Review - Mothers Leather Cleaner & Conditoners
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Car Care & Detailing

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (4) Thread Tools
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:43 AM   4 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

M.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Review - Mothers Leather Cleaner & Conditoners

Product: Mothers Leather Cleaner - Mothers Leather Conditioner (Yes I know this has been reviewed, but like I said, multiple opinions is a GOOD thing.)

Product Description : Cleaner - Mothers Leather Cleaner is formulated to safely clean dirt and oils from all finished leather without compromising the look and feel. This gentle cleaner is pH-balanced to clean without drying. It penetrates the pores and lifts out dirt and oil that have absorbed into the leather. Mothers Leather Cleaner will not discolor leather or corrode synthetic or cotton stitching. Use it as often as needed without fear. Your leather is safe in Mothers’ hands.
Conditioner - Mothers Leather Conditioner is formulated from premium neatsfoot oil and lanolin to be a nourishing drink for your parched leather. Neatsfoot oil is made from animal proteins and is a natural leather conditioner and protectant. Mothers has combined neatsfoot with lanolin, another natural moisturizer, to revive dry leather and keep new leather supple. Mothers Leather Conditioner absorbs into the pores to condition the leather while forming a protective barrier against the sun. Your leather will retain its youthful glow longer with regular cleaning and conditioning.
Courtesy of autogeek.com

Would you buy this again or recommend it to a friend: Yes

Initial Product Observations:
Packaging: Cleaner - Pump top spray bottle - Conditoner plastic bottle with flip spout
Consistency: Both nice and thick.
Color: clear to milky white
Scent: unsure. not chemical like though. Very pleasant
Current Price: $7.99 each
Size: 12oz
Manufacturer: Mothers
Made in: USA

Conditions: 65* and sunny. No humidity

Additional products used for prep, during application, or removal: Vacuum area to remove any dirt in seams.

Method of Preparation, Application, and noted Observations:
Starting with the cleaner, I shook the bottle well and sprayed liberally on to the first seat. I let the product dwell for approx 1 minute before scrubbing with a medium bristle brush. As I worked the product in, you could see it changing color as it pull the dirt off the leather. Once I felt it was clean, I wiped a small test spot with a microfiber cloth to see the results. After I was satisfied with the outcome, I wiped the rest off. I then when back over with a dry microfiber to remove any residue.

This is the before shot of the rear seat.

A few 50/50 shots just to show how well the product worked.

Conditioner - Once the seats were dry, I moved on to the conditioner. This went on very easily and was applied with a microfiber towel. Simply massaging it in to the surface of the seats. After waiting the recommended two minutes I used a clean MF towel and removed the excess. The product went on easily and absorbed in to the leather quick. It left behind a nice pleasant scent.

The finished product.

Pros: Excellent price point, available about anywhere, easy to use, pleasant scent, effective

Cons: My only cons is the spray pump top bottle. I truly hate this design of pump sprayer when it comes to anything. A typical spray bottle design would be MUCH better. From now on I am going to fill my own sprayers with the cleaner.

Final Observations and Summary: All in all it is a very effective product. I have tried other cleaners and conditioners, all which cost more, but I don't think I can say they that much better. I plan on keeping this as my "go to" leather care combo.

Pinup in signature by loish.net
Modded Mustangs Cobra Club#007
Military Crew E6

VOTED MM's BEST SIGNATURE 2010. THANKS STANGGTR07

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2010, 01:30 PM   #2
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Great review I found this combo to be a really good one as well. The only difference from your method is I used microfiber applicator pads to apply the products and a leather horse hair brush to work in the cleaner. One problem is I haven't been able to find it locally anywhere and I have looked. The combo I have was sent to me to sample from Jim at Mothers.

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old December 23rd, 2010, 01:46 PM   #3
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

M.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Really? They carry it at Autozone here. I picked mine up at Summit though since that is local for me.

Military Crew E6

Old December 23rd, 2010, 02:25 PM   #4

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by M.P. Cobra Fan View Post
Really? They carry it at Autozone here. I picked mine up at Summit though since that is local for me.
I have check all the autozones, oryllies, napa, and pepboys, near me and had no luck yet.

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old December 23rd, 2010, 03:12 PM   #5
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

That sucks.

Military Crew E6

Old December 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM   #6
I'm, Ron Burgundy?

2006 Silverado 5.3

Gerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to all

I ordered some of this last week and I hope it works but if not I'll try mothers
Leather Master Car Leather Protection & Cleaner Kit, leather master protectant, leather cleaner, leather car seats
Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:08 PM   #7
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

I have not tried that product yet. Let me know how you like it.

