Anderson Silva breaks leg - Page 2
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #21
Regular

2001 Mustang GT

dave2908 is on a distinguished road

Silva thought about retiring before this fight. I think this just made it set in stone. Just hope for a quick recovery.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #22
the U of A

'11 5.0 Brembo M6

paulyboy928 is on a distinguished road

definitely a career ending break for him in my book
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #23
Insomniac

2006, Ford Mustang GT
12.42@113.00

BIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of lightBIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of lightBIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of lightBIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of lightBIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulyboy928 View Post
definitely a career ending break for him in my book
At his age yes, a few years ago it might have been questionable
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #24
I Handle Meat Entirely Way Too Much

2008 Mustang V6

serbiandude has much to be proud ofserbiandude has much to be proud ofserbiandude has much to be proud ofserbiandude has much to be proud ofserbiandude has much to be proud ofserbiandude has much to be proud ofserbiandude has much to be proud ofserbiandude has much to be proud ofserbiandude has much to be proud of

His corner said when he threw the first kick and chris checked it, it cracked apparently
then he threw it even harder

Thats what they reported on post fight show fews mins ago

HANDSOME MEN'S CLUB -FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #25
Regular

2006 Mustang V6
Too Slow =/

Lethal066er will become famous soon enoughLethal066er will become famous soon enough

I couldn't believe it. I was so looking forward to that fight. That guy has pulled off some magical stuff in the octagon but I don't know if he's coming back from that. I hope so though.
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #26
Regular

2001 Mustang GT

dave2908 is on a distinguished road

I like Silva be he got rocked in the first round. Now after this pretty sealed the deal. Definitely a true warrior.
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #27
Enthusiast

Burrito of Death will become famous soon enough

I wonder if anyone told him "break a leg" for good luck?
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #28
Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

SC46 will become famous soon enough

Kind of depressing. I've seen all his fights in the UFC. Huge fan and know he should have easily won both times...weidmans a good fighter but silva is just better. Just the luck of the draw I feel. Sad day for the UFC hey at least uriah hall gets to stay in the UFC! He's a great fighter too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #29
Insomniac

2006, Ford Mustang GT
12.42@113.00

BIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of lightBIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of lightBIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of lightBIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of lightBIGCHRISS197 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SC46 View Post
Kind of depressing. I've seen all his fights in the UFC. Huge fan and know he should have easily won both times...weidmans a good fighter but silva is just better. Just the luck of the draw I feel. Sad day for the UFC hey at least uriah hall gets to stay in the UFC! He's a great fighter too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Silva has been on his way out for awhile now. After the Sonnen fight people realized he wasn't invincible, too bad it was late in his career. Weidmans win in the first fight wasnt luck, he did what he needed to do. In this fight, the head game was as a big of a fight as the actual fight he was in. But regardless Weidman dominated that first round, and if it wasnt a main card title fight any reasonable ref woulda called the fight in the first.
Old December 29th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #30
MM Fanatic

1992 Mustang Gt

foxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud offoxfive has much to be proud of

There is life beyond fighting in the cage for these guys, coaching, running schools, endorsements. I really didn't care for Silva, I feel bad for him though. Every great fighter will eventually get defeated and fall from grace.

Foxfive's 1992 GT Street/Strip Build
Old December 29th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #31
On Probation

2003 mustang v6
11@130

03 cristian will become famous soon enough

Damn I know Silvana could have taken this guy the first time if he wouldnt be so damn cocky. Now he broke his leg yeah he is not in his prime anymore,he'll be retiring...which is sad because a fighter like him is what attracts people to watch ufc. Every now and then we like to watch a skillfull guy like him do work like how he did on Forrest
Old December 29th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #32
Enthusiast

2004 mustang gt

cwebb14 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by EFoxwell View Post
Nothing compares to the Corey Hill injury.

