Leather Leather Leather
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Car Care & Detailing

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:45 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Resident DJ

'01 Cobra Vert.

Lefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond repute

Leather Leather Leather

White/Taupe leather interior.

I want to CLEAN it first. Then seal/protect it. Have at it guys; what do you recommend?

~Lefters

2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe (the daily)
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition (the other toy)
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2011, 10:51 AM   #2
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

M.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I am a fan of Mothers. The leather cleaner works great! The conditioner goes on and does not stay oily. I wrote a review of it in the review sticky. You can see some pics of a neglected interior and what it did for tan leather.

I have tried other that are easily available, I just found the Mothers worked the best. Meguiars always makes a reputable product, and their leather wipes are nice for a quick dusting, cleaning.

Some of the boutique stuff that I have heard good reviews on is wolfgang products. They are available on autogeek.net.

Pinup in signature by loish.net
Modded Mustangs Cobra Club#007
Military Crew E6

VOTED MM's BEST SIGNATURE 2010. THANKS STANGGTR07

Old January 31st, 2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Wax on, Wax off

2003 Mustang V6
16.8@83.3

Zatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant futureZatrekaz has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Zatrekaz

I use Meguiar's Aloe Cleaner/Conditioner. For touchups I use their spray Cleaner & Conditioner Gold Class spray.

If you really want to get them looking good, look into Leatherique...

Leatherique Prestine Clean - 16 oz | Detailed Image
Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 16 oz | Detailed Image

Leatherique Leather Care How-To – Detailed Image

2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
2006 Lexus 250 IS
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:54 PM   #4
Regular

1990 and 2004 Mustangs

wolfpacker92 will become famous soon enough

I use Majestic Solutions Leather and Plastic cleaner first and then condition with 1z Leather Care. I used all sorts of products before but when I matched these two products I didn't use any others. Now once I run out of 1z, which won't be long I'll probably switch back to Duragloss Leather Conditioner. Duragloss makes the leather conditioner that Ford gives out to King Ranch owners.

CGs All in one leather cleaner and conditioner worked well and as far as conditioners, theirs was ok. Surf City and Wolfgang make some nice leather conditioners but never tried any of their cleaners.

Never tried the Leatherique but have heard that it does tremendous work. Now it is expensive and from what I've read it's very labor intensive to get the regimen down correct. I have used Leather Masters and was not impressed at all by that. It was expensive and not that great. There is a reason you always see Leather Masters stuff for sale on detailing forums.
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM   #5
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!

2007 Mustang Shelby GT

RZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to RZNCAIN

For real dirty seats, and people might not agree with me on this, but for deep in dirty, and always found that a little degresser and metal polishing steel wool works great for cleaning. As far as protecting, I gotz Mother's.

2007 Shelby GT- Hardparked
1988 LX 5.0- Umm...Driver?

Old January 31st, 2011, 03:16 PM   #6
Regular

1990 and 2004 Mustangs

Originally Posted by michschi View Post
For real dirty seats, and people might not agree with me on this, but for deep in dirty, and always found that a little degresser and metal polishing steel wool works great for cleaning. As far as protecting, I gotz Mother's.
Hey some people would be amazed at what you have to do to clean some nasty leather. I've had to use an APC diluted 1:1 and a PC with a carpet brush attached on one set. Those seats were so nasty it was unreal. Owner figured nothing could help them so told me I could try anything I wanted. It worked but that brush attachement on the PC was slinging ground in dirt everywhere in the interior. I had to clean the dash and all the other stuff twice because of all the crap that came out of the seats.

I have heard of detailers using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on really bad leather too but I would only use it in an extreme case like the one I mentioned above as I'm sure its not good for the leather.
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:21 PM   #7
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!

2007 Mustang Shelby GT

RZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to RZNCAIN

Originally Posted by wolfpacker92 View Post
Hey some people would be amazed at what you have to do to clean some nasty leather. I've had to use an APC diluted 1:1 and a PC with a carpet brush attached on one set. Those seats were so nasty it was unreal. Owner figured nothing could help them so told me I could try anything I wanted. It worked but that brush attachement on the PC was slinging ground in dirt everywhere in the interior. I had to clean the dash and all the other stuff twice because of all the crap that came out of the seats.

I have heard of detailers using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on really bad leather too but I would only use it in an extreme case like the one I mentioned above as I'm sure its not good for the leather.
Never tried the Mr. Clean Eraser.

