Modded Mustang Forums banner

SPNS problems?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Walkin Kamikaze 
#1 ·
Okay, so i applied SPNS to my hood and then windows and decided I was running out of time so finished the rest of car with sonar BSD...

All of my paint is fine and repels water, but my windows are all having trouble repelling rain water at all it's like the SPNS is literally not there. my hood is fine and it has the SPNS on it also, so I have no idea whats the issue.

Anyone have any ideas? I washed/claybarred the whole car windows included before I applied the SPNS/BSD... the windows seemed not very slick even after clay bar. Should I have used some IPA mixture and made sure they didn't have dealer installed sealant thats messing with the SPNS bond? Need some suggestions for after my next wash... I hate not having beading on my windows for visability issues.

#3 ·
i used SPNS on my windows plus the hood only and used BSD elsewhere. The paint wasn't overly sticky, but my windshield seems like it's un-clayed even though i clayed it twice... it's odd :( But i'll probably IPA em, polish em, and then throw BSD on the windows maybe.. we will see.

#5 ·
It is beading well on my paint, just not glass. Maybe like i said the sealant they had on the glass from factory just didn't allow SPNS to bond well enough to the glass... I clay barred and washed with dish soap but didn't IPA rub to remove any leftovers since i never had any beading to begin with haha.

#6 ·
Ohhh I see.

I wonder if the dealer put something on it? My focus is new and didn't have that issue. It definitely did seem like the initial coat I put on the glass didn't last very long but after some washes and re-application it has been beading for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.