Any uh...Tea Drinkers? - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 90 Old December 27th, 2016, 09:04 PM
PSN alphadong11

I have had hot tea with lemon and honey for sore throats. Lemon in iced tea is geeww. Already watered down from ice the lemon kind of ruins it.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Then we all threw a lemon party.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 90 Old December 27th, 2016, 09:29 PM
mastrb8n & modr8n

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
I'm surprised that I'm about to be 29 and yet to have one.

The way I make my sweet tea though, it comes out to be about half the sugar content of coca-cola.

Also, if you ever serve me lemon in my sweet tea, I will rip out your spine and beat you with it. I hate when I go out to eat somewhere, order a sweet tea, and it tastes like the lemon god took a shit in it. Fucking nasty as fuck, how do people drink that shit? If I wanted lemon, I'd just ordered lemonade. Keep lemons out of my tea.
bruh. i specifically ask for lemon in my tea when i order it. if they forget it, it ruins my day and makes me want to go home and fucking put on eyeliner and listen to my chemical romance

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

instagram
post #23 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Once I figure out the magical tea and where to get it, I'll let you guys know incase you want to try it.

Here's some info on "tea highs":

Quote:
The big 3 psychoactive compounds in tea are Caffeine, L-Theanine and GABA. Caffeine (in a fixed state) gives you a sustained energy boost and mental awakening. L-Theanine crosses the blood-brain barrier and effects dopamine receptors to make you feel more relaxed and improve mood and creative thought by stimulating alpha brain wave activity.
https://teatipsy.com/2014/07/28/tea-...g-high-on-tea/

I definitely felt that after drinking this cup...lol.....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-12-27-21-44-07.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	190442  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?

post #24 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 01:12 AM
PSN alphadong11

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Once I figure out the magical tea and where to get it, I'll let you guys know incase you want to try it.

Here's some info on "tea highs":

https://teatipsy.com/2014/07/28/tea-...g-high-on-tea/

I definitely felt that after drinking this cup...lol.....

Breaking News: Feds seek new classification schedule on herbal tea's in lue of lax marijuana laws

Quote:
post #25 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Powered by LSx tears

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle

I like good ol iced tea, and none of that shit that tastes like humming bird nectar, sugared down shit either. If you like tea, why kill it with sugar? That shit is nasty. If I wanted syrup, I'd drink syrup. And none of this east coast, west coast trendy fu fu tea either. Just plain 'ol unsweet iced tea.
solidhadriel and Lemkau77 like this.

I tell the truth. Deal with it.
post #26 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 08:07 AM
mastrb8n & modr8n

yeah, most people ruin tea by adding wayyy too much sugar. barely sweetened is the best, but since nobody can get that right i usually order unsweet
solidhadriel likes this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

instagram
post #27 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 09:01 AM
PSN alphadong11

Quick trip does that. Every time I get tea there I will get 1/3 sweet, and taste it. Usually have top top it off with unsweet tea.

Quote:
post #28 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
The Aviator

I've started drinking sweet tea less and less because most places can't seem to get it right. And unsweeted tea is more refreshing on those hot summer days.
BWAL likes this.

Quote:
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #29 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 09:55 AM
RAT FINK

I drink iced tea all day, every day. In fact I get mocked for it constantly and I don't care. I loved iced tea.

I don't like super sweet tea either- I don't know how people drink that crap. I like it just barely sweetened. Most of what I drink is tea I make at home, and I sweeten it with sweet & low (cue someone telling me it's going to kill me).

I use Lipton regular tea bags (orange pekoe & pekoe cut black). Not a big fan of green tea and I really hate black tea.
solidhadriel likes this.

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & o/r H, Magnaflow resonators, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD
post #30 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Jimmy Tango

Quote:
At work I always carry "supermarket" tea at my desk, to drink in the morning.

I'm talking your normal, everyday, green tea in tea bags kind of deal. I have a new boss at work, and he noticed I am a tea drinker and we talked for a bit about how I drink anything from Green to Jasmine, White, etc. Anyway, he tells me he prefers the loose leaf tea, and says he'll bring me some to try.

So he proceed to bring me my own package of fresh tea with a bunch of chinese/japanese writing on it. I can't read any of it. Being the kind of person I am, eager to try this new tea, I proceed to dump a lot of leaves in my cup. If I could read the chinese writing, it would probably tell me I am about to overdose on tea.

