Cervini's Hood vs. Kaenen Hood 95 Cobra R
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

2004 Mustang GT

polychronopolis is on a distinguished road

Cervini's Hood vs. Kaenen Hood 95 Cobra R

I am looking into getting a replica 95 Cobra R hood for my 04 Mustang GT Vert. I am looking at americanmuscle.com and wonder any quality differences between Cervini's and Kaenen. There is a $120 difference in price and wanted to get opinions from you knowledgeable peoples out there....

Anyone have any experience with either or both of these brands? any other brands out there?
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:28 AM   #2
eating 1 ricer at a time

2002 mustang GT
not sure only ran on the streets so far!

02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by polychronopolis View Post
I am looking into getting a replica 95 Cobra R hood for my 04 Mustang GT Vert. I am looking at americanmuscle.com and wonder any quality differences between Cervini's and Kaenen. There is a $120 difference in price and wanted to get opinions from you knowledgeable peoples out there....

Anyone have any experience with either or both of these brands? any other brands out there?
since no one answered I will tell u it depends on what style you want cirvini is a top name brand their whole body kit os $2,059.00 from their website with a popular style hood! how ever the 95 cobra r Hood is popular for stock looking bodies!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:23 AM   #3

2004 Mustang GT

I don't want the body kit. Just the hood. Was planning on a chin spoiler, 95 cobra r hood, saleen speedster cover (already have), and a light bar. Just wasn't sure on the difference in quality / fit between the Cervini and Kaenen. Have an 04 GT Vert that pretty much looks identical to your 02 GT Vert in your pic.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:34 AM   #4
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much

2005 Mustang GT

Dolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really nice

pretty sure the cervini's quality and fit will be better, as 02 said, they are one of the top of the line aftermarket parts. you prolly wouldnt have a problem with the fitment on the other one tho. so its basically up to you, what one do YOU like better?
MM + Cleavage member #22

Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM   #5
eating 1 ricer at a time

2002 mustang GT
not sure only ran on the streets so far!

02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice

also ontop of dolbs cirvini is the extra money i used the price of the body kit as an example of quality the hood is going to be fiber glass but should be a direct fitment cirvini is a top of the line name brand kaenan is not I have heard good and bad stories about them but have only heard good things about the cirvini hoods! with the saleen speedster covers cirvini will look better most likely too! do you have a body kit or plan on body kit some day?

FTW TO BLACK CARS lol any how Cirvini will look real good IMO with the black paint I am leaving my hood alone because I am not going to 1,500$ for an extraction extreme hood because I am not supercharged I have the whole saleen set up going on I will probably order my kit tonight from stage 3
I would spend the extra money on cirvini just for the fact hey have AMAZING quality product and their customer service I heard aint too shabby!

Last edited by 02GT89; March 3rd, 2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:54 PM   #6
Enthusiast

97 GT
12.75@105

97Dustang will become famous soon enough

not meaning to interrupt the "black cars ftw" thread but i would agree, go with cervini, never heard anything but good things about them.

p.s. red cars ROCK! lol
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:20 PM   #7
Regular

1996 Mustang GT
13.85 on stock garbage tires

Stang8Grand is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Stang8Grand Send a message via MSN to Stang8Grand

My Cobra R Hood is from Cervinis, couldnt ask for a better product and fitment.
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #8
Regular

9.74@142

mpe331lx will become famous soon enough

Kaenen is a top quality hood. Thier finish and fitment is one of the best on the market along with HO Fibertrends and also Cervinis.

The major difference between the two is weight. The Kaenen is lighter due to it not having a finished underside liner.

I have dealt with both, IMO I'd rather save the money and weight and go with the Kaenen.
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #9
Who is John Galt?

2000 Mustang GT
12.73@111.36

Eagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Cervini's. It fit perfectly and took very little prep work to paint (inside and out). It is also a heat extracting hood with vents up by the windshield. I don't know about the other hood but according the the advertisement it doesn't appear to have vents.

Last edited by Eagle2000GT; March 4th, 2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #10
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

M.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I speak from experience when I say that the Kaenen hoods are high quality. I have one on my car. No complaints. Beleive me, I would say if it sucked. lol If you do not mind the unfinished underside of the Kaenen, I would say save the money and go with it.

Cervinis is high quality as well though.

Pinup in signature by loish.net
Modded Mustangs Cobra Club#007
Military Crew E6

VOTED MM's BEST SIGNATURE 2010. THANKS STANGGTR07

Old March 4th, 2010, 07:43 PM   #11
Enthusiast

Ryan Paymaster will become famous soon enough

Kaenen is a top brand. They're the only company that makes a Saleen S281 style spoiler for the Cobra that actually fits perfectly. The rest of them do not fit correctly - even the one from Saleen (according to users on this forum and others.) My Kaenen spoiler is ridiculously high quality.

That's not saying Cervini's isn't great. It probably is.
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #12

2004 Mustang GT

Great info everyone. I had no idea about the difference in the undersides of the 2 hoods.... no body kit for me. Just a few changes to enhance the look and clean it up a bit. I never liked the stock hood with the faux hood scoop. All that p.o.s. does is trap water when the car gets washed. Not having to deal with that is worth the money alone.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:31 AM   #13

2004 Mustang GT

Went with the Cervini's.... Parts ordered by MRT in Plymouth, MI and should drop the car off for paint and install along with some other changes in the next couple weeks. Light bar, chin spoiler, lowering springs, and also painting a saleen speedster cover I picked up on craigslist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/154621-cervinis-hood-vs-kaenen-hood-95-cobra-r.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread WTS: 99-04 Cobra R 2000 hood Kaenen Zinc Yellow | Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback June 28th, 2011 11:02 PM
Thread Cervini's Hood vs. Kaenen Hood 95 Cobra R | Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback February 1st, 2011 02:29 PM

Threads Similar to: Cervini's Hood vs. Kaenen Hood 95 Cobra R
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cervini's Cobra R Hood Stang8Grand 96 - 98 11 July 17th, 2009 09:50 PM
Does anyone have a Cervini's Cobra R Hood? Chris02 99 - 04 24 December 31st, 2006 12:27 AM