which DA should i buy?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Car Care & Detailing

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #1
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

TerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to behold

which DA should i buy?

Im torn what to get. i really want to buy the meguiars g110v2 heard a lot of great things about it. But i want to hear input on the gg6 and the PC 7424. I love my rotary, but the pad is too big for me, and i want a more forgiving tool. thanks!
just wasted my whole night on this thread
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
Wait till you waste your entire life on this forum...

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

'99 GT 35th Anniversary
14.0 @ 105.5

Silver35th has a spectacular aura aboutSilver35th has a spectacular aura aboutSilver35th has a spectacular aura about

I haven't tried any other machines besides my PC 7424. I'm a total noob at detailing and it's pretty easy for me to handle the machine. It does the job it was designed for.
35th Anniversary LE #1708 of 4628

SMR #2043
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

2012 GT premium

VaderGT has much to be proud ofVaderGT has much to be proud ofVaderGT has much to be proud ofVaderGT has much to be proud ofVaderGT has much to be proud ofVaderGT has much to be proud ofVaderGT has much to be proud ofVaderGT has much to be proud ofVaderGT has much to be proud ofVaderGT has much to be proud of

Megs and the PC are basically the same thing..the Megs has some trq control if you put more pressure its supposed to up it to keep pad spinning. I hear same things about it as PC..its under powered and bogs down way to easy. Plus it cost the most of the 3..Get the griots and be done..has most power and will keep pad spinning long after those 2 have stopped
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #4
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

TerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to behold

So the PC and GG are the same, but the GG is better? I guess that confuses me a little bit. also meguiars makes good products thats why i was looking at it, assuming it was just as good as everything else. Doesnt the GG come with a lifetime warrenty?

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #5
00blkvert

2008 GT

Cammin' 08 is just really niceCammin' 08 is just really niceCammin' 08 is just really niceCammin' 08 is just really niceCammin' 08 is just really nice

He said pc and Meg's are the same. I have a gg and I'm new to detailing. I had a harbor freight and upgraded to it and love it. I don't see my self getting anything better like a rupes or flex anytime soon. GG is very user friendly, easy to control, and plenty of power. And yes the new gg has a lifetime warranty.
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #6
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

Originally Posted by 00blkvert View Post
He said pc and Meg's are the same. I have a gg and I'm new to detailing. I had a harbor freight and upgraded to it and love it. I don't see my self getting anything better like a rupes or flex anytime soon. GG is very user friendly, easy to control, and plenty of power. And yes the new gg has a lifetime warranty.
totally read that wrong, thanks for that Like i said, i already have the rotary, i just dont want to screw up someone elses paint so i want a more gentle machine. Ill wait for a few more to input before i buy.

Old May 26th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #7
It'll buff out...

2000 Mustang V6

Stevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of lightStevey92 is a glorious beacon of light

Don't start with a rotary man, a da is fool proof unless you make it a mission to go through the clear coat like a moron. They're so easy to use.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #8
Regular

2013 GT

JW2013GT is on a distinguished road

i opted for the GG myself; after comparing everything it came down to it having more power and the warranty. It is my first machine and turned out to be very easy to control and work with. im real pleased with its construction and performance. a solid piece of equipment that works as advertised.
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #9
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

Originally Posted by Stevey92 View Post
Don't start with a rotary man, a da is fool proof unless you make it a mission to go through the clear coat like a moron. They're so easy to use.

I got it for free so I can't complain.

Old May 27th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

2008 GT/CS

mrperple is a splendid one to beholdmrperple is a splendid one to beholdmrperple is a splendid one to beholdmrperple is a splendid one to beholdmrperple is a splendid one to beholdmrperple is a splendid one to beholdmrperple is a splendid one to behold

Go with the GG, more power + lifetime warranty = win!

I have it and love it, will never get another unless the Rupes comes down in price.
Old May 27th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #11
Enlongated Member

2002 Mustang GT
11.95@113MPH

NXstang is on a distinguished road

GG. Love mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 Pontiac G8 GT.....Grocery Gettin' Baby Hauler

Mineral Gray Club Member #5
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #12
Obsessed Detailer

2012 Brembo GT Premium

ModdedMach is a splendid one to beholdModdedMach is a splendid one to beholdModdedMach is a splendid one to beholdModdedMach is a splendid one to beholdModdedMach is a splendid one to beholdModdedMach is a splendid one to beholdModdedMach is a splendid one to beholdModdedMach is a splendid one to behold

OP:

For the Price/warranty and power combo, its VERY hard to beat the GG man.

For a first DA and for the price man, go for it. The PC is crap dont even think about it.

Just be sure to get a 5" backing plate to use with 5.5" pads, thats a little easier and more versatile to use than 6.5" pads, plus they are cheaper lol.

Always Clean Crew Founder Detailed Reflections LLC
2012 Brembo GT Premium|3.73|Magnaflow O/R TruX & Comp CB|Airaid CAI|Tuned by LundRacing
2003 Mach 1 - Sold
2003 Mach 1 - RIP
1989 LX 5.0 - Sold
2003 Sixxer - Sold
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #13
Regular

03 Mustang GT
14.3@99.43 first time at track

209STANG is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SNmustang95 View Post
Im torn what to get. i really want to buy the meguiars g110v2 heard a lot of great things about it. But i want to hear input on the gg6 and the PC 7424. I love my rotary, but the pad is too big for me, and i want a more forgiving tool. thanks!
I have meguiars g110v2 and the cruise control feature give it the edge over the pc because it doesn't bog down and you get more correction done, I've had mine for 3 years and it hasn't given me any problems and its overall a great machine with more then enough power but still beginner friendly.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #14
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

Originally Posted by 209STANG View Post
I have meguiars g110v2 and the cruise control feature give it the edge over the pc because it doesn't bog down and you get more correction done, I've had mine for 3 years and it hasn't given me any problems and its overall a great machine with more then enough power but still beginner friendly.
What about when you put some pressure on it, does it bog down or keep its speed?

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #15
Regular

03 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by SNmustang95 View Post
What about when you put some pressure on it, does it bog down or keep its speed?

The polisher has a feedback circuit that increases torque when it feels downward pressure so it can keep its speed, that's its cruise control feature.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #16
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

The polisher has a feedback circuit that increases torque when it feels downward pressure so it can keep its speed, that's its cruise control feature.
So you've never had a problem with it slowing down?

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #17
Regular

03 Mustang GT

No , like I said the cruise control feature helps it retain its speed.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #18
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

No , like I said the cruise control feature helps it retain its speed.
Well that's the one I really want to get. So it's good to hear good feedback. What about the quality over of the machine?

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #19
Regular

03 Mustang GT

Name says it all, meguiars always has top notch products.
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #20
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

What about defect removal? always been able to get defects out? I'm also planning on using the machine for multiple cars, so i need it to be ready to use a lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.