Military Crew E6

Old December 24th, 2010, 06:10 AM   #8

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

I here Leather Masters is one of the best leather care product brand on the market.

Old December 29th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #9
Regular

MothersPolish is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dannyboy281 View Post
I have check all the autozones, oryllies, napa, and pepboys, near me and had no luck yet.
The Autozone may have special ordered a case for a customer or something... they normally don't stock our leather products, nor do any of the other major retailers. For some reason, nobody evidently cleans their leather and these types of products as a market segment just don't sell well.

About the best place to find these is at Ace Hardware stores, or online, and yes, Jegs and Summit carry pretty much everything of ours.

We have a new Mothers VLR Cleaner and Conditioner coming in early 2011, and Autozone and Pep Boys will have that -- it's a very nice combo product for maintaining your vinyl, leather and rubber.

Please email me rather than PM me if you have any product questions you don't want to post in the forum -- thanks!

Like us on Facebook at www.mothersfacebook.com
Old December 29th, 2010, 04:44 AM   #10

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

I really like this combo and made my own review on it not sure if you have seen it, its in the "Reviews" sticky. Good thing is I have an Ace Hardware very close by my home its about 3 minutes driving time so I will go check soon. I dont understand why they wouldn't sell. I always see the Lexol combo at about every auto part store and it isnt as good as your guys combo. I am wondering if Mothers might try it out at maybe one autopart store to see if it sells, say Pepboys. They might get more sales than expected; its a great combo. I guess its really up to Mothers Marketing department.

Old December 29th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #11
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

Originally Posted by MothersPolish View Post
The Autozone may have special ordered a case for a customer or something... they normally don't stock our leather products, nor do any of the other major retailers. For some reason, nobody evidently cleans their leather and these types of products as a market segment just don't sell well.

About the best place to find these is at Ace Hardware stores, or online, and yes, Jegs and Summit carry pretty much everything of ours.

We have a new Mothers VLR Cleaner and Conditioner coming in early 2011, and Autozone and Pep Boys will have that -- it's a very nice combo product for maintaining your vinyl, leather and rubber.
I am going to have to go check that Autozone again. I swear I have seen it there. Maybe I just see it so much at Summit that it sticks in my head. They have it in the detailing aisle, on and endcap and at the cash registers!

Military Crew E6

Old December 29th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #12
Regular

1990 and 2004 Mustangs

wolfpacker92 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by M.P. Cobra Fan View Post
I have not tried that product yet. Let me know how you like it.
It's highly overrated. Sorry Gerbig I know you ordered it but it's not all that. A product like Mothers will do you just as well. You tend to see the Leather Masters stuff up for sale on detailing sites a lot as guys get it and it's not that impressive so they sell it off.
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #13

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

Originally Posted by wolfpacker92 View Post
It's highly overrated. Sorry Gerbig I know you ordered it but it's not all that. A product like Mothers will do you just as well. You tend to see the Leather Masters stuff up for sale on detailing sites a lot as guys get it and it's not that impressive so they sell it off.
I have noticed that its up for sale quote a bit, I always here about people ordering it saying good things. I guess it a bunch of hype. Nice to know now.

Old December 29th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #14
Ginger with No Soul

2003 GT, 1995 GT vert
13.043@108.46

NASTY03GT will become famous soon enoughNASTY03GT will become famous soon enough

I use this on my '95-love this stuff!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLkmi9igM8g
^^^Let a Chic show you how to do a burnout!!^^^
Originally Posted by 01stangV6 View Post
Damn Canadians.....always saying "eh".....pisses me off.

Black Stang Crew
Member #HOT STUFF

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/196966-review-mothers-leather-cleaner-conditoners.html
Posted By For Type Date
Mothers Leather Cleaner This thread Refback January 20th, 2013 11:04 PM
Mothers Leather Cleaner This thread Refback April 6th, 2011 01:41 AM
Mothers Leather Cleaner This thread Refback February 2nd, 2011 08:09 PM
leather | BoardReader This thread Refback December 25th, 2010 05:21 AM

Threads Similar to: Review - Mothers Leather Cleaner & Conditoners
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner wolfpacker92 General Car Care & Detailing 6 December 23rd, 2010 01:01 AM
Mothers Product Review - Part I Administrator General Car Care & Detailing 1 December 10th, 2010 02:16 PM
Mothers Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner Review dannyboy281 General Car Care & Detailing 12 November 4th, 2010 02:12 AM
good leather cleaner?? joejoe8455 Modular Mustangs 6 June 11th, 2007 12:12 AM