Faith in Humanity
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

2011 Subaru WRX

Hellstorm has a spectacular aura aboutHellstorm has a spectacular aura aboutHellstorm has a spectacular aura about

Faith in Humanity

MM, Just when I have lost almost all faith in humanity I watch a video like this.

Now, I am not the best person in the world. At time I can be a real asshole, but I realize things need to change for the better. Here's my cahllenge to you guys. Share a story of a time you have shown some kindness to another, or someone has given it to you. Thank the person at the drive thru window for doing a good job, give out free hugs, help the elderly across the street, maybe something monetary. It doesn't matter as long as it restores the faith.

Here's one of mine. This was just before Christmas and my wife and I had put gifts for our daughter in layaway at Toy R Us. Not because we needed to make payments, but just to keep them out of the house. The day we needed to take our things out of layaway a lady paid our total on the things we had in there. About $100 worth of gifts. She also did this for 9 other folks that were outstanding on their accounts. We went to pick up our layaway. Now at first I thought "Wow, free stuff! Let's take it and run." Then something washed over me.

There was a lady next to us who was also past due on her layaway, and they were going to cancel it on her. Mind you these are gifts for her children which she couldn't afford. Her balence was around $130 and she simply couldn't pay it. She wanted them just to take it back. Now, I'm not sure about you guys, but I believe no child should go without a Christmas. At this point we decided to pay it forward and paid her layaway off.

This wasn't to make me feel better. I did this for her. The look on her face when a random stranger was showing this kindness to her. It was incredible! She was so happy! Her happiness just lifted everything else off my shoulders. It truly is an awesome feeling when you can make someones day.

If we all did something like this even once a month. Think of what could be possible. It does not have to be monetary, like I said above, even hugging a complete stranger could truly make their day or even their week.

Share your stories! I want to hear them. And let's keep this thread going!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2013, 12:05 AM   #2
MM's V6 Hater

2006 Mustang Gt
8.0@90

Cabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud of

I was going to queef in a elevator but decided it was going to stink so I saved three small children and a cat that was in there with me.
2005 GTO M6. 402ci twin turbo.

Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
Anything is better than a V6. Even an LSx
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:07 AM   #3
ZYZZ Brah

02 GT

Tyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
MM, Just when I have lost almost all faith in humanity I watch a video like this.

And just when you thought you lost all faith in humanity - YouTube

Now, I am not the best person in the world. At time I can be a real asshole, but I realize things need to change for the better. Here's my cahllenge to you guys. Share a story of a time you have shown some kindness to another, or someone has given it to you. Thank the person at the drive thru window for doing a good job, give out free hugs, help the elderly across the street, maybe something monetary. It doesn't matter as long as it restores the faith.

Here's one of mine. This was just before Christmas and my wife and I had put gifts for our daughter in layaway at Toy R Us. Not because we needed to make payments, but just to keep them out of the house. The day we needed to take our things out of layaway a lady paid our total on the things we had in there. About $100 worth of gifts. She also did this for 9 other folks that were outstanding on their accounts. We went to pick up our layaway. Now at first I thought "Wow, free stuff! Let's take it and run." Then something washed over me.

There was a lady next to us who was also past due on her layaway, and they were going to cancel it on her. Mind you these are gifts for her children which she couldn't afford. Her balence was around $130 and she simply couldn't pay it. She wanted them just to take it back. Now, I'm not sure about you guys, but I believe no child should go without a Christmas. At this point we decided to pay it forward and paid her layaway off.

This wasn't to make me feel better. I did this for her. The look on her face when a random stranger was showing this kindness to her. It was incredible! She was so happy! Her happiness just lifted everything else off my shoulders. It truly is an awesome feeling when you can make someones day.

If we all did something like this even once a month. Think of what could be possible. It does not have to be monetary, like I said above, even hugging a complete stranger could truly make their day or even their week.

Share your stories! I want to hear them. And let's keep this thread going!
Nice man!

Old February 1st, 2013, 12:10 AM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

2011 Subaru WRX

Hellstorm has a spectacular aura aboutHellstorm has a spectacular aura aboutHellstorm has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Cabikejumper View Post
I was going to queef in a elevator but decided it was going to stink so I saved three small children and a cat that was in there with me.

Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
Nice man!
Thanks!

Everyone share their stories.
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:25 AM   #5
August '13 ROTM Winner

2004 Mustang GT
I can spin both wheels!

Mach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond reputeMach Stang! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cabikejumper View Post

But seriously. Its actually amazing. The more you pay attention to the world around you, you will still see amazing things like this. While most people are still dicks. You still got those handful of people that will hold open a door for you. Even the small things count for something. But stuff like this, this is where we can see the good in people. Its there, its just that people overlook it and think only for them selves.

Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
Now everybody in the Kroger please
Put your motherfucking milk up and follow me
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:10 AM   #6
Chicken Fucker

2007 V6 Pony Package
15.320@88.74

Greywolf is just really niceGreywolf is just really niceGreywolf is just really niceGreywolf is just really nice

Witnessed one the other day at work.

I was called out to deal with a gentleman who was getting irate. Our hotel requires a deposit, $100, to check in. Usual policy dictates that you cannot use a cash deposit if it's a same day booking. Locig stands that most rooms that sustain damage or end up missing items are those that are walk-in's or cash deposits. The gentleman did not have a CC and was walking in off the streets with no reservation. I made a judgement call and ok'd a cash deposit that one time only. He hit the roof and claimed not to have the money. Now honestly, who comes to Vegas with no cash? About that time the guy next to him looks over, pulls out a $100 bill and puts it on the counter in front of him. Mind=Blown. He told the guy he had it for him and to relax, life's not that bad. I explained to the gentleman that hotel policy is that anyone registered to the room can pick up the deposit, there was no promise he would get the cash back. He looked the guy straight in the eye and said that he either get's the cash back or he knows who not to trust ever again. Part of me wanted to applaud the man and the other half was jaded and felt he was a fool. A well meaning and generous fool, but a fool none the less. We got the guy checked in and everyone involved talked about it all day. Kindness is contagious.

I checked the next morning and the deposit was not refunded to the guy who made it. I'll make no judgement, one hopes he needed that money for a good use and it has helped him out, but to say I'm shocked would be a bold faced lie.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:54 AM   #7
Towelie Rocks

2021 Mustang V15
Quad Turbo with nawz

BWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Witnessed one the other day at work.

I was called out to deal with a gentleman who was getting irate. Our hotel requires a deposit, $100, to check in. Usual policy dictates that you cannot use a cash deposit if it's a same day booking. Locig stands that most rooms that sustain damage or end up missing items are those that are walk-in's or cash deposits. The gentleman did not have a CC and was walking in off the streets with no reservation. I made a judgement call and ok'd a cash deposit that one time only. He hit the roof and claimed not to have the money. Now honestly, who comes to Vegas with no cash? About that time the guy next to him looks over, pulls out a $100 bill and puts it on the counter in front of him. Mind=Blown. He told the guy he had it for him and to relax, life's not that bad. I explained to the gentleman that hotel policy is that anyone registered to the room can pick up the deposit, there was no promise he would get the cash back. He looked the guy straight in the eye and said that he either get's the cash back or he knows who not to trust ever again. Part of me wanted to applaud the man and the other half was jaded and felt he was a fool. A well meaning and generous fool, but a fool none the less. We got the guy checked in and everyone involved talked about it all day. Kindness is contagious.

I checked the next morning and the deposit was not refunded to the guy who made it. I'll make no judgement, one hopes he needed that money for a good use and it has helped him out, but to say I'm shocked would be a bold faced lie.
faith restored.

then taken back away.

'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

2001 Cobra For Sale

Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
I gave my brother crabs.
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:56 PM   #8
Admanistrator

15.10@93.13

v606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to v606er

I have been laughing quite a bit at these videos:

Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM   #9
Hardcore Enthusiast

2011 Subaru WRX

Faith in Humanity

Lets keep it going guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM   #10
JustAslow4.6

98 GT Mustang

Jgib4 has much to be proud ofJgib4 has much to be proud ofJgib4 has much to be proud ofJgib4 has much to be proud ofJgib4 has much to be proud ofJgib4 has much to be proud ofJgib4 has much to be proud ofJgib4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by v606er View Post
I have been laughing quite a bit at these videos:

Cops Get Owned!!! - Epic Pee Prank - YouTube

Epic Spray Paint Prank - On Cops! - YouTube
so are you on any kind of medications bahaha
Laser Red Crew #6

PI Swapped
Topped with OPS1 cams

Mods in Garage
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:44 PM   #11
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.

2000 GT
14.043@99.03

(Kohrs93) has much to be proud of(Kohrs93) has much to be proud of(Kohrs93) has much to be proud of(Kohrs93) has much to be proud of(Kohrs93) has much to be proud of(Kohrs93) has much to be proud of(Kohrs93) has much to be proud of(Kohrs93) has much to be proud of(Kohrs93) has much to be proud of

Re: Faith in Humanity

Last week at work an African fella came in with his vehicle. His complaint was that it had a bad vibration at slow speeds and it went away at higher speeds. I instantly new what it was (broken belt/separation). I pulled the guys car in and lifted it up. Well sure enough, he had a broken belt. Not only that but his other front tire had steel cords showing. He also needed a couple outer tie rod ends and a wheel bearing.

I quoted the guy and it came out to a little under 600 for two front tires, both outer tie rods, a hub, and an alignment. He needed it really bad as both tires were on the verge of blowing out. I gave him the estimate and he told me he just couldn't afford it. He was really nice so I marked down the parts a little bit to see if I could get it in his price range. I got it down to 450ish and gave him the quote again. He still couldn't afford it. I felt really bad but at this point there wasn't much I could do without getting in trouble for changing prices.

