CarPro Essence plus - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By VaderGT
  • 1 Post By VaderGT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old January 2nd, 2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

CarPro Essence plus

So just trying to keep this section on life support.
I picked up Carpro Essence plus and a white carpro pad to use on coatings.
I mainly bought this stuff as its to be used with coatings as such of a repair. it has no abrasives so its basically a chemical paint cleaner with some ceramic coatings in the product that it will leave behind as protection and filler into the coating already on the car or can use as a stand alone.
CarPro Essence PLUS 500 ml
CarPro 6.5 inch Gloss Pad

You only NEED to use the gloss pad if you have an existing coating on the car so it wont damage whats already there. I have optimum gloss coat on my truck and I wanted something to take care of some waterspots since I applied the coating back in may. This stuff did the job and its fillers it had filled in all the tiny micromarring my paint had from washing over the months. I am VERY impressed by it. I actually did it very fast on my truck just did each section quickly and larger then normal and it removed all the waterspots and made the paint really pop. Removal is a breeze to as it takes almost no effort to remove. I did my whole truck in about 2-3hrs to show how fast i was moving. Its a 2016 Double car Toyota tacoma

So yesterday I havnt done crap to my wifes car. I was bored on new years day. Pulled it in the garage and gave a rinseless wash and gave it also a quick once over with Essence plus and a Blue buffnshine pad. Since her car has no coating I was able to use a more aggressive pad to help with any other minor imperfections. I will say once again her car has had very little done to it and hasnt been washed in like 2months after I was finished the white pearl popped and looked fantastic.
So here is how it reacts next day because of course it rained overnight. This is the beading and sheeting of the ceramic protection that is in the product. I am also going to see what kind of durability it has since there really is nothing out there for that. If it last even past end of February in winter months in SW PA I will be impressed

J&M lower control arms/GT500 Spoiler/Roush side skirts/Roush Axle back/Whiteline trans bushing/Ford strut tower/20%tint/MMD fog deletes/CS lower fascia w/fogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old January 7th, 2017, 11:06 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderGT View Post
So just trying to keep this section on life support.
Lol!

Now that I live in Seattle I've got no driveway or garage so the 4Runner just gets pretty dirty. Since it's white, I just take it through the fuckin' drive through carwashes that bash the shit out of the car with the big ass brushes. Makes me sick but I don't really have any other options, especially when it's so cold and the vehicle has so much square footage of paint. If I ever get around to having a driveway and garage again though, I'll definitely get back to properly cleaning the car. Probably not so much trying shit out since SPNS is still awesome in my opinion (use it to keep my bicycle clean as well). So now I just have a tub of chemicals and pads and stuff that are probably just drying out.

How are you enjoying the Tacoma? I still love my 4Runner and really am wanting to put some A/Ts on, Bilstein 5100s with a little 1.75" lift and get the wheels powdercoated black plus some TRD Pro front end stuff.

I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs
post #3 of 9 Old January 8th, 2017, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

yea I am enjoying it alot. I got some new tires on it a few months ago to make it look a little more aggressive. I was going to do some 5100 and do a small 1" lift overall but doubt I will cause I am pretty close in clearance for my garage door already.
All these past years I have dreaded anytime i saw snow in te forcast. Now it wont freaking snow and I want it to so i can see what its like in this thing.
I think in the spring I am gonna get those TRD 4runner wheels for it
brtnstrns likes this.

J&M lower control arms/GT500 Spoiler/Roush side skirts/Roush Axle back/Whiteline trans bushing/Ford strut tower/20%tint/MMD fog deletes/CS lower fascia w/fogs

post #4 of 9 Old January 8th, 2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
yea I am enjoying it alot. I got some new tires on it a few months ago to make it look a little more aggressive. I was going to do some 5100 and do a small 1" lift overall but doubt I will cause I am pretty close in clearance for my garage door already.
All these past years I have dreaded anytime i saw snow in te forcast. Now it wont freaking snow and I want it to so i can see what its like in this thing.
I think in the spring I am gonna get those TRD 4runner wheels for it
Nice! It's killing me how much I want to put BFG KO2's on mine but I just can't justify the cost right now. I did, however, pull the running boards off so it looks a little more bad ass for now. Also want to get wheel spacers and have my wheels powdercoated black. Stupid money.

post #5 of 9 Old January 8th, 2017, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

I wont run BFG..they are overpriced paying for a name. I had them way back in the day when they cost alot less. now they are just overpriced. I am running these
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

post #6 of 9 Old January 8th, 2017, 09:34 PM

I'm not fully committed on them, I just think they look better than most other A/Ts and I've read wonky things with how some of the other brand A/Ts behave on the road.

post #7 of 9 Old January 9th, 2017, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

these falken wildpeaks i have are SOOO smooth and super quiet running. yet are aggressive looking. when I had the BFg they are not a quiet tire
brtnstrns likes this.

post #8 of 9 Old January 9th, 2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
these falken wildpeaks i have are SOOO smooth and super quiet running. yet are aggressive looking. when I had the BFg they are not a quiet tire
Well you may save me a few hundred dollars then

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Would like mine to look similar to this one except way smaller lift and no 285s:

post #9 of 9 Old January 9th, 2017, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

I have been contemplating pasti dipping my fender flares to give some contrast on the body.
yea sucks. I havnt really been doing much truck upgrading and havnt done much detailing either. I have been more into my gun hobby at the moment. I just picked up a Springfiled XDs for christmas. and I plan on getting the new Arex Rex Zero1 pistol for my Bday at the end of the month LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page