Bought A New Car - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
RLY SRS

Send a message via AIM to ChrisJ Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisJ
Bought A New Car

Came across a deal I couldn't pass up.

Fun little car for sure. Next stop is hard pipes and an ATP turbo upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161024_221530.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	190314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161024_073727.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	190322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161024_073740.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	190330  
Austin, Lemkau77 and 1C2 like this.

Speak From Experience Not From What You Have Heard.
Facebook
Google+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
RLY SRS

Don't mind the caliper covers as they are getting tossed.

Facebook
Google+
post #3 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 10:27 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

She looks good, damn good.

Mustang and a snake, but not a Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
Holy shit. I just assumed it was the porsche, not a fire breathing piece of American badassery.

MM+ Cleavage Club #28

post #4 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
RLY SRS

Love the interior on these cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161023_202751.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	190338  

Facebook
Google+
post #5 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 11:14 AM
Enthusiast

Garage
Another One...Another ONE! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Can you tell I'm excited?

The turbo upgrade is a wonderful idea, also supersixmotorsports sells some upgraded components for the internals, etc of the engine, as does Livernoise.

Running 93 or an E-blend fuel?

As for the caliper covers, I bet you could sell them and make a bit of $$.

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

DD: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile (1.8 60') on 93 octane tune/CAI only. SAE corrected: 369.4/451.4 on E20, full Bolt On
post #6 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
RLY SRS

Running the 93 tune. Also about to test out the livernois 4+ tune.

I plan to see what I can get for them.

I also run a jlt oil separator. Trying to source a stock airbox and downpipes currently as I always keep the stock parts when I mod a car but they didnt come with this one.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Was so hard finding a black sho, with tuxedo interior, non-sunroof, 401a package without PP. Was such a pain in the ass. Had to drive 700 miles to finally get ahold of one.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

I hate canned tunes. I refuse to run meth on a canned tune or e85 for that matter. With the new FP livernois brought out at SEMA there is a chance we can truly see the potential of this engine soon.

Facebook
Google+
post #7 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
Running the 93 tune. Also about to test out the livernois 4+ tune.

I plan to see what I can get for them.

I also run a jlt oil separator. Trying to source a stock airbox and downpipes currently as I always keep the stock parts when I mod a car but they didnt come with this one.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Was so hard finding a black sho, with tuxedo interior, non-sunroof, 401a package without PP. Was such a pain in the ass. Had to drive 700 miles to finally get ahold of one.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

I hate canned tunes. I refuse to run meth on a canned tune or e85 for that matter. With the new FP livernois brought out at SEMA there is a chance we can truly see the potential of this engine soon.
It may be a pain to find the stock parts, seems like most people who are modding SHOs keep the stock parts as well. I have my stock airbox, but am keeping it, and will keep my stock downpipes as well. I also kept my stock mufflers/resonator when I welded in replacement parts.

LME tunes are good I heard, but I really despise how they went away from SCT. I like the unleased tunes a bit more because you can datalog. I run a tune form a forum member on one of the ecoboost forums, who tunes on the side, and does dataloging revisions from the start. I am running an E20 blend with him and it is amazing. The HPFP will be a great option, but also pricey, and still will need a few other things to be able to run full E85 all the time, I believe.

The biggest issue with your option list, is the moonroof-delete. I phrase it that way since almost all the SHOs I have ever seen have one. I ordered my SHO new to my build specifications because of the options I wanted.

How do you like the JLT? the can is smaller than the other options (UPR and RX) and no clean side seperator, but also much cheaper. Not sure which to go with, but will be getting a catch can soon. I just installed my 170 Reische Thermostat recently, and am installing my catless downpipes next week, as well as finishing my A/F gauge install. I also am installing my hotpipes soon.

