Help with windows
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Car Care & Detailing

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #1
So many mods, so little $

2002 Mustang GT

akoeppel will become famous soon enough

Help with windows

Hey guys I went ahead and cleaned my windows today and they are streaky as Hell lol. I used the Meguiars glass cleaner and a MF to apply it. What are some good glass cleaners/methods to use? Any help is welcome
Carolina Crew #21

Always Clean Crew
BBK CAI, SLP LM1's, UPR Catted X Pipe. Everything else....Stock
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2
It'll buff out...

2000 Mustang V6

Stevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of light

Use a glass cleaning microfiber. Spray ur cleaner onto the cloth itself. Do a perimeter wipe and then wipe inbetween the perimeter you just did. If ur using a good glass cleaning MF it should come off with no streaks, however, I always follow up with a short nap microfiber .to buff off all residue. I use this method and never have streaks. Hope this helps.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #3

2002 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by Stevey92 View Post
Use a glass cleaning microfiber. Spray ur cleaner onto the cloth itself. Do a perimeter wipe and then wipe inbetween the perimeter you just did. If ur using a good glass cleaning MF it should come off with no streaks, however, I always follow up with a short nap microfiber .to buff off all residue. I use this method and never have streaks. Hope this helps.
Do you recommend any good cleaners?
Carolina Crew #21

Always Clean Crew
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #4
ZYZZ Brah

02 GT

Tyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of light

i just always use paper towels? wipe it down with a window cleaner soaked paper towel and then dry it off with a dry towel. hit it with another dry towel and bam good to go. the last dry towel will remove all streaks.

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Happy Man

2004 Mach 1

Shook1db is just really niceShook1db is just really niceShook1db is just really niceShook1db is just really nice

Originally Posted by akoeppel View Post
Do you recommend any good cleaners?
I used CG glassworkz and I freakin love that stuff. Sonic liked the other glass cleaner CG makes as well.

Follow the instructions on it and it works amazingly well.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #6
ZYZZ Brah

02 GT

Tyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of lightTyler_Durden is a glorious beacon of light

Not trying to be a dick here but rather looking for an honest answer. Why spend the extra money on glass cleaners? Glass is glass correct? Only 1 way to clean it. If there's something I dont know please tell me. (being 100% serious, lol. Always open to learn new things)

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #7
Potato

GottaHaveitGreen will become famous soon enoughGottaHaveitGreen will become famous soon enough

Sprayway worlds best class cleaner, 3$ at walmart in the cleaning isle not automotive. I have tried alot of them, this one for me is the best. Its ammonia free and safe for tint. It always leaves a pleasant smell in your car, so it doesn't smell like glass cleaner. Its also a foaming aerosol and cuts the best through the tobacco film.

Two different tire brands, Wagner pads on brembo calipers, dewalt saws-all axle back delete, Billet aluminum shift knob..... that I ripped off from dealership.... That doesn't match my shift boot.

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #8
TwinScrew Boostin'

98' Mustang GT

Handz is a jewel in the roughHandz is a jewel in the roughHandz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Handz

Chemical guys GLASSWORKZ FTW

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #9
Like A Boss

2008 Mustang GT

crackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to behold

I use rain-x window cleaner with rain repellent. If you use it, you will actually never need windshield wipers again. Don't reccomend it for interior glass b/c its a little expensive.
Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I coached his boy in basketball last season. Giggity giggity
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #10
It'll buff out...

2000 Mustang V6

Stevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Siko2 View Post
i just always use paper towels? wipe it down with a window cleaner soaked paper towel and then dry it off with a dry towel. hit it with another dry towel and bam good to go. the last dry towel will remove all streaks.
Paper towels leave residue and streaks!!
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #11
ZYZZ Brah

02 GT

I've used paper towels since my first vehicle and never had streaks or residue. i just dont understand paying all this money for brand name cleaners when i can use walmart glass cleaner and have my windows look exactly the same

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #12
Potato

GottaHaveitGreen will become famous soon enoughGottaHaveitGreen will become famous soon enough

He speaks too fast. In his video demonstration his fast paced speech is distracting, looks like a good product though!

Two different tire brands, Wagner pads on brembo calipers, dewalt saws-all axle back delete, Billet aluminum shift knob..... that I ripped off from dealership.... That doesn't match my shift boot.

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #13
Potato

Oh if you have tint on your windows ammonia from the cleaner will remove your tint and cause it to bubble and discolor. Automotive glass cleaner is gental and is safe to use on tint.

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #14
Potato

It also dries out your dash causing cracks and fading.

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #15
Happy Man

2004 Mach 1

Shook1db is just really niceShook1db is just really niceShook1db is just really niceShook1db is just really nice

Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
I use rain-x window cleaner with rain repellent. If you use it, you will actually never need windshield wipers again. Don't reccomend it for interior glass b/c its a little expensive.
If you use sealant on your windows that will do that exact same thing for much longer. After like 30 mph the rain just rolls off the windows.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #16
ZYZZ Brah

02 GT

Well ya I'm talking about auto glass cleaner. not windex or anything like that

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #17

2002 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by GottaHaveitGreen View Post
Sprayway worlds best class cleaner, 3$ at walmart in the cleaning isle not automotive. I have tried alot of them, this one for me is the best. Its ammonia free and safe for tint. It always leaves a pleasant smell in your car, so it doesn't smell like glass cleaner. Its also a foaming aerosol and cuts the best through the tobacco film.
I might have to try that since it's inexpensive and I'm a tightwad with cash lol
Carolina Crew #21

Always Clean Crew
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #18
Happy Man

2004 Mach 1

I might have to try that since it's inexpensive and I'm a tightwad with cash lol
3 dollars for (I assume) 16 oz of product.

7 dollars for 16 oz of product for Glassworkz.

You can dilute glassworkz 1 to 4 making 64 oz of product.

So you are paying 12 dollars for walmart product for 7 dollars of CG product. Also if you have a membership to dc Glassworks is less than 5 dollars a bottle so you it's a ridiculous deal.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #19

2002 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by Shook1db View Post
3 dollars for (I assume) 16 oz of product.

7 dollars for 16 oz of product for Glassworkz.

You can dilute glassworkz 1 to 4 making 64 oz of product.

So you are paying 12 dollars for walmart product for 7 dollars of CG product. Also if you have a membership to dc Glassworks is less than 5 dollars a bottle so you it's a ridiculous deal.
I see your point. One of my issues is that being a single soldier in the Army I live in the barracks. I have a PO Box but for some reason CG doesn't ship to them
Carolina Crew #21

Always Clean Crew
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #20
Happy Man

2004 Mach 1

I see your point. One of my issues is that being a single soldier in the Army I live in the barracks. I have a PO Box but for some reason CG doesn't ship to them
Laaammmeeeeeeeeeee

Does Autogeek or Autoality?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.