Modded Mustang Forums banner

Chemical Guys Products

4K views 39 replies 6 participants last post by  dannyboy281 
#1 ·
I just ordered a gallon of Pro Detailer to aid my drying and add a bit of protection since it has white carnauba, also as another waterless wash product.

Automotive Detail Quick Detail Spray and Clay Lube With Carnauba

I also ordered some Monster microfibers since they are on sale and I hear they are a great towel. 3 for $9.99 when usually just 1 goes for $7.95 so I ordered 6 of them.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/530_xl_EXTREMELY_HEVY_AND_THICK_530_g_m2_MICROFIBER_s/89.htm

I made this thread because each product I try from them is great and has worked better then I expected so I ordered some more. I want to see what Chemical Guys products everyone else uses and what they like and dont like about them. Post em up guys:)

#2 ·
Let me know how you like CG's Microfiber... I like Pak Shak's, but I am always looking for something new and cheaper.

I am looking at these products right now:
elite microfiber

and this for drying, since I only spot dry... I much rather use a towel like this than a waffle weave.
woolly Mammoth Super thick best dryer car care

#3 · (Edited)
I was going to order the Elites but when I called Chemical guys today the guy who helped me told me that the Monsters have more GPSM (Grams Per Square Meter) and will be better for my application. But he also stated that the Elites are amazing and can be used for things like quick detailing, removing wax, and removing polish. I got the Monsters because they are only going to be used for quick detailing, spray waxing or waterless washing. I have several other microfibers from DI that I use for wax and polish residue removal. I also think woolly dryer will do a great job at drying I mean at 880 +g/m2 that will have some serious absorption. And they seem like good towels from all the reviews I have read so I am happy with my purchase.

#7 ·
Good choices bro im sure your going to be happy with the products. I just found a discount code for them but its only for 5% its GOLD and i just check to see if it worked and it did but like I said its not alot that your saving but every little bit counts.

#9 ·
Will do man and I like Glossworkz alot also its the best car wash I have ever used it leaves your ride really slick and with a great shine. It does work decently with the foam gun just one capful and the rest with water and set it on the highest setting you wont be disappointed.

#11 ·
I dont know i never ordered anything from them directly this is my first time I usually order CG products from Detailed Image and that usually takes a week or more because they are in NY. I ordered my stuff on tuesday from CG directly and fedex tracking say its going to come in on friday so like three business days but im in texas and they CG is in cali. So for you add a day so almost a business week, login to your chemical guys account and they provide you with a tracking number for fedex track it and see what the estimated delivery date is.

#12 ·
I absolutely love some Chemical Guys :D so I have a fair amount of their stuff and I have a list of supplies I want to buy from them.

I have:
- Citruswash + Gloss
- V.R.P. Dressing
- Silk Shine Dressing
- 5050 Wax
- Jetseal 109
- EZ~Creme Glaze
- ShMitt
- Fluffer Supreme & Monster & Super Microfiber Towels
- New Car Smell Freshner

And my dad has:
- Extreme Leather Cleaner
- Pure Leather Conditioner

#13 ·
I need to start ordering some CG stuff. Its so expensive though, but it seems to do a great job, and everyone always says great things about them

#15 ·
Acually CG has good prices. You can get most gallons in the $20-$40 price range. Gallons in that price are really good. The most expensive thing I have seen is Glossworkz which goes for about $40 a gallon. You can buy a gallon of sythetic QD spray for $22.

#14 ·
CG products are actually in a great price range there are some many other quality products out there that cost way more. But I guarantee you that the products are some of the best you will use:)

#18 ·
Acually CG has good prices. You can get most gallons in the $20-$40 price range. Gallons in that price are really good. The most expensive thing I have seen is Glossworkz which goes for about $40 a gallon. You can buy a gallon of sythetic QD spray for $22.
I should say compared to the low grade stuff lol. Prices arent bad though I will agree.

#16 ·
I still dont know why a gallon of Glossworkz costs $40 from DI and that same gallon directly from CG is $49. Usually you save buying directly from CG. I wanted to mention it to them last time I called but didnt, because they might have DI raise the price on it and we wouldn't want that.

#19 ·
Best to get it by the gallon thats when you really save and it lasts you, the only thing by the gallon that goes fast is the detail spray, but if you use it like most guys do you know that stuff always goes fast. I mean it gets used each time I wash for drying the car, as clay lube, as what it is a QD. So thats why it goes quickly at least for me.

#22 ·
I wanted to let you guys know about my results with Pro-Detailer and the California duster today on my GT. I got to say I like the cali duster it works great and didnt marr my finish at all. I just gently glided the tips of the duster over it and it took off the layer of dust. I then followed up with Pro-Detailer this stuff is great I am glad I got a gallon of it. I had a gallon of Synthetic Quick Detailer and to be honest I like Pro- detailer better it leaves you with a nicer warm wet finish. Not saying anything negative about synthetic quick detailer its great but pro detailer gives it a nicer wet shine and less of plastic look to it. It has to be the carnauba in it. If you like synthetic qd then your going to love pro-detailer. Dust repellence is about the same I cant tell any difference in that aspect.

#23 ·
If you use the duster, then I suggest you rinse it and let it air dry after every use. I belive the marring comes from repeated use and not cleaning it. It claims you never have to clean it... Lol.

How was the MF?

#24 ·
looking at there website it get soooooo confused on what to get and how it should be used with a pc. I am actually thinking of going with Adams polishes and pc combo. There stuff seems easier to use because they match everything to specific polishing pads

#26 ·
Its actually very easy, I made a thread on all the steps from start to finish in detail using Meguiars and Menzerna polishes using the PC. I know I made this thread for Chemical Guys products and they are awesome they do have their new 700's series polishes that are new I myself am a little confused on which # to use first. But I know that all you have to do is call Chemical Guy's they are open late and are very every time I have called they answer all my questions and are very friendly. And if you dont want to try the Chemical Guys line, give Meguiars or Menzerna polishes a try you will achieve better results than with Adams. You can order the PC7424XP backing plate, pads and polishing products either alone or in a kit from either

Detailed Image - Premium Auto Detailing Supplies

We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store

or my new favorite place

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.aspx

Here is the link on how used and achieved my results with Meguiars and Mezerna Polishes.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/178562-how-paint-correct-meguiars-m105-m205.html

#30 ·
No problem man those sites have great products and selection and if you have any questions post up a thread :)

#32 ·
Some pics of today, this is what I used. And Justin I finally got to use the Monster microfibers today they worked great with Pro-Detailer, very soft I am glad I got them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.