Huge newb at detailing. - Page 2
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Car Care & Detailing

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:49 PM   #21
Wax on, Wax off

2003 Mustang V6
16.8@83.3

Zatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Zatrekaz

Originally Posted by mikejones16 View Post
Ok this is my list so far. Can i get these items locally? And in this exact order is how i should apply them?

Claybar(not sure what kind yet)

Meg's Smooth Surface kit from Autozone/Advances/Walmart is fine for your normal detail. Its cheapest at Walmart

meguiars ultra-cut compound m105
meguires ultra finishing polish m205

See above post

poorboys world black hole

Cheap, easy to use glaze. Don't know of any retailers that carry it.

blackfire wet diamond with polycharger

The best sealant EVA! Dont know if any place to buy it other than Detailed Image.

poorboys world natty's blue paste
Good choice on a wax. I honestly don't top BF Wet Diamond with a wax since it last about 4 months and shines like crazy by itself. I am going to buy their carnuba wax eventually tho. $60 for a 8oz jar tho.

2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
2006 Lexus 250 IS
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:29 PM   #22
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT
13.7@103

MikeJones is just really niceMikeJones is just really niceMikeJones is just really niceMikeJones is just really niceMikeJones is just really nice

I think thats it I'll post pics after_Thanks men.
Thanks to NA SVT and NeverEnough

Old June 3rd, 2010, 03:55 AM   #23
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Polishing How To with Meguiar’s M105 / M205 – Detailed Image

read this article it will help you decide if you want to attempt using M105 / M205 if not go with like Adams polishes are a good start up line MP loves it and have a great site with how to videos also we get a discount for him being a vendor. The method used on the article is the Kevin Brown Method (KBM) using the PC7424XP not the rotary thats for pros.

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:12 PM   #24
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT
13.7@103

MikeJones is just really niceMikeJones is just really niceMikeJones is just really niceMikeJones is just really niceMikeJones is just really nice

thanks, that shit is helpful

Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:21 PM   #25

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

no problem man let us know what you decide to do.

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old June 4th, 2010, 01:41 AM   #26
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT
13.7@103

Alright I just orderd in everything and will have it here by next friday so the 11th?

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:44 AM   #27

2001 Mustang GT
If you're not first you're last

Pittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pittbull

Just picked up some Mothers Chrome Polish for my saleens (whenever the fuck I get em). That won't hurt chrome will it?

Also a newb at detailing ha

Stock Rear Springs FOR SALE! PM Me
Stock 99-04 GT Exhaust Manifolds FOR SALE! PM Me
Old June 4th, 2010, 02:20 AM   #28
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough

Alright I just orderd in everything and will have it here by next friday so the 11th?
What did you buy sir

Originally Posted by Pittbull View Post
Just picked up some Mothers Chrome Polish for my saleens (whenever the fuck I get em). That won't hurt chrome will it?

Also a newb at detailing ha
Generally you shouldnt need that. Look into getting some wheel wax and some wheel wash

Detailing Crew Member

North Carolina Modded Mustangs #5
Old June 4th, 2010, 02:23 AM   #29
Wax on, Wax off

2003 Mustang V6
16.8@83.3

Zatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant future

Should of run it by us before you ordered it. I bet you theres some things your either missed or don't need. Detailing is not something you can learn about in a day or two and make a complete order

Give us a list of what you got. I never heard you mention Microfiber either... important part. What polisher did you get? What pads? polishes, compound, pad cleaner, microfiber cleaner, wax, ect...

2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
2006 Lexus 250 IS
Old June 4th, 2010, 02:32 AM   #30

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

Yeah man that was really fast you should have ran everything by us so we could have helped you with your purchase. I searched everything and read up about products and articles for weeks before I made my purchase. Thanks to the help of zat, zinc, weems, emay, and everyone else who i might of forgotten. But post up what you bought man.

Last edited by dannyboy281; June 4th, 2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old June 4th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #31
Ducati Suburbanite

2003 Mustang GT
N/A

ColbyFoxx will become famous soon enoughColbyFoxx will become famous soon enough

Dannyboy and Zatrekaz are incredibly knowledgeable about this there are so many products idk how anyone knows which to use

Project thread:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...pic-heavy.html
Old June 4th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #32

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

thanks man im still just learning though. zat, zinc, weems, emay are the real pros

Last edited by dannyboy281; June 4th, 2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:18 AM   #33
Wax on, Wax off

2003 Mustang V6
16.8@83.3

Originally Posted by ColbyFoxx View Post
Dannyboy and Zatrekaz are incredibly knowledgeable about this there are so many products idk how anyone knows which to use
Honestly, its a money hole because of so many products. I have so many I want to try... I order stuff every other week it seems.

2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
2006 Lexus 250 IS
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #34

2001 Mustang GT

Pittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 00BlueMustang View Post
What did you buy sir

Generally you shouldnt need that. Look into getting some wheel wax and some wheel wash
I wash my car every week and keep it real clean, I just want something that'll make my rims last forever ha

Old June 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #35
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

M.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond repute

If you want something to make your wheels last forever, then all you really need is a good carwash shampoo and some wheel wax. I would only use a chrome polish if you run in to scratching or rust.

Pinup in signature by loish.net
Modded Mustangs Cobra Club#007
Military Crew E6

VOTED MM's BEST SIGNATURE 2010. THANKS STANGGTR07

Old June 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #36

2001 Mustang GT

Wheel wax ok kool. Any specific brand?

Old June 4th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #37
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

M.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Wheel Wax is a polymer wheel coating that blocks out brake dust and keeps wheels looking clean and shiny. aluminum wheels, clear coated wheels, wheel

That is good. A lot of people LOVE Zoop. I have never tried it. It is expensive as fuck. lol

ZoopSeal Aluminim Sealer

Or you could give the Poorboys a try.

Pinup in signature by loish.net
Modded Mustangs Cobra Club#007
Military Crew E6

VOTED MM's BEST SIGNATURE 2010. THANKS STANGGTR07

Last edited by M.P. Cobra Fan; June 4th, 2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #38

2001 Mustang GT

Awesome thanks man! Rapes to ya

Old June 4th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #39
Wax on, Wax off

2003 Mustang V6
16.8@83.3

I have the Wheel Wax and it does the job, but its hard to buff off. They reccomend you apply it to all four wheels then buff. However if you wait that long, it is SO hard to buff each wheel. I like to apply it to one wheel, wait a few mins, and then buff it before moving to the next wheel.

I was thinking of trying either Poorboy's or DP Wheel glaze soon.

2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
2006 Lexus 250 IS
Old June 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #40
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 00BlueMustang View Post
Originally Posted by M.P. Cobra Fan View Post
If you want something to make your wheels last forever, then all you really need is a good carwash shampoo and some wheel wax. I would only use a chrome polish if you run in to scratching or rust.
This sounds familiar lol

Detailing Crew Member

North Carolina Modded Mustangs #5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Huge newb at detailing.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Detailing a convertible MoMo General Car Care & Detailing 3 July 26th, 2009 05:52 PM
Detailing rdspins89 2005 - 2010 1 February 27th, 2009 07:41 PM
Newb, With Newb Questions fs308 5.0 Mustangs 41 January 13th, 2008 04:15 PM
Newb! i'm a newb with a 69 grande boostedzx3 New Members Introductions 16 December 9th, 2007 10:44 PM
detailing questions please thaztrain35 Visual 12 October 23rd, 2007 12:41 AM