Modded Mustang Forums banner

What Did You Do Detailing Wise Today?

800K views 18K replies 273 participants last post by  VaderGT 
#1 · (Edited)
or even recently! All of the other sections have threads similar to this, and its a great way to discuss products, techniques, products ordered, post your detailing arsenal, what you're working on and showoff your work!

as for me here's a quick run through with reviews of products and pictures

Oh no... bugs! I must need a dedicated bug remover..

Wrong! Soap has never failed me with them

Miracle Dryer! Worked fine, dried the car I rung it out some but I imagine I couldve gotten by with no ringing, and I think its what? a third of the price of the guzzler?

Okay I don't know what was wrong with this
didnt apply evenly and streaked I tried applicated with a mf sponge, I usually use these little foam things, but I was sort of in a rush at this time so i just grabbed that.
Worked decent, spelled like nail polish remover? It will be under further review.

after black light buff off with cg super towel

So i guess since this is considered "satin black" atleast what I was told, this matte detailer does not work for it, left terrible streaks on it as shown, and other products make it "shinier" so I guess I will just wash it and leave it at that, keep it simple right?

My favorite part of the day was this

Products used, pictures speak for themself thats not actually adams detail spray lol for anyone who does not know adams detail spray is pink and their apc is green, that is their apc in sample spray bottle diluted at 1:1
(actually cg window clean 1:1 in megs glass cleaner bottle)

Good stuff, little bit of a learning curve of application amount for bl

Black light worked well but is definitely over rated, yeah its a good-great product but it receives way too much attention and hype

v7 was great, nice orange smell (btw bl smells amazing) , worked well, no streaking at all, and unless I was using on the low side a little (as in not enough) it looks like a bottle would last a car 10+ applications, used a cg super towel with this one as well, v7 created a more noticeable visual difference to me.
Don't know if I'd buy black light again (yet, needs more trial) but v7 is here to stay.
Amount used -

First time using the blue nitrite gloves from lowes (comes in black and orange pack of 100) No complaints, reasonably priced and did what they were supposed to. wont wash with them anymore though, I don't think soap is even that hard on hands, but this caused them to be pruned etc and some skin was peeling off as I ended on hour 4.
Finished product as of Round 4, went with natural tires this time.

See less See more
#2 ·
Today...

Spot treatment with cg lightning stain remover

Thumbs up on the lowes bottle used as well, easier to work with than my meg's spray bottles

Diluted 10:1 as recommended, worked well, agitated with brush shown I believe it is a carrand, picked it up from pepboys however AG carries carrand

"shampoo'd" not spot treated

For those that follow these, remember this?

lol.. morning after..

Interested to see if this will hold up better on tires..

as for trim its fired.

Autoglym auto shampoo wash+wax good smell, smells sort of like candy, love the color, performed well, not great, but I'll consider it for my bulk wash and wax

Still like cg miracle dryer
I've been using a wash pad for the large panels as opposed to mitts for all of it, a must have wish I had gotten one sooner.

Spot treat on this imperfection
clayed then 2 hand passes with megs ultimate, satisfied with results and not having to break out the GG
Before

After

Finished product, 2010 Honda Accord

btw this thread isn't just for me, so come on and participate, I'll even rep ;) lol

#3 ·
Nice work man. I'm did a CG citrus wash today and then clay barred. BFWD is curing now and then I'll put some Adams Americana. Also have some Skippy ready to go as I find peanut butter works best at removing wax from trim.

I was thinking about breaking out the PC and M105/205, but I did a correction last year and am not up for another detailing marathon!

#5 ·
There was a thread about removing wax from trim on here. A lot of stuff I tried like 3M Adhesive Remover and a pencil eraser weren't very effective. Somebody recommended peanut butter and that did the trick. Just dabbed a little on a microfiber towel and cleaned off with water.

I'll try to snap some pics when I'm done.

#10 ·
That's interesting cool tip though I'll have to give it a shot sometime
ha funny you should ask! clay bar for first time sweet and a nice fresh coat of wax worked on it all morning i love it.
what clay bar and wax? yeah i love detailing, a nice break from the daily grind
Today I washed with some dawn original to remove old wax. Then I hit the car with a layer of Auto Glym HD wax that I bought from Nastyfx4. Changed the oil and procharger oil and gave the whole car a quick detailing. I think it shines pretty good for white. You can see my garage banners reflecting in the paint.

how'd you like ag hd, and jealous of the procharger! lol, and yeah I agree looks great
Today...

For those that follow these, remember this?

lol.. morning after..

Interested to see if this will hold up better on tires..

as for trim its fired.

Ouch that sucks. Was there rain or dew on it? I've only used it for interior. Will be interested in how it does on the tires.
didnt even rain, just dew did that
OK strip washed my wifes Xterra today. Going to clay, glaze, seal and wax tomorrow. Will take pics. Dont have a DA yet so it will be done by hand. Looking foward to how it comes out. Its silver w/ some flake in it, should really pop.
what did you strip with? and whats the product line up looking like? and all by hand you'll be feeling it in two days lol, for a da I'd recommend the GG

#7 ·
Today I washed with some dawn original to remove old wax. Then I hit the car with a layer of Auto Glym HD wax that I bought from Nastyfx4. Changed the oil and procharger oil and gave the whole car a quick detailing. I think it shines pretty good for white. You can see my garage banners reflecting in the paint.

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
Finally someone else that understands that BL is over-rated...I think I was the first person here to buy it as I bought it the day it went on sale...I traded it for PB white diamond and black hole...Much happier...

PC 7424
Meguiars DA MF (D300/D301)
Merzerna PO85RD with a blue pad
BFWD Paint Sealant
BFWD All Metal Sealant
Pinnacle Signature Series II LSP
Opti-Coat all Glass
Griots Trim Cleaner/Conditioner on all rubber
CG Glass Cleaner with stoners wand
303 Aerospace on all interior plastic
Zainos leather cleaner and conditioner

Took about 12 hours total for the detail...Looks great...And its raining all week LOL

Sorry for the cell phone pics

Reactions: SON1C
#19 ·
Try a cleaner wax

#42 ·
meguiars endurance in the can, great stuff for otc and its like $7 a can..if you cant find it just look for the big purple aluminum can :D

detailing wise today just a quick detail with mothers showtime!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.