About, 30 minutes later, sitting in a meeting, still drinking my extremely strong/bitter tea, I start feeling high. Literally. I just got high at work. On green tea.

Apparently, it is possible with good tea leaves, and it's a "healthy" high. I am sitting here typing this, shopping for freshly imported green tea, and I'm on my 3rd cup. LOL.

Anyone else experience this and/or familiar with shopping for actual fresh/high quality tea? After trying this tea, I don't think I can go back to the typical supermarket tea.

And just for clarification, I am literally talking about tea here. (Not trying to imply mj or something else.)
This would explain all the tea snob foreign coworkers. They get really nuts about the stuff. They drink green or black tea all day, e'ry day. Some even do the Chinese tradition of never washing your tea mug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
My mom makes the best sweet tea, like literally the best, I would put money on it. Damn good tea!
'Murica.

All this talk about tea. THROW THAT SHIT IN THE HARBOR. DRINK COFFEE LIKE REAL PATRIOTS.

solidhadriel likes this.
post #31 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Back on the subject of sweet tea, does anyone sweeten their tea with honey instead of sugar or artificial flavoring? I keep a large bottle of honey at my desk at work. I first started doing it when I was getting sore throats (tonsillitis), and now I do it just because I like the extra dimension the honey adds. I don't ever put artificial sweetener in my tea. It just tastes weird.

Quote:
post #32 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Bo Baustin

Well I should have waited.

I ordered some from Amazon before you replied.

Maybe I'll feed it to the cat and see what it does before I try it.
BWAL and Imaginary Enemy like this.
post #33 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Well I should have waited.

I ordered some from Amazon before you replied.

Maybe I'll feed it to the cat and see what it does before I try it.
Which one did you order??

Quote:
post #34 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Bo Baustin

Quote:
Which one did you order??
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's probably bunk ass shit.

I figured even if it didn't get me high it might taste decent.
post #35 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Quote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's probably bunk ass shit.

I figured even if it didn't get me high it might taste decent.
I think you'll be ok. They are selling on Amazon...and the description says nothing has been added to the tea. Not that that means much, but its a start. I notice that same seller is selling this tea:

https://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-Fines...ords=Tan+Cuong

Notice the packaging. It's a bit different (sealed, and air tight, and a bit more pricey.) I wonder how yours is packaged. But definitely let me know how you like your tea. I think I got a bit high because I didn't measure and put way too much green tea in my cup lol. Aside from that, the tea tastes pretty good.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

I might take my chances ordering some from Trung Nguyen Online: Vietnamese Tea

Quote:
post #36 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Bo Baustin

Ask your boss if he will order a few crates and I'll give you money to send me some.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Did you get some of the fuck long classic green tea?
post #37 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Quote:
Ask your boss if he will order a few crates and I'll give you money to send me some.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Did you get some of the fuck long classic green tea?
He orders in bulk and freezes them for the year in an outside storage freezer. I already talked to him but I don't want to rely on him for tea lol.

Yeah that's the one I'm going to order when I finish off the tea he gave me, unless I find a better supplier or decide to try Japanese tea. I've been reading about the different varieties, and the sources. One thing I've learned is to pretty much stay away from Chinese tea unless you know exactly the source and region, due to the toxicity levels. Green tea plants tend to absorb everything from their environment.

Quote:
post #38 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 01:40 PM
mastrb8n & modr8n

Quote:
Back on the subject of sweet tea, does anyone sweeten their tea with honey instead of sugar or artificial flavoring? I keep a large bottle of honey at my desk at work. I first started doing it when I was getting sore throats (tonsillitis), and now I do it just because I like the extra dimension the honey adds. I don't ever put artificial sweetener in my tea. It just tastes weird.
what kind of honey? if you're using store bought, PM me your address and i'll hook you up with some legit local raised pure honey
solidhadriel likes this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

instagram
post #39 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Bo Baustin

Youre supposed to eat honey from your region, I guess it helps with allergies. I have a few bottles from the local farmers market, it's good stuff.
post #40 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 01:43 PM
mastrb8n & modr8n

Quote:
Youre supposed to eat honey from your region, I guess it helps with allergies. I have a few bottles from the local farmers market, it's good stuff.
oh weird, i've never heard that

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

instagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page