Youtube Video Posting Issues - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BWAL

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old June 16th, 2016, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Youtube Video Posting Issues

For some reason i cannot click or view any Youtube videos posted since June 8, 2016, here on this site. I first noticed this in the "What song are you listening to right now?", post #2559 , posted by BWAL. I cannot click or view that video, nor ANY video after that, including mine. When i say i cannot click or view the video, it is a black square, thats it. No link at the top, no name, nothing. It is a non clickable black square.

All videos BEFORE post #2559 (including those that i have posted) have either the artist/song title or URL, that i can click and view without any issues what so ever. So whatever happened, as far as i can tell, started June 8, 2016.

It is quite odd that all videos posted before post #2559 work no problem, but those posted after, do not. This leads me to believe the issue is not a browser issue, or an issue on my end, or they would all have the same issue. Yes?

I posted another video in the Clubhouse just today, in the "Change Your Password" thread, and that video cannot be clicked on or viewed on my end, so this issue is not limited to one thread. Also, right clicking and copy/paste the URL that way on the any video posted after June 8 do not get me very far. The URL will take me to the video, but as soon as i hit play, i get an error from Youtube stating the record company or whoever owns what is in the video cannot be played on certain websites. Meanwhile, all videos posted before June 8, still work.

Very strange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old June 16th, 2016, 01:58 PM
mastrb8n & modr8n

it's because the music i posted was so badass it broke the internet
07gtS197 likes this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

instagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
god is a little bit gay
post #3 of 11 Old June 16th, 2016, 05:50 PM
MM Fanatic

A lot of times that happens to pictures on mobile so Id have to refresh the thread a few times to get them to work.

I second BWAL, he obviously broke something and now hes gonna have to pay.

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71

post #4 of 11 Old June 16th, 2016, 08:42 PM
mastrb8n & modr8n

wait no

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

instagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
god is a little bit gay
post #5 of 11 Old June 16th, 2016, 10:18 PM
MM Fanatic

You break it you bought it
post #6 of 11 Old June 17th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Why?...becasue I Said SO!

Garage

Testing
Helena

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

FB93,

Is it only when you post a video, or when someone else posts it?

Can you see the video i posted above?

Helena

Test Signature
post #7 of 11 Old June 18th, 2016, 12:44 AM
MM Fanatic

Its not working for me on emv from my iphone 6.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1466225031463.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	185337  
post #8 of 11 Old June 20th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Why?...becasue I Said SO!

Garage
Hey guys,

What devices and browser/apps is everyone else having this issue on?

I am able to see the link in text, and click on it using an Samsung 6 Edge.

Richard.

Test Signature
post #9 of 11 Old June 20th, 2016, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

IE11 with Win 7. All videos that do not work for the time frame in question show up and work just fine (i can click the link and play the video) when i am signed out, but once i sign in, those same problematic videos no longer work (they revert back to a black box with no photo or URL). And no, i cannot see the video posted by Helena. Signed out, yes. Signed in, no. It reverts to a black box like the others.

Whatever it is, signing in or out has a direct affect on what shows up and what does not. But only for those videos posted after June 8. Those posted before June 8, whether i am signed in or out, still work. For those posted after June 8, i have to sign out in order to click on, and view. Very strange.

Last edited by fb93; June 21st, 2016 at 11:33 AM.
post #10 of 11 Old June 21st, 2016, 10:15 AM
MM Fanatic

Im using safari on iphone 6 with emv. Ive noticed its not only youtube video links, its also mentions. I have some pics to explain better. The weird thing is other website links work just fine. In the dc thread, BWAL posted a link from walmart.com that works as it should.

Edit: And does anyone else see the images blurry or is it just on my phone? Everytime I post pics from my phone it asks me to resize, so I do but then it becomes small and blurry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1466518471214.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	185465   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1466518484360.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	185473   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1466518496930.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	185481  
post #11 of 11 Old June 21st, 2016, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Ok, i just noticed something. First, keep in mind that when the website is first opened, it loads the new skin by default, and once you sign in will switch to whatever skin you have selected as your default. In my case, that is the classic skin.

So, before i signed in i went straight to the thread in question..using the new skin. The videos show up, can be clicked, and viewed here on the site. However, when i switch to the classic skin (still signed out), those same videos revert back to a black box. I then signed in, and those same videos remained a black box. No photo, no URL.

Then i set my default skin to the new skin once signed in. Those same videos would show up, could be clicked, and viewed here on the site. I switched to classic skin again and they reverted back to a black box. I was able to replicate this multiple times.

Signed out using the new skin = the videos show up, can be clicked, and viewed here on the site. All videos show up, regardless of post date.
Signed out using the classic skin = the videos are a black box. No photo nor URL. Videos affected...those posted after June 8.
Signed in using the new skin = the videos show up, can be clicked, and viewed here on the site. ALL videos show up, regardless of post date.
Signed in using the classic skin = the videos are a black box. No photo nor URL. Videos affected...those posted after June 8.

So it is not just being signed in or out that determines what shows up and what does not, but the skins being used. I will be going back to the classic skin now, videos or no videos. The new skin is still a train wreck and should be abandoned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page