Modded Mustang Forums banner

sct x3 tuner

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ClassyPeopleRacing 
#1 ·
Ive been doing some research and I found out that a sct tuner can be unmarried to a car up to 5 times. I have 1 sct tuner and don't really want to purchase another one for 400 bucks. The one I have is linked to my 2001 bullitt and I need it too be able to tune my 98 gt with a motor swap. I was wondering if it is possible to un-marry it from my 2001 bullitt then marry it to my 1998 with a custom tune so I can get it running right, Then get it unlocked so I can then re-marry it to my 2001 bullitt?

#3 ·
You could technically do that, however if you ever had to make a change, or reflash the 98 for whatever reason, you would have to do it all over again.

I believe it costs $150 to unlock the SCT, so in the long run you would be better off picking up a used unlocked SCT for around 150-200 on the forums or ebay.

#5 ·
got one today for $50 bucks. was told it my or may not be unlocked. turned out it was unlocked. saved myself a few bucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.