i thought my car was having alternator issues, but I installed a alternator I had as a spare that I know was good and the same thing happened. I drove the car home after hanging with a friend on thursday night. I go to start the car friday morning and its dead. After I get back home from work I grab my battery charger and put it on 200amp quick start thinkin the mustang would need just alittle bump but the starter just clicked. I decided to let the car sit for a few hours on 35 amp charge and when I went out to start the car again still just clicking from the starter.
The last time this was the same exact symptoms and when I installed a new battery everything was good. The last battery lasted for two weeks or so. I have a feeling something on the car is causing the battery's to get bad cells and making them useless.
I've looked around on here alot and saw that it could be the GEM module but idk, I've never dealt with a problem like this.
Anyone got any advice because this is driving me insane .
I completely forgot about this thread so i thought i would update my findings. I thought i had checked all my wiring to everything, but apparently I hadn't. When my brother owned the car he replaced the battery terminal with brass ones that have places for multiple wires and use allen wrenches to tighten the wires down. He replaced the factory ones because they were broke and overtime apparently got alittle corrosion inside the main power wire to the battery, I thought I had cleaned all the corrosion out of them but i missed some. This little amount of corrosion was causing a bad connection from my battery to my aternator.
I re-cleaned the terminals and wires going into the terminals and haven't had a problem since. looking back I feel so stupid for not doing a better job of cleaning everything, but we all learn from out mistakes.