Any uh...Tea Drinkers? - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

I don't know, it's from Aldis lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 02:03 PM
SPECIAL TEAM FORCE

alright, if you're drinking this high quality tea, you need some high quality honey. there are 23 reasons local is better than store bought and number 16 will shock you!

@Austin will it kill him if i send him honey?

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

instagram
post #43 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 02:30 PM
RAT FINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Back on the subject of sweet tea, does anyone sweeten their tea with honey instead of sugar or artificial flavoring? I keep a large bottle of honey at my desk at work. I first started doing it when I was getting sore throats (tonsillitis), and now I do it just because I like the extra dimension the honey adds. I don't ever put artificial sweetener in my tea. It just tastes weird.
I've used honey in hot tea, but never in iced tea.

Anyway, MOST artificial sweeteners have kind of a weird taste to them (splenda especially), but sweet & low really doesn't as far as I can tell. I just like to try to keep a limit on the amount of sugared beverages I drink, and since I drink shit ton of tea, I figure better to use sweetener there.

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & o/r H, Magnaflow resonators, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD

post #44 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Bo Baustin

@BWAL

It probably won't kill him but if you put a bit of cyanide in there it might.
BWAL and solidhadriel like this.
post #45 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 02:52 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

What about this one? It's expensive as balls so maybe it's good

Vietcotra High Quality Green Tea

My gf puts a shit ton of sugar in our tea and I don't see how she can drink it. I add water to it if I drink it, but I've got a couple packs of different celestial brand tea. Usually drink it hot with honey or stevia.

post #46 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Bo Baustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Enemy View Post
What about this one? It's expensive as balls so maybe it's good

Vietcotra High Quality Green Tea

My gf puts a shit ton of sugar in our tea and I don't see how she can drink it. I add water to it if I drink it, but I've got a couple packs of different celestial brand tea. Usually drink it hot with honey or stevia.
That doesn't appear to ship to the states.
post #47 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 03:10 PM

That's lame. "Buy online with US Dollars and have it shipped to Hanoi City!"

post #48 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Bubba are you now the resident honey man?

Adding a few sources (for future reference) to the list of places to buy tea:

1) Upton Tea (High marks on /r/tea) https://secure.uptontea.com/store/home.asp
(They have Vietnam tea that I want to try)

2) For Japanese Quality Tea JAPANESE GREEN TEA | HIBIKI-AN
(Will have to try some premium japanese tea to compare. Straight from Japan)

3) Adiago Buy Loose Leaf Tea Online | Free shipping over $25
(All sorts of tea here!)

4) What-Cha: Tea Redefined | Premium Loose Leaf Tea Retailer
More Vietnam tea selection here among others

I think that's enough to get me started, and they are from trusted sources on the interwebs....

Quote:
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #49 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunt View Post
I've used honey in hot tea, but never in iced tea.

Anyway, MOST artificial sweeteners have kind of a weird taste to them (splenda especially), but sweet & low really doesn't as far as I can tell. I just like to try to keep a limit on the amount of sugared beverages I drink, and since I drink shit ton of tea, I figure better to use sweetener there.
I can't handle artificial sweeteners. I'm not sure what it is about them, but I have a bad reaction to most of them. I was about 10 when my dad was diagnosed with diabetes. My mom started buying diet cokes and making tea with splenda. I immediately started having pretty severe stomach and digestion problems with diarrhea and bad migraines. Our Dr said it was probably just a bug that's going around and sent me home. I went to drinking only water and the symptoms cleared up over a couple days. When I started feeling better, I went back to drinking the tea and diet cokes and the symptoms came roaring back even worse. My dad made the connection and asked the Dr test for allergies which came back positive for aspartame and many other artificial sweeteners to include sucralose (Splenda) and saccharin (sweet n low). Even today, 20 years later, if I drink a can of diet coke, I will have a bad headache and stomach aching for several hours.

'06 MX-5 - daily driver
'66 Mustang - New project!
post #50 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 05:05 PM

On Adiago's website it says free shipping on orders over $49, not $25. Standard shipping is only $3.75, though.

post #51 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Why not have a Fox?

All these haters and picky people on sweet tea. I'm not picky. I drink tea. Sweat, unsweet, partial sweet, hot, cold, black, white, green... I just like tea.

My go-to is Lipton black sun tea, brewed fresh on my deck in the sun. Really motivates me to throw my wrenches down and take a break.

Clueless College Kids Slow Budget Fox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.
post #52 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 09:09 PM
PSN alphadong11

I brew mine in the moon light. And don't come at me with cloudy ice cubes or you're a dead motherfucker.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
post #53 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Bandit View Post
All these haters and picky people on sweet tea. I'm not picky. I drink tea. Sweat, unsweet, partial sweet, hot, cold, black, white, green... I just like tea.

My go-to is Lipton black sun tea, brewed fresh on my deck in the sun. Really motivates me to throw my wrenches down and take a break.
Try brewing that same tea with some fresh stuff from one of my above links. You might end up building a car from nuts and bolts after drinking a glass lol
93Bandit likes this.

Quote:
post #54 of 90 Old December 28th, 2016, 09:26 PM