Modded Mustang Forums banner

help-- flashing theft light

8K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  97Cobra 
G
#1 ·
Call me a dumb bonde, im okay with it, but please assist. I just got a mustang in september, it is a 2003. I have never seen the theft light in my dash until this morning. I dont know if I have an alarm on my car or what. I have keyless entry..If you clcik the lock button twice it honks.....Today when I got out of my car...the theft light started flashing...it didnt stop, i tried starting the car and I tried locking , unlocking, using my key to unlock ....everything that I know....what teh bleep is going on...my "guy" friend went and looked at it, says he has a ford, and his always blinks too....that it is normal...but if it is normal,how come Ive never seen it until now? I dont know what is going on, some guy on here gave me some good advice that I havent tried yet, to click the car on and off without starting about 20 times......sounds good....any other suggestions...please help, I dont have a million dollars to go and spend to get ripped off my some mechanic....no offense mechanics in cyber world.....but you know what I mean.....

#3 ·
The theft light is part of your factory security system. It should become active when you push the "lock" button on your remote and should deactivate when you hit the "unlock" button. The light constantly blinks when activated to let any would be burglars or vandals know that it is armed. Im assuming that the light goes out when you unlock the doors with the remote? Using the key will not deactivate it. Actually, if you lock the doors with the remote then try to open it using only the key it should set off the alarm.

G
#4 ·
Okay...so yours always flashes.....! I feel better......but really, Im very observant and I never had seen it before....... maybe I activated something??? This is a GREAT site! And its free! Whoever started this --THANKYOU!!

#6 ·
does it flash with the car on? for example, if you are driving down the road, is the light still blinking?

and mdvaldosta is the master you wish to thank. he is pretty cool i guess

#9 ·
okay= it does not blink when the car is on. Well...I do feel a little blonde but , geez, it has never been on before, seriously. So I am going to take you smart mustang men's advice and just not worry about it. Sorry for the silly question....hopefully nothing is wrong because SERIOUSLY...it never has been on before....

#10 ·
the ones that come in stangs are the stock unnamed OEM one, the Mach460 which has 2 amps and a sub, the mach1000, which has a custom amp rack and 1000watts peak power; and on the new stang, the shaker 500, and shaker 1000 systems.

what year is your car and what system do you have?

also, keep us posted on your theft light issue. if it goes away after driving, then there is nothing to worry about

#11 ·
dont worry, there is no stupid/silly questions, just stupid/silly answers. as long as you learn something, it is all good :D

welcome to moddedmustangs by the way. stick around and enjoy the sight

#12 ·
I have already added you to my favorites. There are a couple peeps up here that have msutangs so I will forward the info...... My car is a 2003- it has a 6 disk changer and a really good system....it is a mach something ( there goes the blonde thing) but it doesnt have an amp......well, that I have seen.

#13 ·
the amp is behind one of the panels i believe. maybe the rear quater panel? i cant remember, and i dont have one myself. your 2003- is it a v6 or gt... or cobra? there are a lot of smart people here with 99+v6's and even some sn95 v6's. also, some of the best members here own the gt's.

#15 ·
not really. the mach 460 and mach 1000 are pretty much factory dialed systems. my youngest cousin has a 2001 vert with the mach460 and it sounds pretty badass for a factory system. the headunit is adjustable (the cd player itself) though, so you can mess with the bass, treble, fade, balance, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.