Element119/SystemX
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Car Care & Detailing

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:17 AM   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to ChrisJ Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisJ

Element119/SystemX

So what do you guys think?

Element 119 | System X Coatings
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #2
KCCO

2004 Mustang GT
12.88 @ 112

GTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to GTsetGO Send a message via MSN to GTsetGO Send a message via Yahoo to GTsetGO

i prefer element120/system y myself.

2008 Acura TL-S - 2008 Honda Pilot EX-SE

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I can't believe I missed all the black dick
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:52 AM   #3
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future

Eat a dick rob...Grown-ups are talking here
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #4
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Never heard of it Chris I can ask about it and let you know. I am going to go with Wolfs Chemicals Body Wrap or the Aquartz combo. I used Cquartz and it was a large disappointment. I also have applied Opti-Coat V2 and I had some issues that I was able to fix (due to the extreme heat hear) but its still a hell of alot better than Cquartz. But this time I am going to try Bodywrap or Aquartz. Most likely Bodywrap and save Aquartz for when I get the cobra.

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, it looks pretty easy to apply.
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #6
KCCO

2004 Mustang GT
12.88 @ 112

GTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud ofGTsetGO has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to GTsetGO Send a message via MSN to GTsetGO Send a message via Yahoo to GTsetGO

Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
Eat a dick rob...Grown-ups are talking here
now that wasn't very nice.

2008 Acura TL-S - 2008 Honda Pilot EX-SE

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I can't believe I missed all the black dick
Old July 8th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #7
RLY SRS

I just wonder if it will compare to the other ceramic coatings...
Old July 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #8
9k All Day.

MY00 s2000.

VinceS2K is a glorious beacon of lightVinceS2K is a glorious beacon of lightVinceS2K is a glorious beacon of lightVinceS2K is a glorious beacon of lightVinceS2K is a glorious beacon of light

i would love to get it...but i really like trying new waxes every month...

Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
Now, I'm fucking terrified of beetles. I mean, what of it had worked its way into my butthole or something?? They creep me the fuck out.
Old July 8th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #9
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
At the speed of sex

dannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to beholddannyboy281 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vince's98 View Post
i would love to get it...but i really like trying new waxes every month...
Nano coatings are for those who want to have some scratch resistant properties, prevent water spot etching, live in extreme climates, and who want to basically keep up the vehicle looking great almost all the time. The only real maintenance is proper washing and a claying/ decontamination here and there. If you want to amp up the gloss a bit just use a high quality quick detailer on it. Plus they do not have to worry about applying protection every month or few months. I like this it makes keeping it up alot easier, I will be getting Wolfs Chemicals BodyWrap soon. Plus I will be locking in a near perfect finish after my ride has been corrected. I enjoy the correction stage and all, and also enjoy applying protection (just applied 2 coats of Menzerna Powerock yesterday). But I also enjoy just having to keep my ride up by washing it weekly and it looking good. Plus my gt is black so its a pita to keep up especially here in the desert.

MGW, MAC Offroad X, Flowmaster Original 40's, Maganaflow 3.5" Tips, Anthracite 18x9's & 18x10's FR 500's wrapped with Nitto 555's, Eibach Pro Kit,

Last edited by dannyboy281; July 9th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old July 8th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #10
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, I'll be doing my fiance's new car with it once she gets it. I'm not interested in trying to spend the time I do on my car on hers.
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:41 PM   #11
Photoshop Junkie

2013 Focus ST

WabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to behold

Looks interesting, might have to get some of this.

Edit: Decided to place an order. I'll post my thoughts once I get it and try it out.

MM Cobra Club Member #97
Just call me Jon
Minnesota!

Jon's Sig Collection

Last edited by WabashaCobra99; July 8th, 2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #12
RLY SRS

Originally Posted by WabashaCobra99 View Post
Looks interesting, might have to get some of this.

Edit: Decided to place an order. I'll post my thoughts once I get it and try it out.
AWESOME please keep us posted...

