50 posts for classifieds - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Excalibur
50 posts for classifieds

I have been a moderator on a couple forums and understand the goal behind the ruling; however, I am on my 2nd 5.0 and still have yet to reach the 50 post count minimum and I was thinking that it is a bit excessive. Post whores that want to post in the classifieds will still whore it up, all the while, the good guys will have a hard time getting to 50 if they're to do as they're supposed to and "search before posting". It's a double-edged sword in a way. Just wanted to put that out for consideration as I know it would have been cool to be able to part out my last 5.0 or even purchase peoples' parts on my new one. It would make the marketplace better in the respect that people would have a better market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wraitherx Send a message via Yahoo to wraitherx
I was a moderator here once when I was around a lot and as I recall the reason being that the 50 post limit was set in place was because within a short time span we had multiple members get ripped off by sellers and had to jump through hoops to get their money back. Some sellers even took money from multiple members at one time. Not saying that it is going to stop it but it seemed to be an easy deterrent and, as far as I know, has worked. It was huge hassle. The post limit was set in place by the moderators as well as the suggestion from members that have been here for awhile.

With that being said, you are currently at 34 and with being and ex moderator and fellow mustang enthusiast Im sure that you can easily reach the 50 post limit by offering tips and suggestions. You arent that far away and this site can suck you in for hours on end. Everyone is great here and the knowledge is plentiful

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Built
2011 Ford Taurus SHO TT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
he spent all the time
thinking about if it could be done, and not thinking about if it should be done
post #3 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraitherx View Post
I was a moderator here once when I was around a lot and as I recall the reason being that the 50 post limit was set in place was because within a short time span we had multiple members get ripped off by sellers and had to jump through hoops to get their money back. Some sellers even took money from multiple members at one time. Not saying that it is going to stop it but it seemed to be an easy deterrent and, as far as I know, has worked. It was huge hassle. The post limit was set in place by the moderators as well as the suggestion from members that have been here for awhile.

With that being said, you are currently at 34 and with being and ex moderator and fellow mustang enthusiast Im sure that you can easily reach the 50 post limit by offering tips and suggestions. You arent that far away and this site can suck you in for hours on end. Everyone is great here and the knowledge is plentiful

True. I was just doing some wishful thinking. I'm still doing too much learning to offer much useful advise as of yet (being that with both cars, I've been very busy in life). I know it may sound like bitching, but it's not. I would say it would be cool if there were also a time limit, but I guess that is a circumvention of the system also. I guess ranking systems would be the best way to judge a buyer/seller truly.

post #4 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
True. I was just doing some wishful thinking. I'm still doing too much learning to offer much useful advise as of yet (being that with both cars, I've been very busy in life). I know it may sound like bitching, but it's not. I would say it would be cool if there were also a time limit, but I guess that is a circumvention of the system also. I guess ranking systems would be the best way to judge a buyer/seller truly.

Yeah, the rankings systems do help. And I don't find it being bitchy at all. Many have asked the same question as you. Stick around, learn, and meet some nice people and build up that knowledge. We all started not knowing anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote:
he spent all the time
post #5 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Feb '14 ROTM

50 posts is nothing. Other forums require a lot more.

Chime in on threads, bs some, and within a week you should have it.

504/433
post #6 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 07:58 PM
MM Fanatic

I just signed up on s197forum a week ago and Ive only been on a handful of times and Im already at like 15 or so. Just go to the clubhouse and bs. Its almost too easy in there.

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71
post #7 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07gtS197 View Post
I just signed up on s197forum a week ago and Ive only been on a handful of times and Im already at like 15 or so. Just go to the clubhouse and bs. Its almost too easy in there.

Yeah, thats pretty much where everyone gets their post count up. youll get lost for hours in here

Quote:
he spent all the time
post #8 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidowStang View Post
50 posts is nothing. Other forums require a lot more.

