How do you remove car chalk?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Car Care & Detailing

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:25 PM   #1
Enthusiast

2003 V6 Mustang

mustang003 is on a distinguished road

How do you remove car chalk?

A friend of mine was car chalked two days ago and she cleaned off her windows, but there is still some car chalk on the rubber seals around the windows and on the doors of her car. Any ideas how to get this stuff off now? I figure i should probably know this anyways in case someone gets me. Ive never been hit by it but im one of the only people my friends havent gotten. (probably cause they know there would be some ass kickin) But yeah, her car is pretty new and she is planning on selling it fairly soon so getting it off is kinda important.

White Mustang Crew Member #10

Originally Posted by 2011GT1979 View Post
Newtons third law states that gay cars can not beat my manly car.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Regular

2002 Mustang V6

lkyspwn is on a distinguished road

Has she tried anything with rubbing alcohol?

Black Stang Crew Member #12
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:19 PM   #3
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

car chalked what the fuck is that anyways wash it, IPA wipe down, claying, re wax or seal

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:54 PM   #4
So say we all.

2000 Mustang V6

Wataru will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Wataru Send a message via Yahoo to Wataru

Originally Posted by dannyboy281 View Post
car chalked what the fuck is that anyways wash it, IPA wipe down, claying, re wax or seal
Either they used a window "chalk" for lettering, someone wrote on their windows with it or vandalized the chalk with chalk. ??

I find TurtleWax ICE Total Interior cleans the rubber seals VERY well. I use it on my car weekly on the headlight seals, Mach1 chin, windshield, rear window, side wings, pillars and anything black plastic.

Odd you can use it on exterior but it works very very well.

Spectre CAI - Flowmaster divorced duals - VAP Intake Spacer - SF3/X3 Bama Power Tuner - ASP 25% UDP
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM   #5

2000 gt

mustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to behold

claybar is about the only thing i have found to remove it. when my buddy got married, some got on the paint and i had to break out the polisher to remove it, it was stuck so hard that a clay bar wouldn't take it off.

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:49 PM   #6
Admanistrator

15.10@93.13

v606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to v606er

Elbow grease and a sponge is what I have used in the past when my Jeep got it.

Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:01 PM   #7

zinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mustanginky View Post
claybar is about the only thing i have found to remove it. when my buddy got married, some got on the paint and i had to break out the polisher to remove it, it was stuck so hard that a clay bar wouldn't take it off.
+1

Give 3M General Purpose Adhesive remover a try. I've used it on my paint with no side effects, but use it on an inconspicuous area first to test for possible damage.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:05 PM   #8

2000 gt

mustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to behold

i should reiterate though, using a polisher on something "stuck" in the paint can cause problems. i'd try every available means first before doing something like that. try kerosene/diesel, alcohol, claybar, etc...first.

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:10 PM   #9
Hardcore Enthusiast

1999 Mustang Cobra

vita has a spectacular aura aboutvita has a spectacular aura aboutvita has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to vita Send a message via Skype™ to vita

a torch?

j/k... is it stuck on the rubber seal only? Try some all purpose gunk remover (for like gum and stuff).
MM Cobra Club Member #51
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:54 PM   #10

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

i know my dad has used wd4 after it has been washed and it eats away road tar then he rewashes the area but i dont know if this a great idea dont know what it can do to the clear coat. Id try some APC diluted 1:1 or 3:1 and let it soak mabe use some warm to hot water for the dilution

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,

Last edited by dannyboy281; June 23rd, 2010 at 12:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: How do you remove car chalk?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I remove these? 93hatch 5.0 Mustangs 18 April 1st, 2010 01:20 PM
Chalk up one for the Blonde! WAR-PARTY The Clubhouse 6 September 20th, 2008 07:46 PM
how do i remove this? BWAL 5.0 Mustangs 3 April 22nd, 2008 04:35 PM
Chalk one up for Canada! HMUSN The Clubhouse 55 March 29th, 2008 12:29 AM
How to remove. stang94 94-95 2 March 18th, 2007 09:29 AM