His leg looks like something you would see on a cartoon haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old December 29th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #33
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 mustang gt

00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to 00redgt

you cant win them all.
Old December 29th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #34
It'll be bout tree fiddy

11 GT Premium
8.39 Spinning through 2nd gear in the 1/8

GT350pwns is just really niceGT350pwns is just really niceGT350pwns is just really niceGT350pwns is just really niceGT350pwns is just really nice

Yeah, he's probably done after that one. I'm a huge fan of Silva, but he has gotten a bit cocky in his fights (probably the biggest reason he has started to lose more and more). That sucks though and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Kevin Ware is a bad example, he is a lot younger than Silva. He is a cool dude, though. Chatted with him a bit one night at my apartment building on campus. We were playing pool with a couple of the basketball players. Fun stuff!
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #35
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT
Slow

Mattd76 will become famous soon enough

It's a bad way to see his career possibly end. I would have liked to see the fight not end by injury, Weidman had Silva's number and think he would have most likely won the fight. He was extremely close to finishing in the first round and he would have continued to beat Silva up. A definitive KO would have shut up all the doubters and Silva nut swingers.

Either way Silva is still the greatest of all time at this point but his time has passed. Weidman won all 4 rounds against Silva in the 2 fights, it was no fluke wins. I think Weidman could be the champ for a while, great wrestler, knockout power, incredibly strong, great athlete. I would imagine he will be fighting Belfort next, hopefully the ufc won't have the fight in Brazil where Belfort can abuse his TRT exemption. I know I'm not the only one who is suspicious of the fact that Belfort's resurgence and new physique has only taken place with fights in Brazil which doesn't exactly have the most strict athletic commission.

Old December 29th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #36
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mattd76 View Post
It's a bad way to see his career possibly end. I would have liked to see the fight not end by injury, Weidman had Silva's number and think he would have most likely won the fight. He was extremely close to finishing in the first round and he would have continued to beat Silva up. A definitive KO would have shut up all the doubters and Silva nut swingers.

Either way Silva is still the greatest of all time at this point but his time has passed. Weidman won all 4 rounds against Silva in the 2 fights, it was no fluke wins. I think Weidman could be the champ for a while, great wrestler, knockout power, incredibly strong, great athlete. I would imagine he will be fighting Belfort next, hopefully the ufc won't have the fight in Brazil where Belfort can abuse his TRT exemption. I know I'm not the only one who is suspicious of the fact that Belfort's resurgence and new physique has only taken place with fights in Brazil which doesn't exactly have the most strict athletic commission.
Agreed on all counts. I've really lost my fanness for Silva, he became a douche bag. It was funny at first and than it started costing fights and looking childish. I feel bad for him to go out like that but is it karma?
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #37
Chicken Fucker

2007 V6 Pony Package
15.320@88.74

Greywolf is just really niceGreywolf is just really niceGreywolf is just really niceGreywolf is just really niceGreywolf is just really nice

Originally Posted by cwebb14 View Post
His leg looks like something you would see on a cartoon haha

That's real life Gumby shit right there.

I was talking to some guys at work yesterday about this. I figured if Silva went down again he was done and that was before he went all taffy foot. Time to bow out, sign up for Expendables 4-? and enjoy the fruits of his labors. There will be more stars, UFC isn't going away without him.
Peni are evil, conniving assholes. They do this to us all the damn time. Don't trust it!
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #38
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT
Slow

Mattd76 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
Agreed on all counts. I've really lost my fanness for Silva, he became a douche bag. It was funny at first and than it started costing fights and looking childish. I feel bad for him to go out like that but is it karma?
I never liked Silva because he is cocky and disrespectful. I respected his skill, you can't deny his greatness, just never like him as a person.

Old December 29th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #39
Insomniac

2006, Ford Mustang GT
12.42@113.00

I just think its funny Silva made more money win or lose than Weidman did lol

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Successful surgery, 3-6 month recovery time
Anderson Silva recovering after surgery on broken leg
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #40
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Triple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant futureTriple A has a brilliant future

I wish I would have seen this fight and that Silva didn't break his leg. I'm 100% positive that Silva would have won their first fight had he not been fucking around, but that's what he gets for not taking the fight seriously. It sounds like Weidman really trained for this fight if he took the first round.

My theory for Silva being cocky is because no one in the UFC truly gave him much competition. I know Sonnen did a lot of damage in their first, but it was said that Silva was already injured in that fight. Their second fight confirmed that Silva was better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.