Let's talk Seats - Opinions Needed.
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #1
Car-less New Yorker

MTA Ya Bish

NoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to behold

Let's talk Seats - Opinions Needed.

My current leather seats have 120k sat miles in them and are getting pretty worn. I've got two minor tears in the driver seat, and some faded cracks in the passenger seat that aren't too appealing. I'm selling the car next May when I move to New York and this is something I'd definitely like to fix before selling.

Here are my options:

1.) Have my current seats re-upholstered with new Leather because my rear seats are freaking MINT because no one ever sits in them.

2.) Replace the whole interior, front and back with cloth seats out of another 99-04 GT.

3.) Replace the fronts with S197 leather seats.

4.) Buy some racing seats.

Budget is a HUGE constraint and I really would prefer to stay entirely under $400, which practically puts option 1 out of the equation.

Would you guys buy something like this?? For $200, if they were comfortable and supported, FUCK yeah!

1 PAIR Black Cloth + Red Stitching Racing Seats ALL Ford Mustang 1964-2012 | eBay

Also in regards to seats:
Happy Hump-Day
Hump day amazing ass gallery : theCHIVE

You're welcome.

2002 Torch Red Mustang GT- Sold
1998 Saturn SL2 Winter Beater Edition - Sold
2002 Ford F-350 7.3 Diesel - Sold
1990 Jeep Cherokee - Sold
2002 Mustang GT - Mineral Gray - Sold
2007 MazdaSpeed6 - Totaled from a drunkard
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2012, 04:51 AM   #2
Car-less New Yorker

MTA Ya Bish

NoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to behold

Or something like these??

2x JDM Blk PVC Leather & Stitch Reclinable Racing Bucket Seats+Sliders Pair VT12 | eBay

Old July 25th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #3
Southern MD Mustangs

2003 Mustang GT
14.4@98

SoMDWhite03GT has a spectacular aura aboutSoMDWhite03GT has a spectacular aura about

Be sure to check your local craigslist for racing seats too. If you don't have a girl, girls love the seats haha. I plan on picking up some Corbeaus and a harness bar because my passenger seatbelt locked so I planned on ripping that out, putting the harness bar in and some harnesses.
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #4
Full Frontal Nudity

2001 Mustang Bullitt DHG

bullitt1680 is a jewel in the roughbullitt1680 is a jewel in the roughbullitt1680 is a jewel in the rough

Check over on Corral, there are usually a few cars being parted out. If you are selling it I would just try to find some decent OEM replacements.

MM BRONY CLUB
Mostly Gone But Never Forgotten
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #5
MM Fanatic

2004 F-150

ReedsFX4 is just really niceReedsFX4 is just really niceReedsFX4 is just really niceReedsFX4 is just really nice

I wouldn't swap to stock cloth seats, but if you did you should totally drive to MA and do it, mine are mint

A word of caution on ebay seats, you get what you pay for.
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Car-less New Yorker

MTA Ya Bish

Yeah, I've been scanning craigslist a lot lately and all I've found is a really nice set of '01 Cobra fronts for $600...if I went with Cobra or Mach 1 seats though (which I probably couldn't considering my budget constraints) I'd want to do the rears too.

What about those two eBay sets I posted? Any opinions or experience with things like that??

Old July 25th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #7
MM Fanatic

2004 F-150

ReedsFX4 is just really niceReedsFX4 is just really niceReedsFX4 is just really niceReedsFX4 is just really nice

If they come with vehicle specific brackets I'd give them a try, but I've heard some pretty sketchy stories about people buying eBay seats and having them being pretty low quality. Worst thing that happens is you flip them on craigslist and lose a few bucks. Have you thought about selling your seats and buying a set of cobra/mach seats? As long as yours aren't ripped you could probably get $400-500 used for them
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #8
Southern MD Mustangs

2003 Mustang GT
14.4@98

SoMDWhite03GT has a spectacular aura aboutSoMDWhite03GT has a spectacular aura about

Look for Bullit seats too, those are sex!
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #9
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much

Blown 03 GT
11.81@123

03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all

Those seats seem to cheap to be any good.

Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #10
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to ChrisJ Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisJ

01 Bullitt, 03/04 Mach 1 Upholstery along with 03/04 Cobra!
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #11
Harvester of Sorrow

404-car not found

WickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond repute

Found a nice one for you NoCo-

Old July 25th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #12
MM Fanatic

2004 F-150

Thats like 2.5 times his price. Nice looking upholstery though
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post

Old July 25th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #13
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

MustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MustangMatt96GT

I got a set of Kirkey Drag seats mounted on mustang sliders on craigslist haha They will be much more confortable than an EBAY seat I gaurenttee it.

