Modded Mustang Forums banner

SQUEAKING SOUND

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GearHead95 
#1 · (Edited)
My 2003 mach one has H&R super sport springs on it and when I reach about 20mph my left front wheel makes this odd squeaking noise. Im not sure if the tire is rubbing because when I take the wheel off there is no rub marks on the spring nor the tire, Any one might know what the squeaking may be? It still has the factory shocks and struts on

:help:

#2 ·
Balljoints, control arm bushings, sway bar, even strut mounts...anything with rubber bushings could be it. Even poly can squeak. Does it sound like rubber/poly, or metal on metal? Does it squeak sitting still as you turn the wheel? Over bumps? I doubt its the brakes as it would probably do it as soon as you start moving, but i would check the rotor out anyway.

My 93 had one hell of a squeak a while back and couldnt figure it out it. Went through everything, greasing what i could. One of the sway bar bushings wouldnt take grease so i pulled it. The fitting was clogged with rust, old grease, and the bushing itself was destroyed allowing the bar to rub the bracket.

#3 ·
It sounds like rubber on metal. I haven't looked at any of the control arms or ball joins ill have to take a look, the car only has 7800 miles on it so im hopping its nothing to do with the brakes like a warped rotar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.