Chime in on threads, bs some, and within a week you should have it.
I love the xenomorph sig!!!
post #9 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 08:27 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
I have been a moderator on a couple forums and understand the goal behind the ruling; however, I am on my 2nd 5.0 and still have yet to reach the 50 post count minimum and I was thinking that it is a bit excessive. Post whores that want to post in the classifieds will still whore it up, all the while, the good guys will have a hard time getting to 50 if they're to do as they're supposed to and "search before posting". It's a double-edged sword in a way. Just wanted to put that out for consideration as I know it would have been cool to be able to part out my last 5.0 or even purchase peoples' parts on my new one. It would make the marketplace better in the respect that people would have a better market.
LOL at having a hard time getting 50 posts. Could do that in less than 8 hours.
post #10 of 24 Old February 10th, 2015, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
LOL at having a hard time getting 50 posts. Could do that in less than 8 hours.
I could too if I were trying to be spamming, but for me, it's taken a while. I don't mean that to say that you spam, I'm just saying for me. I do love the forum however.
post #11 of 24 Old February 11th, 2015, 12:10 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraitherx View Post
Yeah, thats pretty much where everyone gets their post count up. youll get lost for hours in here

Ive been here since 2011 but since Ive been posting in more places, like the clubhouse, Ive gotten my post count up more in the past couple months than in the last year probably lol

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71
post #12 of 24 Old February 11th, 2015, 12:47 AM
Official Thread Killer

Garage
I'm way past 50 posts now... Hit up the daily chat or post some relevant shit to the current hot topics. Less than a days work

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
post #13 of 24 Old March 19th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Regular

I signed up here to follow projects and gain some knowledge. I don't own a mustang, I don't have much to offer in mustang only threads.

I'm looking to buy a Mustang. I'd just restrict the posting of for-sale ads to people who are new. I understand the reason as well but you're removing a lot of potential buyers.

*Edit: I registered in July 2013, came here one day and couldn't see car-sale ads. Seems silly honestly.
post #14 of 24 Old March 19th, 2015, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
I signed up here to follow projects and gain some knowledge. I don't own a mustang, I don't have much to offer in mustang only threads.

I'm looking to buy a Mustang. I'd just restrict the posting of for-sale ads to people who are new. I understand the reason as well but you're removing a lot of potential buyers.

*Edit: I registered in July 2013, came here one day and couldn't see car-sale ads. Seems silly honestly.
What year and trim are you looking for? I agree completely.
post #15 of 24 Old March 19th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Rent Asunder!

Just change the posting to be 50 posts or 90 days, whichever comes first. Simple fix.

'06 MX-5 - daily driver
'66 Mustang - New project!
post #16 of 24 Old March 19th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Regular

Quote:
What year and trim are you looking for? I agree completely.
That's one of my problems... I don't really know. Only thing I do know is V8 and three pedals.

I like everything from late Foxes to the new '15 (which I couldn't swing unless it was my only car and a daily).

Something tastefully modded or close to stock, clean. Possibly convertible. That's why I've been eyeing the for-sale sections - just waiting for that one car up for-sale that makes me say "I gotta have that!".
post #17 of 24 Old March 24th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Hardcore Devotee

For a while, it seemed like somebody was getting ripped off once a week from the classifieds here and now that doesn't happen. Usually if someone takes the time to contribute to the forum, they are less likely to rip someone off bc they don't want to get banned.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #18 of 24 Old April 9th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
Just change the posting to be 50 posts or 90 days, whichever comes first. Simple fix.
this...I'm a long time lurker but am gonna resort to post whoring tonight so I can check classifieds before buying some new parts tomorrow when I get paid
post #19 of 24 Old April 9th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Regular

post #20 of 24 Old April 14th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Premium Member

I paid for the life membership you would think that that would allow me to look and post on classified. i am not technical so I do not respond to people's questions cause I don't know the answer. I quests I can just say yes to posts til I get to 50 but I like to read and not contribute cause I am mechanical clueless.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

34 and counting

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

I forgot to say thanks like the site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page