I would stick with OEM seats if I were you.

1996 Mustang GT - Racecar
1995 Mustang GT - Daily Driver
Special Thanks to:
PoorMan Motorsports Full Parts Supply
MIA Motorsports For any Chassis Related Work or Drag Wings

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #14
Fashion Diva :D

PurpleFire! has a spectacular aura aboutPurpleFire! has a spectacular aura aboutPurpleFire! has a spectacular aura about

Last edited by PurpleFire!; July 26th, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #15
Car-less New Yorker

MTA Ya Bish

Originally Posted by ReedsFX4 View Post
If they come with vehicle specific brackets I'd give them a try, but I've heard some pretty sketchy stories about people buying eBay seats and having them being pretty low quality. Worst thing that happens is you flip them on craigslist and lose a few bucks. Have you thought about selling your seats and buying a set of cobra/mach seats? As long as yours aren't ripped you could probably get $400-500 used for them
I'm considering that as an option. The driver's does have two tears though. I probably wouldn't ask more than $300 for the front set.

Originally Posted by SoMDWhite03GT View Post
Look for Bullit seats too, those are sex!
. If I find any I can afford I'd pull the trigger on that for sure.

Originally Posted by 03_StangGuy View Post
Those seats seem to cheap to be any good.
That's my concern. I wish there was a way to see them or test them out first.

Originally Posted by MustangMatt96GT View Post
I got a set of Kirkey Drag seats mounted on mustang sliders on craigslist haha They will be much more confortable than an EBAY seat I gaurenttee it.

I would stick with OEM seats if I were you.
Yeah, I've been watching your seats on Craigslist! Hahaha.

Old July 25th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #16
Official Thread Killer

OhSix Sexxer>OhSeven Sexy
00.00@000.00

RenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud ofRenegadeRukus has much to be proud of

Some GREAT local seats here Corbeau for $100

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13 SR Springs, AirRaid CAI, Flow AT-SS, FRPP Cams
(LTs, Hpipe and ATAKs to follow)
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I wish I had a Big Ole Vagina
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #17
Cum On Me Bro

14 Fiesta ST

sikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud of

Personally I do t recommend the Cobra seats in a DD. The Alcantra isn't the most durable material. It's hard to keep clean and shows its wear more than other seats.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.com App
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #18
eeeee!

2003 Mustang GT

Genevieve! has much to be proud ofGenevieve! has much to be proud ofGenevieve! has much to be proud ofGenevieve! has much to be proud ofGenevieve! has much to be proud ofGenevieve! has much to be proud ofGenevieve! has much to be proud ofGenevieve! has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Genevieve!

just replace the front seats with the same seats out of an identical car, cloth seats with leather rears is weird.. and it would probably be a selling point to have a stock/nice interior. My car has 145k on it and the seats are perfect.. how long have you had your car? next time take better care of your seats! lol
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #19
Regular

Blacksunshine827 is on a distinguished road

I've got 230k miles on my seats in my 02 and I have no tears, rips or cracking. Its all in how you care for them

230000+ miles and still pulling hard
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #20
Cleg Jr.

2001 GT

bluebandit! is a splendid one to beholdbluebandit! is a splendid one to beholdbluebandit! is a splendid one to beholdbluebandit! is a splendid one to beholdbluebandit! is a splendid one to beholdbluebandit! is a splendid one to beholdbluebandit! is a splendid one to beholdbluebandit! is a splendid one to behold

Not sure if ive seen bullitt seats before. Anybody got some pics?

Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
He's one of three smart people in this thread. He may be the smartest because he's making the swap.

408w/C4 swap in process
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Let's talk Seats - Opinions Needed.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wakeboard talk.... need opinions BakerFX4 The Clubhouse 29 July 27th, 2011 09:24 AM
lets talk seats Ryguy33 99 - 04 21 October 12th, 2010 05:32 PM
Help needed ASAP. Search has not helped. Will 90 seats fit and 03? tinkerbell_too 99 - 04 10 September 24th, 2009 10:48 AM
Opinions on seats 8t6gt The Clubhouse 7 August 14th, 2008 11:22 PM