He told me he would have the money in a few weeks so I set up an appointment for him. As I was getting all the info entered in the computer, a lady that was sitting in the waiting room came up and asked me if she could pay for it. I was shocked. I told her that was her choice. She kindly agreed and paid for it right then and there as her car was finished and she was getting ready to leave. The man thanked her and gave her a hug with tears in his eyes and she left.

It was truly awesome and inspiring, I had never seen someone do that before. Makes me wish I made enough money to be able to do that

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

BONER CREW EMPLOYEE #3 - RECEIVING DEPARTMENT

[CUMYUM!]
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
i like pee pees i guess too
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:07 PM   #12
Enthusiast

1989 mustang gt
N/A

noser7 can only hope to improve

Re: Faith in Humanity

I have a friend who i had sold a orion hcca in a box for 380. I also sold the same friend my old cherokee. After a while, he owed me 280 and she 300.
Last week i told em to just keep the money because i knew they had a kid on the way. Keep in mind i owe about $2000+ in debt. No biggie.
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:42 PM   #13
Shoulda had a V8

2002 Mustang 3.8
Kessel Run@11.59 Parsecs

ScruffyNerfHerder is on a distinguished road

Wish I could say I've seen these or even been the generous person on one end of it, but the kindest thing I usually see is doors being held or covering a strangers meal or something like that. When I get more into my career, I hope to be making enough to randomly drop a few hundred bucks for someone. It would make my week.
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:49 PM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

2011 Subaru WRX

Faith in Humanity

It doesn't have to monetary. Remember money does not by happiness. Good stories guys keep them coming.

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM   #15
Enthusiast

2005 Mustang GT

bl_rdrgz is on a distinguished road

Not much but,

The other day I was driving to go get some food and there were a couple of guys pushing a car from a turning lane trying to cross the highway. I helped them push the car about. 25 miles until the entrance of the gas station. About that time 2 more guys show up out of no where and help pushing. We finally got it to the pump and they tell me they work live about 30 miles away and their boss had not given them money to fuel up the car. They were driving a cobalt. I had $23 and was starving and needed gas too. I gave them $13 for gas thinking that would surely get them home. Put $10 in gas and starved for the night. Next day was pay day.

BROKE-ASS-COLLEGE-KID CLUB
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM   #16
Enthusiast

2005 Mustang GT

bl_rdrgz is on a distinguished road

.25. Not 25 miles. Lol

BROKE-ASS-COLLEGE-KID CLUB
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:53 AM   #17

97 Mustang GT
15.1@91

V8GTdriver is on a distinguished road

It doesn't have to monetary. Remember money does not by happiness. Good stories guys keep them coming.

I'm sure most everyone's happiest moment didn't involve money. Good thread you started. Touch one person, and they will touch another.

A few weeks ago I was in church. A woman who just got saved, looked down on her luck. I had held on to my offering, so at the end of service, I gave it to her. She was crying and gave me a hug.
Old February 4th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #18
Regular

2008 Mustang GT

blk08gt will become famous soon enoughblk08gt will become famous soon enoughblk08gt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to blk08gt

A few months ago our apartment maintenance guy (who I am pretty good friends with) was telling me how his daughter who live with his ex-wife, his mom and his sister all hit him up for money leaving him without much money so he had to pawn the tools he works with nearly every day to have some money for himself. This guy will give you his last dollar and help you with anything you need. He was telling me he did not have the money to get his tools out of pawn and was not sure what he was going to do. He wasn't telling me this to get me to loan him money he just needed someone to listen to him and he was venting. The next while at work on patrol (I'm a police officer) I stopped at all the pawn shops in our town until I found out where his tools were. Long story short, I paid off the pawn and told the lady to call him and tell him his stuff was ready to pick-up and told her not to tell him who did it. It made me feel good that I was able to help someone out.
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #19
The Stig

2004 GT

LS1-THIS will become famous soon enoughLS1-THIS will become famous soon enough

Last Christmas I was at the mall with my dad and sister. We decided to stop at Caribou and get a coffee. While we were sitting there drinking them a young girl (who I think was a CPA) and a girl in a wheelchair (she had some disorder, probably MS) walked in, ordered and sat down.

My dad noticed it, gave my little sister who was 10 at the time $30 and told her to go buy a gift card and give it to the girl. I'll never forget the look on their faces when my sister gave it to them. In fact, I'm tearing up a little just thinking about it. A little bit truly does go a long way.
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #20
Hardcore Enthusiast

2007 mustang gt/cs
13.4@103.4

butters will become famous soon enough

i dont often carry cash but when i do i usually give it to a homeless vet that hangs out by work.very nice guy he is
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.