Re-Gluing The Passenger Window.....
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Tech

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:11 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang

lwhitetrash88l is on a distinguished road

Re-Gluing The Passenger Window.....

does anyone know how to take the window out of the door and re glue the window into the track it sits into? because the bead of silicone that is currently holding it in is no longer serving its purpose and the window is starting to get really sloppy in its track and not lining up with the weather stripping properly. i took it to two different shops and they said they need to take the window out....re glue it to the track piece....let it sit over night and then put it all back together.....does anyone have any idea on how to do this? and if so could you give me some instructions and tell me where i can get this "glue" they speak of and what its called and what else im gonna need.....id rather do it myself then spend over a hundred bucks to have them fix it......your input is greatly appreciated.thanks!
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2007, 12:30 AM   #2
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang

help?......please?.......
Old September 26th, 2007, 01:13 AM   #3
Regular

1995 Mustang 232ci 3.8L

Jeffery9508 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah im the do-it yourself type too. and doing work on windows is a pain the door moldings make it hard for you to get your hands and tools in to work on it. but you should be able to take it off the tracks from the motor and remove the whole assembly if im correct i never took mine out but i do remember unhooking it to fit the new motors if im right the whole window will come out and you can glue it then put it back together just make sure you have all the bolts and know how to put it back in.
yep thats it, im too broke to do anything else
Old September 26th, 2007, 01:39 AM   #4
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang

thanks for the advice man............anyone else have anything to say? maybe what type of glue im suppose to use and a lil more detail on the project?
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #5
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang

?
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #6

MKstang01 is on a distinguished road

Well, I am no expert at windows, but when I first bought my 01, the driver side window only rolled half down. The dealership said they would fix, however, I wasnt really trust worthy for them to do the work.

So me and my dad, tood off the door panel one weekend, and saw that it was out of track from the u-shaped piece that holds the back of the window. We tried silcone glue, window adhesive, everything in auto zone pretty much to try an glue in back on, and nothing worked.

I ended up going to the ford dealership and the said that once the come out of track, your pretty much done for, because the cross bracket, window, and the window holders are pretty much all one piece, so I had to get a whole new window.

Also, off subject. 1 month later I had to replace the motor too.

I took it ford because they would fix it right, rather than some truck place, where I got my car, who knows what they would have done.
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #7

just realized this missed typo's.

to quick of typing!!!!!!!!
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #8
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang

how much did a window cost ya?
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #9

$320 with parts and labor from ford.

$20 to retint window from tint place.

Being able to roll the window, PRICELESS$$$
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #10
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang

lol funny
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #11
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang

well advanced auto has the silicone glue i need to go ahead and try or i have this guy i know who runs this shop and he said he will go ahead and sell me a whole passenger window for 30....which one shall i chose?
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #12
Doc

1986 SVO
48.47@ 12.58

HMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond repute

^ both.

that way if you fuck it up you have a spare.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-tech/36046-re-gluing-passenger-window.html
Posted By For Type Date
What type of glue to glue car window back in track This thread Refback June 28th, 2013 05:08 PM

Threads Similar to: Re-Gluing The Passenger Window.....
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Passenger window does not want to go down dgt_mustang V6 Mustangs 7 October 13th, 2007 03:03 PM
Passenger window leaking......help? lwhitetrash88l V6 Mustangs 14 August 8th, 2007 12:04 PM
Passenger window switch problem Plays With Squirrels Audio/Video 9 July 4th, 2007 08:46 PM
need new passenger door wadepetersen Visual 2 June 14th, 2007 11:17 AM