Also has anyone ever topped a ceramic coating with a LSP after the curing and such? I mean it seems to me that the ceramic coating makes a great base...Why not build off it?
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #13
Cum On Me Bro

14 Fiesta ST

sikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud of

If someone wants to do some correction on my car I'll gladly order this and apply it
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #14
RLY SRS

I emailed them about this thread so hopefully they can come in and give us some info on it
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #15

Element 119 is on a distinguished road
Cool

Chris,

Thank you for your invitation to field a few questions on your forum.

First, many questions can be answered in the System X FAQ Section. As for a few questions / comments on this thread :

Vince: I would love to get it...but I really like trying new waxes every month

System X has great solvent resistant properties, making it top-up compatible. This means waxing or sealing right over the coating won't hurt System X. In fact, I have a System X base with an Infinite Gloss topper on my Jeep and find it makes the paint look even deeper and glossier. So go ahead... wax right over it every month!

Danny Boy: ...for those who want to have some scratch resistant properties, prevent water spot etching, live in extreme climates, and who want to basically keep up the vehicle looking great almost all the time...to amp up the gloss a bit just use a high quality quick detailer on it..

Good description of our customer base Danny! As for the quick detailer, many of our customers like to use a QD from time to time. System X initially has a slick feeling almost similar to a freshly sealed car, but to keep that silky feel long term a QD is a good idea.

Wabasha Cobra: Decided to place an order. I'll post my thoughts once I get it and try it out.

Thank you for your order, if you have any questions before/during application give us a call at 860 375 0211 or shoot an email to support @element119.com

sikedsyko: If someone wants to do some correction on my car I'll gladly order this and apply it

We have a lot of people who apply System X over their paintwork before correction to add protection and stop any further damage to paint quite often. While you want to preserve your paintwork in pristine condition, paint correction involves buffing anyway.
System X is removed by compounding the same way your paint is corrected. This means if you System X your car today and in 6 months do the paint correction you will just be buffing a little longer. Just don't forget to re-seal after the correction.

Again, thanks for the invite, and feel free to throw any more questions this way!
Old July 11th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #16
RLY SRS

Awesome...I think the wifes Expi will be getting a coat of this after I get the time to do a correction on it...

So 1 order is typically enough to handle say a 22ft SUV? LOL
Old July 14th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #17
Photoshop Junkie

2013 Focus ST

WabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to behold

I just got mine today. So long as the weather play nice, I plan to test it out this weekend.

MM Cobra Club Member #97
Just call me Jon
Minnesota!

Jon's Sig Collection
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #18
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

What is the shelf life on this stuff as long as it's not opened?
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #19

Element 119 is on a distinguished road
Wink

Nasty Stang:

The shelf life of System X is 2 years, unopened.

An opened bottle of System X depends on how long the cap was left off. There are a blend of solvents in the formulation, each of which has a different evaporation rate. This was done to help ease application. So if the cap is left off too long the solvents that evaporate quicker will dissipate and the formulation will be be altered. This is why we suggest using all of the product in one use. We do however have clients that purchase the larger bottle and use it over the coarse of a couple weeks by keeping it capped as much as possible during application. So we recommend using as much of the product at once as you can, but know of people who stretch it our a bit.
Old July 15th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #20
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Gotcha. I'm going to be purchasing a bottle to do my fiance's new car once she gets it but was thinking about ordering another bottle or two but wanted to make sure they would last some time. Thanks for the quick reply.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/225231-element119-systemx.html
Posted By For Type Date
Element 119 System X: L2D Group Buy - Page 6 This thread Refback February 27th, 2013 01:37 PM
Element 119 System X: L2D Group Buy - Page 6 - Live2Detail This thread Refback October 6th, 2011 10:20 PM
Element 119 System X: L2D Group Buy - Page 6 - Live2Detail This thread Refback October 6th, 2011 09:36 PM