How Do You Feel About Pitbulls? - Page 2
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: How do you Feel About Pitbulls?
They are an Awesome Breed. 35 50.72%
Just another type of Dog. 28 40.58%
Ban them and Kill them all. 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:49 PM   #21
Exhaust fume addict

1989 Mustang LX Hatch

TBacon will become famous soon enoughTBacon will become famous soon enough

Honestly my previous thought was it was the owner at fault not the pitbull. Now that I own one I can see how they are labeled 'dangerous'. Mine can be the biggest baby but he also is the most selfish stubborn dog I have ever had. I went from labs to him and with labs you have to get after them once. Once labs know you are mad they won't do it again, they just want to make you happy. With my pit I have to constantly remind him this is my house and he is my dog not the other way around. He bullies my girlfriend because she doesn't have a strong enough will to prove her dominance. I have no real issues with him but I can see how one of these things can go out of control in the wrong hands. Don't get me wrong I love my dog but he takes more work than your average breed to keep his attitude in check.

Originally Posted by azure mach! View Post
That went from majestic speech to surprise buttsex really quickly
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:52 PM   #22
Mustangs optional

Supercharged 99 lumina
7.93 no spray, 200 shot 6.5

8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute

Pitbulls? I hate them

Not because they will snap at anytime what so ever but because I think they are ugly dogs that are just a fad to have. Like baggy jeans in the 90s, pitbulls have become this fad where its "cool" to have one.

Me personally, they are ugly dogs that serve no purpose. But if you want to own one then I dont care. I just dont like them

I prefer these types of dogs.

German short hair.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:54 PM   #23
Mustangs optional

Supercharged 99 lumina

8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TBacon View Post
Honestly my previous thought was it was the owner at fault not the pitbull. Now that I own one I can see how they are labeled 'dangerous'. Mine can be the biggest baby but he also is the most selfish stubborn dog I have ever had. I went from labs to him and with labs you have to get after them once. Once labs know you are mad they won't do it again, they just want to make you happy. With my pit I have to constantly remind him this is my house and he is my dog not the other way around. He bullies my girlfriend because she doesn't have a strong enough will to prove her dominance. I have no real issues with him but I can see how one of these things can go out of control in the wrong hands. Don't get me wrong I love my dog but he takes more work than your average breed to keep his attitude in check.
This is another reason I dont like them. They are too protective. I can protect myself I dont need a dog that will fit to the death for me. Any dog will bark when someone not welcome enters the house and thats protection enough for me. I cant stand how pitbulls are such one owner dogs that unless they are brought up around people it takes them awhile to get used to them and are extremely defensive until they get used to them

And finally, an actual pitbull owner that sees it and doesn't just post pictures of their kids playing on it saying its the greatest and nicest dog in the world.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM   #24
Exhaust fume addict

1989 Mustang LX Hatch

^i had a couple of short hairs when I was a kid 'ranger' and 'Sargent slaughter' or sarg
Damn good dogs

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:57 PM   #25
!oznog.rd

1988 GT VERT (Sold :(
'Cause gonzo's got a... GRRRREAT ASS!

dr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond repute

I almost lost my pinky to a golden retriever.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:25 PM   #26
Exhaust fume addict

1989 Mustang LX Hatch

Tried the peanut butter on your "pinky" trick, eh?

Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:27 PM   #27
!oznog.rd

dr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond reputedr.gonzo! has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, glad I tested it there first...

Otherwise I would have a casserole of nonsense down there.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM   #28
101FNG IS MY MASTER! I LOVE HIM 4EVER!

85 GT, 87 LX

thrasher! is a name known to allthrasher! is a name known to allthrasher! is a name known to allthrasher! is a name known to allthrasher! is a name known to allthrasher! is a name known to all

Here's the reason that most bully breeds get labeled as "bad" because breeders are now breeding for the biggest head or cost color or blood line. They are no longer takin the time out to find a well tempered example of the breed. What can make the fastest buck is all that matters any more. We have a mutt that possibly has Pitt in it, and two pure bred schnauzers. My male schnauzer is OCD due to breeding. I also had a Chorkie that recently passed that was 2 pounds. Obviously size was a factor in her breeding and it caused her to only live four years and die of organ failure. When you breed a strong dog for looks and size and not for temperate you are just asking to create a monster. I personally love the breed. They are amazing dogs that love nothing more than to snuggle their owner if bred and treated right. The problem is they are so loyal they will kill for you and some people use that the wrong way. It's a breeder/owner problem. We created and still create this breed and its out responsibility to make sure we are putting out the best we can but instead we are just tryin to profit. It's sad. Also chihuahuas are more vicious and unpredictable but who is going to report a chihuahua bite? Not many but they will report and put down a pit that was in the same situation every time.

