time, lol.
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #3
MM Fanatic

2003 Cobra (vert)

Aceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to all

About the only thing I use the interwebs for is to look at cars and car forums...

Always looking for insperation and ideas or to just learn something...

MM Cobra Club #2.6
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Not A Regular Member

McQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant future

I don't even have a stang and I still find myself browsing CL for cheap parts
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

1999 Mustang V6
Slow @ Even slower

pelle15 is a jewel in the roughpelle15 is a jewel in the roughpelle15 is a jewel in the rough

what, should I be doing home work or something better
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Official Thread Killer

00.00@000.00

RenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud of

Lemme know if you find a good deal on a full brake system or maybe just some decent rotors that'll stop a new 5.0 and still stop it after I s/c it to 720hp

I'll have a few loooooong years till i get ready for that, unless I deploy about 2-3 times

'06 v6 - sold
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #7
The soul stealing Ginger

2001 Mustang 3.8l

dgt_mustang is a splendid one to beholddgt_mustang is a splendid one to beholddgt_mustang is a splendid one to beholddgt_mustang is a splendid one to beholddgt_mustang is a splendid one to beholddgt_mustang is a splendid one to beholddgt_mustang is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to dgt_mustang

Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
That does make you insane.....

Dr.Gonzo! is the Ultimate IT master, the king of tech, The Dong.
The Dong^?? ZIP!!!
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #8
Official Thread Killer

00.00@000.00

What's this homework you speak of? hell I do this on a MIL pc... I'm suprised the sites are still allowed for as long as I have been looking at them.

'06 v6 - sold
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #9
April 2012 ROTM

2002 GT, True Blue, Stick

wishIhada5.0 is a jewel in the roughwishIhada5.0 is a jewel in the roughwishIhada5.0 is a jewel in the roughwishIhada5.0 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to wishIhada5.0

all the time! haha
True blue crew founder/member #1 Newest Project: 2010 Ram 2500 Cummins G56 RCLB Rollin' Coal Crew Founder
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

94 Mustang Gt

nkausch will become famous soon enoughnkausch will become famous soon enough

That's not crazy. Sometimes I find myself saying wow that's a great deal... And then I realize I can't even use what I'm looking at.

Anyway I find myself looking all the time for good deals and imagining my car as a finished product

70mm Turbo Build
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #11
Eat Springs, Shit Valves

2008 Mustang GT

AnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant future

I never really window shop. I occasionally look at a few parts that I want. Then I realize I can't afford them for a while and start crying.
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #12
Not A Regular Member

McQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dgt_mustang View Post
That does make you insane.....

Originally Posted by nkausch View Post
That's not crazy. Sometimes I find myself saying wow that's a great deal... And then I realize I can't even use what I'm looking at.
I just did that about an hour ago. Was poking around CL and found a Mach 1 hood for $100. I could probably buy it, fix the cracks, primer it, and sell it for a profit. But I know I'd end up saving it in case I get another 99-04 in the near future
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #13
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

I stimulate the economy like a motha fucka. Get at me.
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #14
3v reppin'

2007 Mustang GT Conv.
12.1@112

Taxman is a splendid one to beholdTaxman is a splendid one to beholdTaxman is a splendid one to beholdTaxman is a splendid one to beholdTaxman is a splendid one to beholdTaxman is a splendid one to beholdTaxman is a splendid one to beholdTaxman is a splendid one to behold

Every single fucking day. I look at parts all the time.

Sent telepathically

2007 GT Convertible Build Thread
Vortech V3 trim, FRPP Intake manifold, MAC LT's, Prochamber, Ford Racing 3:73 gears, FRPP springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP 62mm Throttle body, tuned by True Street Motorsports. 523 rwhp 440 lbft torque
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #15
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?

2001 Mustang GT 'Vert

TheOdessa is just really niceTheOdessa is just really niceTheOdessa is just really niceTheOdessa is just really niceTheOdessa is just really nice

I find myself browsing CL, Ebay, and the classifieds on forums to see if I can get myself a steal

I also cross reference AM, Amazon, and on parts Rockauto to price out repairs and maintenance

Advance Auto Parts is such a rip off compared to Amazon or RockAuto

Convertible Crew # 6
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #16
Official Thread Killer

00.00@000.00

Whats Rockauto?

a new site to add a few hours to this week? SWEEEEET

'06 v6 - sold
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Not A Regular Member

Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
Whats Rockauto?

a new site to add a few hours to this week? SWEEEEET
Lol it's all replacement parts, not upgrades. But they do offer some pretty good deals and if you sign up for their newsletter you occasionally get codes for x% off.
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #18
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?

2001 Mustang GT 'Vert

TheOdessa is just really niceTheOdessa is just really niceTheOdessa is just really niceTheOdessa is just really niceTheOdessa is just really nice

Lol it's all replacement parts, not upgrades. But they do offer some pretty good deals and if you sign up for their newsletter you occasionally get codes for x% off.
Bingo

If you're doing a big project like general maintenance of fixing a part and you're not in a hurry, Rockauto is a good way to go. They have replacement parts cheap. Think of them as an Advance Auto Parts or your local parts store, just online. Even after shipping, they are cheaper then the box stores.

Now, if you cross reference some of the parts on there on Amazon plus you have prime, well you can get parts cheaper and shipped 2 days for free

Convertible Crew # 6
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #19
MOAR BOOST

2001 V6
12.81@109

SlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to behold

I do all the time. Sometimes I find deals I can't pass up and end up spending money I don't really have lol.

I browse forums for parts and craigslist daily.
Unfortunately mustang stuff seems to go quick around here, there is nothing good ever on craigslist.

Turbo Build Thread
WTB - Corbeau Harness Bar
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #20
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner

1967 Mustang
2002 Roush 360R

Blue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to behold

I typically have 4-5 tabs open and that normally consists of Ebay, Craigslist, Forum classifieds. I normally don't need anything either just finding parts and thinking if I could use them. Normally look into cars being parting too right now I was looking for the trunk carpeting and found a couple. Just need to make plans to go get it.

67 Coupe
03 Roush: sold
02 Roush 360R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: How often do you "window shop"?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Garage "Shop" finally coming together blkside The Clubhouse 8 March 3rd, 2012 11:21 AM
Michael "The Count" Bisping vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller UFC DEFIANT The Clubhouse 168 December 4th, 2011 11:19 PM
Pictures of "The Shop" JakeM Pictures 18 June 12th, 2010 01:44 PM
PA "check shop" suggestions? GidEup The Clubhouse 3 September 26th, 2009 12:50 AM