Look What The UPS Guy Dropped Off
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Car Care & Detailing

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 25th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough

Look What The UPS Guy Dropped Off

Cant wait till I get a chance to actually use them, but sadly I have to wait till next week

I also have CG Silk Shine Dressing + CG New Car Scent Air Freshener coming thursday

Detailing Crew Member

North Carolina Modded Mustangs #5
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Cones = Yummy!

YELLOW! 2001 GT VERT

YeloPony is a jewel in the roughYeloPony is a jewel in the roughYeloPony is a jewel in the roughYeloPony is a jewel in the rough

Nice.. now get to work :LOL

I still haven't gotten around to doing my truck... And I got my stuff a while ago..

Zombie Killing Club | MM Cleavage Club #7

Specs and Pics in the garage...
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Admanistrator

15.10@93.13

v606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to v606er

Meguiar's Meat Glazer is a good choice for when you just really need to glaze some meat.

Congratulations.

Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Cones = Yummy!

YELLOW! 2001 GT VERT

YeloPony is a jewel in the roughYeloPony is a jewel in the roughYeloPony is a jewel in the roughYeloPony is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by v606er View Post
Meguiar's Meat Glazer is a good choice for when you just really need to glaze some meat.

Congratulations.

Zombie Killing Club | MM Cleavage Club #7

Specs and Pics in the garage...
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #5
Wax on, Wax off

2003 Mustang V6
16.8@83.3

Zatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Zatrekaz

Nice man, I use the same trio. let me know if you need any tips. 105 has a steep learning curve. Both 105 and 205 have very short working times... Both only take about 1-2 mins working time before you buff it off depending on your section size.

I myself and still learning a good technique with 105, as it dries so quickly.

I am guessing your gonna go with 105/yellow 205/orange PO 85RD/white? I really would not go with a yellow on 105 unless you have major swirling. 105/orange normally removes almost everything except the most stubborn swirls/scratchs. I had to do 2-3 passes on my hood with 105/yellow to remove swirls made by a rotary... so it was sever.

2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
2006 Lexus 250 IS

Last edited by Zatrekaz; May 25th, 2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough

I think Im gonna hit the hood/roof/trunk with the 105/yellow and then hit the rest of the car with 105/orange. But I need to invest in some craftsman work lights. I decided to go with the this combo because of the results you got.

Also I take it I work at the same speeds for all the polishes as I did with the XMT line? And what kind of glaze did you use because I like the CG EZ~Creme Glaze but I'm not seeing the results I would like from it. But it smells great

Detailing Crew Member

Old May 25th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

Originally Posted by YeloPony View Post
Nice.. now get to work :LOL

I still haven't gotten around to doing my truck... And I got my stuff a while ago..
Have you invested in a PC yet sir?

Detailing Crew Member

Old May 26th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #8
Wax on, Wax off

2003 Mustang V6
16.8@83.3

Zatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant future

^ Burn

That sounds like a good plan. Thoese three areas are the most abused spots for water spots and such. As for a glaze... if you polish correctly you dont really need a glaze. The Menzerna/gray pad will act as your glaze. Using it with a gray pad provides no cut. Its debatable weather it is worth the time/money since your not really correcrting anything, but it is suppose to help with the overall apperance.

Do not spread the 105 out like the XMT stuff, as it dries very fast. Simply spread it a tad bit and start on speed 6 right off the bat. Instead of following the 3'x3' rules I simply break the body panel up case by car. For examble I split the doors up by 4 sections and the hood by 6 sections (2 on each of the sides, one in front of the scoop, and one for the scoop).

You should be able to make about 4-5 passes with 105 before it start drying. If you feel you need more working time, spritz it with some water and do about 2-3 more passes, buff it off, and inspect. If it still have issues, hit it again. If you have issues removing it, spritz some IPA on it and buff it off.

2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
2006 Lexus 250 IS
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:14 AM   #9
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

Alright thanks man. I just I might throw some glaze on the roof and see if I can tell any difference, if I cannot then I wont worry about it at all. I am hoping to start Monday, if I have work off. Thanks for the help Zat.

Detailing Crew Member

Old May 27th, 2010, 12:52 AM   #10
Wax on, Wax off

2003 Mustang V6
16.8@83.3

NP man... TBH the glaze will not harm anything, so why not? When time is a constraint or you are charging someone hourly then its not really worth the time. However if time is not a factor, why not? I think when I do a one step before my car show I will throw my Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze on the car to cover anything I might have missed.

Also, you need to invest in some more pads. You always want atleast two of each pad at a min. For larger vehicles more of course. I usally can cover one side of the car with one pad if I clean it 1/2 way through. You never want to polish with a caked up pad. It would not be harmful to clean it with water and dry it after every panel to be safe.

2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
2006 Lexus 250 IS

Last edited by Zatrekaz; May 27th, 2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

I have 2 other orange pads and a white pad from my previous purchase. So in total I have 2-yellow 3-orange 2-white 1-gray 1-blue. Plan on buying a lot more whenever I get my wheels.

Time right now is not an issue, it is just trying to find the time. I would like to take the time to really work on the car. I still have A LOT of water etching on the car but it can only be seen in direct sunlight. I might hit the front bumper with menzerna and a white pad as well.

Detailing Crew Member

Old May 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Wax on, Wax off

2003 Mustang V6
16.8@83.3

105 - Orange/Yellow
205 - orange/white
Menzerna - white/gray

I personally did 105/oragne 205/white menzerna/gray

2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
2006 Lexus 250 IS
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #13
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

Alright cool man, thank you. I'll post up the results, whenever I get the chance.

Detailing Crew Member

Old May 27th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #14
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Polishing How To with Meguiar’s M105 / M205 – Detailed Image

Check out this article Todd shows you how he applies the KBM method when using M105 and M205. He is one of the top ten professional detailers in all of the U.S. once you read his articles you will see why. I will be following the KBM when I finally get to doing my stang, as for me using my PO85RD ill be using the gray 5.5 inch pad. Just thought you might be interested in the article.

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,

Last edited by dannyboy281; May 27th, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #15
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

Thanks danny I'll be sure to read up on it

Detailing Crew Member

Old May 28th, 2010, 01:18 AM   #16
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 00BlueMustang View Post
Thanks danny I'll be sure to read up on it

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Look What The UPS Guy Dropped Off
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Look What UPS Dropped Off tango7 Pictures 12 February 6th, 2010 01:03 AM
Look what the UPS guy dropped off... Zatrekaz Audio/Video 20 January 31st, 2010 09:35 PM
UPS dropped off some goodies today xtremes10 The Clubhouse 6 May 28th, 2009 05:13 PM
Ups man dropped off new goodies. jivepepper 99 - 04 16 February 28th, 2008 01:27 AM
Oh Yeah Ups Dropped Off.... ESG-642T The Clubhouse 10 March 23rd, 2007 11:20 AM