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

DD: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile (1.8 60') on 93 octane tune/CAI only. SAE corrected: 369.4/451.4 on E20, full Bolt On
post #8 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
RLY SRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
It may be a pain to find the stock parts, seems like most people who are modding SHOs keep the stock parts as well. I have my stock airbox, but am keeping it, and will keep my stock downpipes as well. I also kept my stock mufflers/resonator when I welded in replacement parts.

LME tunes are good I heard, but I really despise how they went away from SCT. I like the unleased tunes a bit more because you can datalog. I run a tune form a forum member on one of the ecoboost forums, who tunes on the side, and does dataloging revisions from the start. I am running an E20 blend with him and it is amazing. The HPFP will be a great option, but also pricey, and still will need a few other things to be able to run full E85 all the time, I believe.

The biggest issue with your option list, is the moonroof-delete. I phrase it that way since almost all the SHOs I have ever seen have one. I ordered my SHO new to my build specifications because of the options I wanted.

How do you like the JLT? the can is smaller than the other options (UPR and RX) and no clean side seperator, but also much cheaper. Not sure which to go with, but will be getting a catch can soon. I just installed my 170 Reische Thermostat recently, and am installing my catless downpipes next week, as well as finishing my A/F gauge install. I also am installing my hotpipes soon.
The reason LMS went away from SCT is because when SCT bought bullydog the EPA laid the smack down due to the diesel owners rolling smoke. SCT instead of just taking the hit gave up their tuners to lower their fines. The tuners then got SLAMMED by the EPA for turning off 02 sensors and etc. Thus tuners now wont turn off the downstreams unless you can find a way for them to risk the $15K fine to do it for you. Hypertech who make the mycal have a loophole that the EPA cant get through so they are left alone. Thats why people who tune with hypertech can maintain business as usual. I have close friends who are SCT tuners and one was actually hit with the EPA fine and it almost killed his business.

I am bullheaded so I searched for a while. Almost ordered a 2016 due to it. I have a SCT xcal4 currently since thats what Unleashed uses but am going to give LMS a try. The JLT is fine and is an easy clean install. I have zero issues with it. I dont see a reason to have it handle the clean side at this time as its a mere bolton car.

Facebook
Google+
post #9 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 12:08 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
The reason LMS went away from SCT is because when SCT bought bullydog the EPA laid the smack down due to the diesel owners rolling smoke. SCT instead of just taking the hit gave up their tuners to lower their fines. The tuners then got SLAMMED by the EPA for turning off 02 sensors and etc. Thus tuners now wont turn off the downstreams unless you can find a way for them to risk the $15K fine to do it for you. Hypertech who make the mycal have a loophole that the EPA cant get through so they are left alone. Thats why people who tune with hypertech can maintain business as usual. I have close friends who are SCT tuners and one was actually hit with the EPA fine and it almost killed his business.

I am bullheaded so I searched for a while. Almost ordered a 2016 due to it. I have a SCT xcal4 currently since thats what Unleashed uses but am going to give LMS a try. The JLT is fine and is an easy clean install. I have zero issues with it. I dont see a reason to have it handle the clean side at this time as its a mere bolton car.
I had no idea... but thats odd, because my BAMA tuned mustang has downstream O2s off, and has for a while, no issues, though I haven't gotten a tune update in forever since its been sitting, and I'll get it dyno tunes when I finally engine swap.

My tuner for the SHO had no issues sending me a tune for the catless DPs either, with downstream O2 off. I think unleashed is the same way.

Thanks for the info on the JLT, may be worth picking one up, its on the backburner right now, but once I see the inside of the charge piping I'll finalize my decision.

post #10 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
RLY SRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
I had no idea... but thats odd, because my BAMA tuned mustang has downstream O2s off, and has for a while, no issues, though I haven't gotten a tune update in forever since its been sitting, and I'll get it dyno tunes when I finally engine swap.

My tuner for the SHO had no issues sending me a tune for the catless DPs either, with downstream O2 off. I think unleashed is the same way.

