Ecosmart?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Car Care & Detailing

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #1
MM Fanatic

Better than ONLYaUNCfan's
2012@lightspeed

BlueScreaM has a spectacular aura aboutBlueScreaM has a spectacular aura about

Ecosmart?

So its getting cold here and for the sake of not busting a hose or anything im wondering if the waterless car detailer ECOSMART is legit?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #2
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

I would go with Optimum No Rinse instead since its a rinseless wash and not waterless wash. I dont doubt CG ECOSMART-RU cleaning ability as all the CG products I have used are great. I just feel you will get better results with No Rinse. All you need is two buckets one with 4 gallons of warm water for rinsing the other with 2.5 gallons of warm water in it and about 1 1/2 capfuls of ONR in it. Check out this article from DI. In fact ONR is still on sale for $11.69 instead of $15.99 but it ends on the 30th both links are below. He chooses to follow it up with a OPT Spray wax that is not necessary, but does add protection so thats why it took him 1 hour. You should finish washing it in like 30 to 45 minutes in your garage out outside with out using a hose at all.

Optimum (OPT) No Rinse Wash & Shine New Formula (ONR) - 32 oz, Free Holiday Shipping Available | Detailed Image

Wash and Wax in 60 minutes featuring Optimum No Rinse – Detailed Image

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old November 28th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #3
MM Fanatic

2012@lightspeed

Cool, but i doubt i will get it soon with my Christmas shopping and x pipe and all so it will probably be after the sale but still 15 bucks isnt bad.

Old November 28th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #4
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I here you I am in the same boat. I just bought AG HD because it was on sale if not I would have waited. I still want to get some ONR as well because its a pita to wash your car in the cold but with X-mas on the way I am going to have to hack out regular washes.

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old November 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #5
MM Fanatic

2012@lightspeed

Originally Posted by dannyboy281 View Post
Yeah I here you I am in the same boat. I just bought AG HD because it was on sale if not I would have waited. I still want to get some ONR as well because its a pita to wash your car in the cold but with X-mas on the way I am going to have to hack out regular washes.
Luckily, around 2 oclock its not that cold so thats when i usually wash it. I dont wash it as much as i use to and switched to detailer but it dosent cut it for me. I dont have the time to properly get all the streaks off the car (got lazy since i got a buffer)...

Old November 28th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #6
Regular

1990 and 2004 Mustangs

wolfpacker92 will become famous soon enough

I don't really like waterless products for really washing the car. They are great for bird bombs and the like but they aren't real paint safe if the car is the slightest bit dirty. Like Danny said go with ONR and the method he described.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.