Modded Mustang Forums banner

Rear speakers wont work

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  01truebluev6 
#1 ·
I just replaced my rear speakers in my 2001 v6.When I got done the only thing that worked was the 2 small rear deck speakers not the 2 main rear deck speakers.Could it be a fuse?

#2 ·
Sounds more like an issue with the wiring. Either something is loose somewhere, or the polarity is crossed.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

You could have popped a fuse if some wires touched, but if the stereo itself, and the other speakers are working... I doubt it.

#4 ·
Yeah, I knew I worded that wrong.
Very contributive post towel :shiftyeyes

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Were the speakers replaced with stock or aftermarket?
New or secondhand?

#6 ·
Well, yeah... As I said, my money is on wiring.
But there's always the possibility he bought bad speakers from someone.

Never know.

#8 ·
Check under the rear seats for a ground if there were aftermarket components wired in such as a subwoofer/amp. If in a mach stereo car. I had the same problem for awhile after I picked up my car and got annoyed with it. Did some digging and there was a missing ground. Attached it and worked perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.