Sell '12 V6 for a Mach 1? Your advice?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 28th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #1
Enthusiast

2012 3.7L Mustang

Blink43va has a spectacular aura aboutBlink43va has a spectacular aura aboutBlink43va has a spectacular aura about

Sell '12 V6 for a Mach 1? Your advice?

So ive been going over it in my head...

Im debating selling/trading my car to buy a Mach 1 and a DD. So as to not put too much mileage on the Mach.

I love my car and its a GREAT vehicle.... but i feel i need something more unique. I could really see myself holding on to a Mach MUCH longer than my 6'er. I was thinking of putting more mods into it... but i think that would be better suited on a Mach.

Your oppinions? Advice? My car is already paid for so its just a matter of me selling/trading it. Has 24k miles 90% highway and meticulously cared for.

Decisions decisions....

Thanks!

-Blink

Always Clean Crew
MGW Shifter, Magnaflow Street Catback, Airaid CAI, Bama 91H Tune,
Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks,
Vogtland Springs, BMR Panhard Bar
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

Ryan00GT has a spectacular aura aboutRyan00GT has a spectacular aura aboutRyan00GT has a spectacular aura about

Depends if you want to give up comfort for a New Edge chassis. But I mean with the daily driver anyway the comfort wouldn't be much of an issue. I'd say go for it, totally.
Old April 28th, 2013, 03:36 AM   #3
Fear The Rain... Butt...?

2008 Shelby GT500

Rainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant future

Check out my build thread!
Originally Posted by Fluffy The Rhino View Post
My Mustang is louder than 3 semi trucks. Making love.
Originally Posted by southfour! View Post
Rainbow made him gay?

Wouldn't be the first time.
Old April 28th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #4
MM's V6 Hater

2006 Mustang Gt
8.0@90

Cabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud of

Do anything to get out of a 6
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #5
Mustangs optional

1970 Boss 302

8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute

Id do it in a heart beat. I never understood people say "your going to give up comfort for a new edge". Who says New edges arent comfortable? Sure they are QUITE as comfortable as a 10+. But seriously, its not like your trading it for a Fox or anything. I have a fox and love it, but it definitely isnt the smoothest riding machine. I had a new edge and that thing was pretty comfortable. Your not giving up much on the comfort argument.
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #6
'Murica

2010 Mustang GT

jdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to behold

It's up to you but I would keep your ride. I drove a new six and it wasn't bad. Now, if you were going for a cobra, I'd say yes in a heartbeat
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #7
Mustangs optional

1970 Boss 302

8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute

Mach 1 still has a 32V 4.6 and with the manual it has a forged crank. The only difference is that it isnt supercharged. Id personally take a Mach 1 OVER a Cobra.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

02 Mustang GT convt
27.12 @55

black02 will become famous soon enough

Buy the Mach! Then a nice DD

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #9
Anandavenkatakrishnan

Mustang
Slow Ride. Take It Easy.

dsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud of

Do it

Dark Shadow Gray
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #10
D-M-B, not dumb

2003 Mustang Mach 1

Mach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to beholdMach1dmb! is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Mach 1 still has a 32V 4.6 and with the manual it has a forged crank. The only difference is that it isnt supercharged. Id personally take a Mach 1 OVER a Cobra.
Well the Cobra has a lot more stronger internals than the Mach, which makes it ideal for huge hp. But a lot of people do like the Mach over Cobra. I personally like them equally.

I would do it OP, a Mach would make an awesome weekend car.

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
fuck a willing possum
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
lol seriously.. who the fuck bowls sober and pays for it?
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #11
The Aviator

2014 5.0 400A

solidhadriel is a jewel in the roughsolidhadriel is a jewel in the roughsolidhadriel is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cabikejumper View Post
Do anything to get out of a 6
Dumbest statement award goes to.... Cabikejumper
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #12
Hardcore Enthusiast

Ryan00GT has a spectacular aura aboutRyan00GT has a spectacular aura aboutRyan00GT has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Id do it in a heart beat. I never understood people say "your going to give up comfort for a new edge". Who says New edges arent comfortable? Sure they are QUITE as comfortable as a 10+. But seriously, its not like your trading it for a Fox or anything. I have a fox and love it, but it definitely isnt the smoothest riding machine. I had a new edge and that thing was pretty comfortable. Your not giving up much on the comfort argument.
That's just my opinion. Although the fox and new edge are on the same chassis anyways I believe. I like my new edge's but in my opinion they're not very comfortable, especially compared to an S197. My two cents.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #13
Skirt Chasing Philanderer

Kit Car/Ducati/Explorer
Nike Fast

1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute

I would hang on to the 6er. It's comfortable and reliable... You would be sacrificing both in for the Mach and your DD.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #14
Zip's half naked helper

2014 GT Premium

Marc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant future

I'm not going to say do it or don't. I'll tell you what I went through when I bought my 2001 Bullitt in 2007, when it had 22,000 miles. It had also been sitting in storage for 2 years prvious.

