Procharger Head Unit Failure - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old July 21st, 2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Procharger Head Unit Failure

I have a 1990 Mustang with a 331 stroker with a P1SC-2 on it. I finally finished my build on the car, after many hold ups. Long story short, car goes on the dyno this weekend for tuning. Tuner was slowly increasing the pulls, and the car was responding very well to the minor adjustments he was making in the low range rpm (first pull to 3k rpm showed 3XX hp / 4XX tq at 2lbs). After the 4-5 pull, the tuner increased the rpm to 5k. Immediately after letting off the throttle on the pull, the head unit throws a belt. The tuner shuts the car off, and on inspection the pulley was rubbing the renegade bracket holding the P1SC in place. I reached down to check out what was going on, and it seems that the the input shaft receded into the body of the blower. Pulling on the pulley showed that it would move in and out.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this/had this happen to them before. Upon further inspection, the impeller does not seem to be damaged, and will still spin without any grinding/rought movements. I bought the unit used, and its supposed to be a fresh rebuild.

I'm trying to guage the extent of the damage, to see if it's something that I can repair myself, or if I should bite the bullet and send it in to ATI.

90 Gt- 331 Stroker, Forged Internals, TW Ported Heads, 30# Injectors w/ adjustable Kirban Fuel Pressure Reg, CI Custom Cam, Holley Systemax, 70mm Accufab TB, 75mm ProM MAF, BBK Fenderwell.
Dyno'd at 342/364 best E.T. is 12.8/109.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old July 21st, 2014, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast

Garage
have you tried calling ATI and seeing what they recommend?

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L built for turbo + turbo capable of 550 hp on the way

DD: 2015 SHO PP, CAI, Axlebacks, Tune,blacked out/AMR wheels. 12.87 @107 1/4 mile (1.8 60')
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page