2007 Shelby GT- Hardparked
1988 LX 5.0- Umm...Driver?

Old January 31st, 2011, 03:29 PM   #8
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to ChrisJ Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisJ

I looked all weekend for the mothers and couldn't find it anywhere...

I ended up buying Lexol PH Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner...Have not used it yet but am going to try it out...Anyone ever used it?
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:36 PM   #9
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future

I am thinking about picking this up though as everyone raves about them...

Wolfgang Leather Care Combo, Wolfgang Leather Cleaner, Wolfgang Leather Conditioner
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:40 PM   #10
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
I looked all weekend for the mothers and couldn't find it anywhere...

I ended up buying Lexol PH Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner...Have not used it yet but am going to try it out...Anyone ever used it?
There is a review on it in the reviews sticky forgot who made it though

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:48 PM   #11
Regular

1990 and 2004 Mustangs

Lexol is a pretty good product. In a pinch I'd buy it.
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:52 PM   #12
RLY SRS

I see where they say the lexol cleaner is good but the conditioner is schisty...Guess I will search for mothers products around here...Autozone, Walmart, Advance and CarQuest all dont have much of ANY mothers stuff...
Old January 31st, 2011, 04:06 PM   #13

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
I see where they say the lexol cleaner is good but the conditioner is schisty...Guess I will search for mothers products around here...Autozone, Walmart, Advance and CarQuest all dont have much of ANY mothers stuff...
Ace hardware carries the Mothers Leather combo at least thats what Jim at mothers told me.

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:24 AM   #14
Regular

MothersPolish is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dannyboy281 View Post
Ace hardware carries the Mothers Leather combo at least thats what Jim at mothers told me.
Hah! Thanks to you and M.P. Cobra for the plug! Unfortunately these are hard to find, but yes, Ace Hardware and also True Value Hardware generally stock them or at least offer free ship to store through their website.

Leather Cleaner, #06412, 12 oz.
Leather Conditioner, #06312, 12 oz.

They're also available broadly online from Amazon.com, Summit.com, Jegs.com, Colorrite.com, etc.

And any of you guys who have an Amsoil dealer, they would have our leather products as well as and most of our core products.

Please email me rather than PM me if you have any product questions you don't want to post in the forum -- thanks!

Like us on Facebook at www.mothersfacebook.com
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:27 AM   #15
Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT
n/a

02trueblueGT will become famous soon enough

I always use lexol on my seats. the cleaner and conditioner. You can pick it up at advance auto.
TRUE BLUE CREW MEMBER #4

Old February 1st, 2011, 02:34 AM   #16
Admanistrator

15.10@93.13

v606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to v606er

Subscribed.

Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:45 AM   #17
Regular

MothersPolish is on a distinguished road

Now I realize I need to correct myself and get a little more specific...

If you have Alcantara inserts, which is the suede-like material that was original equipment on some SVT Mustang Cobras, do not use leather care products on that and instead refer to the instructions in your owner's manual, which are also available here...

Maintenance - Alcantara

Please email me rather than PM me if you have any product questions you don't want to post in the forum -- thanks!

Like us on Facebook at www.mothersfacebook.com
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:31 AM   #18

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

For Alcantara seats which are in cobras check out these products.

Autowerkes Exclusive :: RaceGlaze Alcantara Cleaner :: 2008 :: Shop

Swissvax USA: Alcanta Cleaner for Alcantara, 250 ml

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:16 AM   #19
RLY SRS

Originally Posted by 02trueblueGT View Post
I always use lexol on my seats. the cleaner and conditioner. You can pick it up at advance auto.
Yea I bought it there myself...But I wanted the mothers that James used...
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #20
Resident DJ

'01 Cobra Vert.

Lefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond repute

Damnit Chris, I can't find Mother's anywhere either lol

2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe (the daily)
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition (the other toy)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/202113-leather-leather-leather.html
Posted By For Type Date
Mothers Leather Cleaner This thread Refback February 2nd, 2011 08:09 PM

Threads Similar to: Leather Leather Leather
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mothers Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner Review dannyboy281 General Car Care & Detailing 12 November 4th, 2010 02:12 AM
Leather Zatrekaz General Car Care & Detailing 19 July 30th, 2010 09:21 PM
take off leather? cmdr_anomic 2005 - 2010 4 May 16th, 2008 10:18 AM
Leather Makikun 2005 - 2010 23 December 21st, 2007 08:22 PM
where can i get new leather madhandles97 99 - 04 2 October 26th, 2007 11:21 PM