Modded Mustang Forums banner

Leather Leather Leather

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  ChrisJ 
#1 ·
White/Taupe leather interior.

I want to CLEAN it first. Then seal/protect it. Have at it guys; what do you recommend?

~Lefters

#2 ·
I am a fan of Mothers. The leather cleaner works great! The conditioner goes on and does not stay oily. I wrote a review of it in the review sticky. You can see some pics of a neglected interior and what it did for tan leather.

I have tried other that are easily available, I just found the Mothers worked the best. Meguiars always makes a reputable product, and their leather wipes are nice for a quick dusting, cleaning.

Some of the boutique stuff that I have heard good reviews on is wolfgang products. They are available on autogeek.net.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I use Majestic Solutions Leather and Plastic cleaner first and then condition with 1z Leather Care. I used all sorts of products before but when I matched these two products I didn't use any others. Now once I run out of 1z, which won't be long I'll probably switch back to Duragloss Leather Conditioner. Duragloss makes the leather conditioner that Ford gives out to King Ranch owners.

CGs All in one leather cleaner and conditioner worked well and as far as conditioners, theirs was ok. Surf City and Wolfgang make some nice leather conditioners but never tried any of their cleaners.

Never tried the Leatherique but have heard that it does tremendous work. Now it is expensive and from what I've read it's very labor intensive to get the regimen down correct. I have used Leather Masters and was not impressed at all by that. It was expensive and not that great. There is a reason you always see Leather Masters stuff for sale on detailing forums.

#6 ·
Hey some people would be amazed at what you have to do to clean some nasty leather. I've had to use an APC diluted 1:1 and a PC with a carpet brush attached on one set. Those seats were so nasty it was unreal. Owner figured nothing could help them so told me I could try anything I wanted. It worked but that brush attachement on the PC was slinging ground in dirt everywhere in the interior. I had to clean the dash and all the other stuff twice because of all the crap that came out of the seats.

I have heard of detailers using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on really bad leather too but I would only use it in an extreme case like the one I mentioned above as I'm sure its not good for the leather.

#8 ·
I looked all weekend for the mothers and couldn't find it anywhere...

I ended up buying Lexol PH Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner...Have not used it yet but am going to try it out...Anyone ever used it?

#9 ·
#12 ·
I see where they say the lexol cleaner is good but the conditioner is schisty...Guess I will search for mothers products around here...Autozone, Walmart, Advance and CarQuest all dont have much of ANY mothers stuff...

#19 ·
Yea I bought it there myself...But I wanted the mothers that James used...

#17 ·
Now I realize I need to correct myself and get a little more specific...

If you have Alcantara inserts, which is the suede-like material that was original equipment on some SVT Mustang Cobras, do not use leather care products on that and instead refer to the instructions in your owner's manual, which are also available here...

Maintenance - Alcantara

#20 ·
Damnit Chris, I can't find Mother's anywhere either lol

#22 ·
I used my Zaino cleaner and conidtioner and it worked really well and has a really good smell...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.