Over the next 3 years, I replaced just about every oil seal on the car, as well as and had some electrical problems due to the car sitting. There were also the suspenssion bushings that were shot (no big deal since most parts were replaced with aftermarket).

Because the car had set up for such a time, I had all of the fluids changed out (oil, trans, rearend, brakes and powewr steering). Depending on the milage and amount of time the car has set up, I would budget something like this in your costs. I would also have any used car checked out comletely before buying it.

Yes, the Mach 1 is a fantastic car. I love the Azure blue (I guess one reason I love my Grabber Blue). But buy carefully. Don't get rid of a great car for one that will end up giving you problems.

October ROTM submission thread!

Old April 28th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #15
Enthusiast

2012 3.7L Mustang

Blink43va has a spectacular aura aboutBlink43va has a spectacular aura aboutBlink43va has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

This is my thinking. The 3.7L is an awesome engine from what I have experienced. Its like no other V6 Stang to date (I would NEVER have bought any of the previous gen V6's). I've driven quite a few Stangs but really like New Edge's.

Yes I may sacrifice creature comforts going down to a New Edge interior and chassis... but honestly its not a huge deal to me. I have a base car and nothing crazy on the interior. I feel like if I don't act soon my V6 wont be worth much in a year or two. Right now I could sell/trade for a decent price. A few $K less than what I bought it for. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, and its been GREAT to me... but I think I'd rather have something with 2 more cylinders, potential collecter's value, and something that isn't your average V6 or V8. Also I love the Azure Blue and Comp Orange colors, though DSG is awesome too....

I'm in no rush to sell, but I believe I may start looking for potential trades from now on. My 6'r is my DD which works great, but I feel like I could get more bang for my buck having a Mach to have fun with and tinker on during the weekends. That's where a cheap DD for my average driving needs comes in.

I also will definitely have any car I am serious in checked out completely. I'm not looking to have to fix anything serious as soon as I got a Mach.

Its a hard decision, I didn't think I'd get to this point with my car, but its been nothing but good to me. I'd hate to see it go, but I think a Mach 1 would fill its role perfectly.

Any other advice to sway me?

Oh and to Carbikejumper: Have you even driven the new V6's? You would be surprised how nice they are honestly...

-Blink

Always Clean Crew
MGW Shifter, Magnaflow Street Catback, Airaid CAI, Bama 91H Tune,
Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks,
Vogtland Springs, BMR Panhard Bar
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #16
Anandavenkatakrishnan

Mustang
Slow Ride. Take It Easy.

dsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud of

Mach 1 pros:

-Exhaust note
-Different powerband (more low end power and more torque in general)
-DSG color
-Looks better, imo

Dark Shadow Gray
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #17
MM Fanatic

2002 true blue GT

kyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of light

comfort is a reltive term. i DD a 78 ford truck, so my mustang feels like a cadillac to me.

ON3 FF turbo kit
E85
Stock drivetrain
386rwhp 458rwtq
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #18
Swelly Life

2004 Mustang v6

RunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud of

yes

20 & Chasing Tail At College
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #19
Anti Mustang. Pro Fox...

1993 Mustang LX 5.0

Carver will become famous soon enoughCarver will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Dumbest statement award goes to.... Cabikejumper
Cabike is right...ANYTHING to get out of a 6.
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #20
I'm cool..

FOR U 2 3NVY is a jewel in the roughFOR U 2 3NVY is a jewel in the roughFOR U 2 3NVY is a jewel in the roughFOR U 2 3NVY is a jewel in the rough

I personally wouldn't do it. The only way I would go back to a new edge would be for an 03/04 Cobra. AND I skipped a nice and clean cobra for the 5.0L. I like everything about the new body's, and see no point in going back. A mach one is more similar to a GT than a cobra. Its basically a 4v GT. Same weak internals and transmission. I used to be all over them, until the 2011's came out.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.