Thanks for the info on the JLT, may be worth picking one up, its on the backburner right now, but once I see the inside of the charge piping I'll finalize my decision.
Trust me Torrie (Unleashed) wont do it. I bought the tuner with telling him what I wanted. He was cool with it. Then when the tune came to me the rear 02 were on. He refuses to turn the downstream 02's off and only cites things said by the EPA. Thus why I am looking to move away from him and his tunes as he has been a real jackass about it all. Even after I asked for an off-road for track use only tune he said nope.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

I have had this car for like 2 or 3 months now but just now got around to posting. I have looked into pretty much all the tuners. Unleashed, BCB, ISS, LMS and some forum tuners as well and its been a shit show thus far. Has cost me a fair good bit of money as well to learn that the sho community is full of alot of asshats.

Facebook
Google+
post #11 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 12:25 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Trust me Torrie (Unleashed) wont do it. I bought the tuner with telling him what I wanted. He was cool with it. Then when the tune came to me the rear 02 were on. He refuses to turn the downstream 02's off and only cites things said by the EPA. Thus why I am looking to move away from him and his tunes as he has been a real jackass about it all. Even after I asked for an off-road for track use only tune he said nope.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

I have had this car for like 2 or 3 months now but just now got around to posting. I have looked into pretty much all the tuners. Unleashed, BCB, ISS, LMS and some forum tuners as well and its been a shit show thus far. Has cost me a fair good bit of money as well to learn that the sho community is full of alot of asshats.
Well, that is definitely disappointing. IDK who all you have talked to forum wise, but if you want to PM me, I can point you to the guy that does my tunes. He had no issues with sending a tune for catless pipes.

I don't see how any tuner could get in trouble at this point, with the SCT disclaimer everytime you load a tune, that is not legal for street use, etc. etc.

I know I have seen good results on tunes from the guy that does my tunes, as well as Unleashed, LME, and BCB. But as always things change/your experience may vary.

post #12 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
RLY SRS

The mycal is already on the way so I am gonna give LMS a shot at it and see how I like them.

Facebook
Google+
post #13 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 12:34 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
The mycal is already on the way so I am gonna give LMS a shot at it and see how I like them.
Sounds like a plan, let me know how you like it/if you change your mind. I'm also on Ecoboost Performance Forum

If for whatever reason you need/want another option, just let me know. I got my first few revisions before paying to make sure he was doing what I wanted, and he seems to do that with everyone. After I knew I was satisfied, I payed his price, and have been getting revisions since.

post #14 of 37 Old December 21st, 2016, 02:48 PM
SPECIAL TEAM FORCE

badass car
Austin likes this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

instagram
post #15 of 37 Old December 22nd, 2016, 01:41 AM
Regular

Wait till you get one it in the snow. I have the SEL with leather, nav and AWD. Theres something about throwing around a large AWD car in the snow that just feels right.
post #16 of 37 Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:27 AM
1C2
Regular

I rarely see any SHO's. I've only seen the newer ones a few times. Good to see some fellow owners, even though yours is more than 2 decades newer haha.

91 GMC Syclone
95 Taurus SHO mtx
99 Mustang GT
post #17 of 37 Old December 23rd, 2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
RLY SRS

Car is definitely a ton of fun. Sure makes alot of sports cars butthurt

Facebook
Google+
post #18 of 37 Old December 24th, 2016, 05:47 PM
MM's Anti-Hardparker

MM Cobra Club #24

post #19 of 37 Old December 24th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Car is definitely a ton of fun. Sure makes alot of sports cars butthurt
You got that right. Just took mine on a trip to my parents 1k miles one way, lots of hurt feelings from people that don't know how to drive etc. And 22 mpg @ 80 mph and with E20 in the tank.

post #20 of 37 Old December 29th, 2016, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
RLY SRS

I bought another tuner lol. MyCal came in the other day but haven't had a chance to play with it. Probably contact AJP soon to test his tunes out as well

Facebook
Google+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page