Need LEO advice
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Chicken Fucker

2007 V6 Pony Package
15.320@88.74

Greywolf is a glorious beacon of lightGreywolf is a glorious beacon of lightGreywolf is a glorious beacon of lightGreywolf is a glorious beacon of lightGreywolf is a glorious beacon of light

Need LEO advice

Apparently I'm too nice a guy. Got myself into a weird situation and am looking for advice.

I've had a gentleman named Marcos who has been taking care of my front and back yard for about a year. Nice guy, works his ass off, and is paid pretty well. Around March he came and told me his daughter was getting married up in Utah and he wanted to spend a few weeks up there to help her get things taken care of and what not. His issue was that he lived in a rough neighborhood and was hoping I could store his truck for him until he got back, he was worried it may get stolen. He offered to give me a free month of service if I could help him out. Since he's always done a great job and he was always very pleasant I agreed and we parked his old Chevy truck in my back yard. That was March and it's almost June.

For the past few weeks I've left voicemails but never got an answer. Recently one of his number's has been disconnected and the other number now belongs to a young kid who say's it's a prepaid phone number that he just got so now I have no way of contacting this guy. I've been doing my own landscaping waiting for him to come back but now I've given up and hired a new landscaper but I still have an old, beat up Chevy truck in my back yard. My concern now is that maybe the truck is stolen or something. Can someone run a VIN and check and see if there's anything going on with this thing. Also, how might you recommend I get rid of this thing. I don't really want to park the thing on the side of the road somewhere and leave it but I'm willing to go that route if needed. Just want this thing out of my yard and I'm worried that if it's stolen I could get popped for having a stolen vehicle. What should I do other than never offer to hold onto someone's car for them?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Skirt Chasing Philanderer

Kit Car/Ducati/Explorer
Nike Fast

1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute

I would just call the nonemergency police line and explain it to them so an office can come out and run the VIN. While he's there he can explain the proper way to handle it.

I would probably do this ASAP because if it is stolen and they find it in your backyard on their own it wouldn't look good for you.
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #3
I love to skydive

2005 Mustang GT, 1967 GT

Durr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant future

Subbed as this is interesting.
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #4
One Man Wolf Pack

2006 Mustang GT
13ish....maybe

06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 06RedfireGT

I would recommend calling the local PD nonemergency number and requesting to have an officer call you or come out to your house so you can explain the situation to them and you can get legal advice from someone who knows the state and local laws well.
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #5
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

'94 GT Vert
Haven't Tried A Vagina Yet

98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold98FireyGT! is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to 98FireyGT!

Just call the cops and tell them what's going on.

MM BRONY CLUB
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #6
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 gt

mustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to behold

yep you need to call. explaining that story after it is found, if it is stolen, or hell if he's reported it stolen to collect insurance, would be pretty bad for you. if it is stolen, it's almost certainly a felony to be in possession of it. you would be better off to get it taken care of now instead of waiting until someone finally sees it and the plates/vin get ran.

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #7
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

codycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to behold

Call local PD non-emergency like stated.
Sub'd for results

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Project from Hell, Round 7

My weakness becomes my weapon, and pain my pleasure

Originally Posted by GCubersoldat View Post
I'll buy a Chevy before i go back to MMR.
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #8
Chicken Fucker

2007 V6 Pony Package
15.320@88.74

Greywolf is a glorious beacon of lightGreywolf is a glorious beacon of lightGreywolf is a glorious beacon of lightGreywolf is a glorious beacon of lightGreywolf is a glorious beacon of light

I'll call them when I get off work and let you guys know what's up.
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #9
Enthusiast

Black 94 GT

smilts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to smilts

I'm curious hopefully it aint stolen. Depending on how the police decide to handle that it could be bad.
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #10
╚⊙ ⊙╝

2000 V6 - 1995 GT
2000 Silverado 1500

Goose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant futureGoose! has a brilliant future

if you want to run the vin type in this URL and enter the vin after the = sign in the link

Auto Check Report.
2005 Tahoe LT - DD
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #11
'Murica

2010 Mustang GT

jdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to behold

That's real shady. As others have mentioned, take the side of caution and contact the local authorities.
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #12
Mustangs optional

1970 Boss 302

8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute

Just call the cops and tell them you have 15 pounds of dynamite in your garage. That way they dont take their time to get there.

Once they are there. Tell them it was a joke and then tell them why you really wanted them to come there.
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #13
Chicken Fucker

2007 V6 Pony Package
15.320@88.74

Originally Posted by Boss Trig View Post
Just call the cops and tell them you have 15 pounds of dynamite in your garage. That way they dont take their time to get there.

Once they are there. Tell them it was a joke and then tell them why you really wanted them to come there.
HAHAHA....no. With my luck it is stolen or something and I'd have terrorist charges added to the sentence. I wouldn't last 2 minutes in prison before they raped my ass....
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

2003 mustang gt
13.8@98mph 1.9 60ft

condor123 is just really nicecondor123 is just really nicecondor123 is just really nicecondor123 is just really nice

What a shitty spot to be in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

my lack of mods http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-member-51307/
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #15
Mustangs optional

1970 Boss 302

8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute8t6gt has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think its thats shitty of a spot honestly. I think if you called the police and explained the situation then everything would be just fine. They would probably just send a wrecker in to get the truck and you'd never hear from them again.
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #16
Enthusiast

Black 94 GT

smilts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to smilts

Actually if its stolen he has been in possesion of a stolen vehicle. depending on how the police decided to handle that it could be really shitty.
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #17
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 gt

mustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to behold

FYI i doubt any LEO on here would run the vin for you. that would likely get them in trouble with NCIC.

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #18

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

Just cut out the VIN number and take it to the scrap yard. Get yourself several hundred dollars in scrap value. Ok, don't really do that. Follow the advice above.
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #19
Regular

1995 Mustang V6
Really slow

Mootang is on a distinguished road

Theres websites that you can run a vin # to see if a car is stolen just google it. if you cant figure it out send me the vin # and ill do it.
Old May 26th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #20
Chicken Fucker

2007 V6 Pony Package
15.320@88.74

Next question for the LEO's, do you think they'd charge me if it is stolen? I have no problem handing it over and thought I was just doing the guy a favor but I'd hate to get nailed with a stolen vehicle charge. I have a spotless record, except for a speeding ticket or 2, so they'd take that into consideration as well hopefully.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.