Headlights! DONE with ebay headlights!!!
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #1
Regular

2001 Saleen 281 #0101

Saleen0101 is on a distinguished road

Headlights! DONE with ebay headlights!!!

Ok I have bought replacement headlight for my mustang from Ebay and I am honestly done with them all. I am really anal about the quality and whenever I inspect them, I always either find a fingerprint on the inside of the headlight lense, or small fine scratches inside..really noticiable when your turn on the headlights and look inside the housing. Condensation and all that crap 3 month later. I know about sealing them with rtv , but come one...is it really necessary? Plus the fitment sometimes are really bad! Are these headlights made in sweat shops or what!?!

I plan to buy a pair from standmods.com as they carry an OEM Ford factory for $219.00 here is the link

Ford OEM Replacement Mustang Headlamps

Anyone ever bought these before from standmods? Care to share any experiences? Thanks in advance for any feedback!
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #2
~C~
~C~, The Other White Meat!

Y2K YellowJacket GT
~TBD~

~C~ is just really nice~C~ is just really nice~C~ is just really nice~C~ is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to ~C~

damn that sucks bro. how many headlights have you gone through? I have a spare pair in my garage, but I am sure you dont want them. My buddy took them off his '99 cause they were a little clouded and gave them to me. I have to clean them up, so I won't even offer them you. Anyway, I have never even heard of the place you mentioned, but I bought an oem tail light from Auto Parts and Discount Truck Parts at Car Parts Wholesale.com and it fine. Check them out to.

"Like the blind man says......We shall see...."
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #3
Abyssinian of AX

'02 Saleen
19.34@42.259

Jazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant future

I have purchased ***THESE*** from Stangmods and actually have a review on there somewhere.

I think little issues like the fingerprint are probably just par for the course, unfortunately Mine had a corner with that dried expando-foam packing stuck to it. Appearantly the soft plastic sheeting was not quite covering the lens when it dried. I had to use some plastic polish from Tap Plastics to clean it up. Took me about 1 hour to get it clean, but can still see a slight smudge if you look hard enough. I also had pretty heavy moisture problems, but ONLY on the passenger side. I removed them, gave them several days to dry out and did the RTV thing. I will still get a very slight moisture patch in the corner when hot, but goes away quickly.

I think you are going to just have to accept that these aftermarket headlamps are not made to the standard of the OEM ones.

Jazzer

Un-Official Suspension Guide | Choosing a new tire | Brakes upgrade ~ Speeding up slowing down | T-3650 ~ T-56 swap | Tire and Wheel Fitment Guide | The Kitty makes front page news
Originally Posted by dr.gonzo! View Post
It would still be fun to have a truck that poops speed bumps in fast succession.
Old February 25th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #4
Regular

2001 Saleen 281 #0101

Originally Posted by ~C~ View Post
damn that sucks bro. how many headlights have you gone through? I have a spare pair in my garage, but I am sure you dont want them. My buddy took them off his '99 cause they were a little clouded and gave them to me. I have to clean them up, so I won't even offer them you. Anyway, I have never even heard of the place you mentioned, but I bought an oem tail light from Auto Parts and Discount Truck Parts at Car Parts Wholesale.com and it fine. Check them out to.
Yea, I have gone through as many as 4 pairs!! It has been a nightmare and I guess you just get what you pay for. I am just forked out the extra money and bought the OEM from stangmods.com, it says on stangmods that it is a Ford OEM replacement.
Old February 25th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Regular

2001 Saleen 281 #0101

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat View Post
I have purchased ***THESE*** from Stangmods and actually have a review on there somewhere.

I think little issues like the fingerprint are probably just par for the course, unfortunately Mine had a corner with that dried expando-foam packing stuck to it. Appearantly the soft plastic sheeting was not quite covering the lens when it dried. I had to use some plastic polish from Tap Plastics to clean it up. Took me about 1 hour to get it clean, but can still see a slight smudge if you look hard enough. I also had pretty heavy moisture problems, but ONLY on the passenger side. I removed them, gave them several days to dry out and did the RTV thing. I will still get a very slight moisture patch in the corner when hot, but goes away quickly.

I think you are going to just have to accept that these aftermarket headlamps are not made to the standard of the OEM ones.

Jazzer

Hey nice Saleen Jazzer

I like the way your car sits, what size rear tire do you have man , those look awesome. I have 295 in the back of mine. And where did you get the replica heat extractor hood? I looking for a saleen heat extractor myself
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #6
:)

01 GT

Imran has much to be proud ofImran has much to be proud ofImran has much to be proud ofImran has much to be proud ofImran has much to be proud ofImran has much to be proud ofImran has much to be proud ofImran has much to be proud ofImran has much to be proud of

my car has a fingerprint mark on the clear coat on the hood. It wont come off.
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #7
Tree Fiddy Z

2006 Nissan 350Z

Breakout is a jewel in the roughBreakout is a jewel in the roughBreakout is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Breakout

Another reason I stay off of ebay for most autmotive accessories
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

06 Roush Stage 2

dansgt has a spectacular aura aboutdansgt has a spectacular aura about

any aftermarket i think you'll have to seal off, not a huge deal if you ask me but most are hideous.

03 gt rip...
06 Roush Stage 2
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #9
Hardcore Enthusiast

06 Roush Stage 2

dansgt has a spectacular aura aboutdansgt has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jakashh View Post
my car has a fingerprint mark on the clear coat on the hood. It wont come off.
that sucks, id be pissed.

03 gt rip...
06 Roush Stage 2
Old December 20th, 2010, 04:04 AM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

01 GT

DEFIANT will become famous soon enoughDEFIANT will become famous soon enough

J.B. KWIK did the job for me

[ d I [] fa I [] nt ]
Old December 20th, 2010, 04:05 AM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

01 GT

DEFIANT will become famous soon enoughDEFIANT will become famous soon enough

thread is old as hell but w/e just wanna post it up

[ d I [] fa I [] nt ]
Old December 30th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #12
Car-less New Yorker

MTA Ya Bish

NoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to beholdNoColoradoGT is a splendid one to behold

Jazzer, you have the only projector headlights i've ever seen on a new edge that I actually liked.

2002 Torch Red Mustang GT- Sold
1998 Saturn SL2 Winter Beater Edition - Sold
2002 Ford F-350 7.3 Diesel - Sold
1990 Jeep Cherokee - Sold
2002 Mustang GT - Mineral Gray - Sold
2007 MazdaSpeed6 - Totaled from a drunkard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Headlights! DONE with ebay headlights!!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ebay headlights, i need some help please... turbot4 99 - 04 17 January 22nd, 2009 06:41 PM
need new headlights,,,ebay o.k mustang2517 99 - 04 5 August 29th, 2008 06:18 AM
Ebay Headlights JaxnsGT 99 - 04 3 December 7th, 2007 03:51 PM
new headlights on the way 91foxhatch5.0 Visual 2 June 10th, 2007 11:33 AM
Help with HID Headlights from Ebay SonicStang Visual 1 March 1st, 2007 11:44 PM