Originally Posted by MeMz View Post
thrashersonmomma09 has proverbs as great as buddha.
Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
lol, i had some random old guy tug on my rear end for me.
Originally Posted by Kohrs93 View Post
You, sir, just got THRASHED!
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:12 PM   #29
Hardcore Enthusiast

1991 Mustang GT

kikcer2 has a spectacular aura aboutkikcer2 has a spectacular aura about

i have a Lab mix (thnakfully thats what humane society put) she is obviously pit/lab mixed. ironically she is sexist idk why but on a leash she has no issue with anyone. it when she is in the home i agree she is protective but thats where me being a responsible dog owner comes in.

but yes females come in my house she crys and submits to them rolling on her back and such. but males come in all her hair goes up and growls and such it is the weirdest thing. she is soooo smart tho, we are talking doing things she knows she shouldnt because she wants let outside. she goes as far as disciplining my cat, by tackling her when she starts scratching the sofa. i wouldnt trade her for anything in the world. thankfully my GF loves her more then i do, would honestly dump my gf even after 4 years if she told me i had to get rid of my dog. tho i really need to work my dog out more...

Mods: Catless H-pipe with Flowmasters
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM   #30
Banned

gravik is a jewel in the roughgravik is a jewel in the roughgravik is a jewel in the roughgravik is a jewel in the rough

Buddy of mine has two that he got as puppies. They're both properly trained and awesome, sweet dogs.

it all depends on how you train and treat it.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:49 PM   #31
Enthusiast

2002 GT

DJNASTYNATE will become famous soon enoughDJNASTYNATE will become famous soon enough

I think they are a really good looking breed. I have alot of friends that have them. I personally have a english bulldog (and probably never will own another breed) but would consider owning one in the future
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #32
!oznog.rd

Most owners usually buy one, put it in a small pen in the back yard to say they have one, put on a wife beater and a sideways hat, and play video games and forget about it. That dog wants to exercise.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:25 PM   #33
Damage Control

Dennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant future

i would never own one. not because of their rep but because of the fact i have not owned enough dogs in my life to properly train one. they are beautiful dogs.

not as beautiful as this but yea

Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can shit a human sized target at 15 feet
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:32 PM   #34
'sup homies

2004 GT
Slow as balls

CAPTAINCHAOS is on a distinguished road

^^ He looks pissed.

Pits have always been scary to me. After being attacked by one that was unleashed at a kennel last summer (long story, dog wasn't provoked, didn't end well for me, trip to the ER and bad infection) I'm not a fan of them. I've been around many other breeds without any issue but this little black pit was bad news. Thank God he was still a pup or I wouldn't be typing this right now. I have four big scars on my left inner thigh, at least he missed the ol' tri-pod.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM   #35
Mustangs optional

Supercharged 99 lumina

I was going to ask for pictures of the scar on your inner thigh but ill just ask DSG to explain to me how your scars on your inner thigh look.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:40 PM   #36
Damage Control

Dennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant futureDennis has a brilliant future

for some reason all dogs like me. my friend has a boxer that she said would take a while to warm up to me sense im male and he has issues with males. i went over there the first time and he jumped in my lap. she was speechless. i dont know why. i will say i have never been afraid of a dog so that may be it sense they can sense fear. only dog that ever tried to attack me was a dalmation (little known fact those dogs are more vicious then pits) and i punched it in the mouth.

Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can shit a human sized target at 15 feet
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:42 PM   #37
Mustangs optional

Supercharged 99 lumina

I have actually heard that about Dalmations too. I heard they have a terrible temper. My old neighbor used to have a breeding pair when I was a kid and my mom would never let me and my sister go near them. Always said Dalmations are mean dogs. But those are the only two I have ever seen in my life. They arent very popular
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM   #38
!oznog.rd

I love boxers. I have never had one attack me and they seem like big kids all the time jumping around. My cousin has a male and female pit that are fixed, but they will attack each other in a heart beat. You have to keep them separated at all times and they wait at the door to get a chance. Once again, my cousin is one of the owners that has them, but he shouldn't.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:22 AM   #39
Regular

1999 Cobra

TCB247 is on a distinguished road

Nothing Wrong with Pits! I have two American Bulldogs and they are the sweetest dogs. Although every time I take them to the park, people always shy away, or they ask me dumb questions like "Are those dogs mean...", "Will that dog attack mine...". I mean really......
Attached Thumbnails
How Do You Feel About Pitbulls?-chop.jpg   How Do You Feel About Pitbulls?-daisy.jpg  
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:35 AM   #40
Hardcore Enthusiast

1991 Mustang GT

kikcer2 has a spectacular aura aboutkikcer2 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
I have actually heard that about Dalmations too. I heard they have a terrible temper. My old neighbor used to have a breeding pair when I was a kid and my mom would never let me and my sister go near them. Always said Dalmations are mean dogs. But those are the only two I have ever seen in my life. They arent very popular
yeah dalmatians are one of those breeds that were very heavily breed for looks so lots and lots of inbreeding to keep them looking how they are, they are known to snap but again they dont look mean enough for the media so it stay hush and i think it deal with their rarity also.

id have to look into it but if i recall correctly that were war dogs at one time also so thats has a good bit to do with it.

@ dennis

i know what you mean im the same way, but i have never owned a "non-aggressive" breed so it might have a lot to do with it. when i was born parents owned a chow, grandmother breed Pomeranians, my last dog with a doberman pinscer and now i have a pit mix. my gf warned me the first time i went over her house that her german Shepard can be mean if it doesnt know you. the dog ran over to me and loved me idk what it is, but i can handle dogs very well. i taught a little puppy of a black lab to sit within 6 hours of handling her when i was volunteering with the human society at an event it felt pretty rewarding.

Mods: Catless H-pipe with Flowmasters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.