Nine inch or wider wheels following ruts..
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Tech

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #1
Regular

ricks01 is on a distinguished road

Nine inch or wider wheels following ruts..

I recently put 9" wide wheels on my 07 and now the tires follow the ruts and grooves in the road much more than the stockers. I know this is due to the width of the new wheels and tires, but I was wondering if different brands of tires or tread patterns have any role in this as well or is it just about the fact that everything is now wider? Have you noticed similar changes?
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Swelly Life

2004 Mustang v6

RunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud of

my 16x8's were smoother than my 17x9's. Just part of it, I think.

20 & Chasing Tail At College
  Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Regular

Originally Posted by RunninOn6 View Post
my 16x8's were smoother than my 17x9's. Just part of it, I think.
Yah.. Not going to stop running them or anything. Just caught me off guard the first time lol.
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #4
Swelly Life

2004 Mustang v6

RunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ricks01 View Post
Yah.. Not going to stop running them or anything. Just caught me off guard the first time lol.
Yup, you'll definitely feel everything more. I can't imagine those guys who run 20's

It's not as pleasant of a ride, but it looks sweet

20 & Chasing Tail At College
  Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Regular

True. The improved look is worth it following the groves in the road a little more.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.