Video How To: Remove the center console and fix the emergency brake cable.
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (4) Thread Tools
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:12 PM   4 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Regular

1997 Mustang CObra
14.3@99

JC316 will become famous soon enoughJC316 will become famous soon enough

Video How To: Remove the center console and fix the emergency brake cable.

Hey, when I had my super coupe, I made some how to videos on various repairs, seemed to help some people out. Just thought I would do the same here, so the first thing I am doing is fixing the emergency brake cable. Part one is the center console and tomorrow I will do part two which is the cable replacement.

How to remove the center console in a 1994-2004 Mustang. - YouTube
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #2
Regular

1997 Mustang CObra
14.3@99

JC316 will become famous soon enoughJC316 will become famous soon enough

Ok, I am back now with my emergency brake repair video. This was my first time doing it, so there was some serious trial and error. I tried to edit the video as best that I could to show the correct procedure and what not to do. So, the steps are as follows.

1. Raise the car and secure it on jack stands
2. Remove the old cable by slipping it past the two ends
3. Thread the upper part of the new cable through the hole. DO NOT hook it up to the two cables that go to the calipers.
3. Go inside the car and pull the 9/32 bolt out of the holding pin on the tensioner, allow the tensioner to slide back enough to get the old broken cable free.
4. Work the new cable around the tensioner, this can be tough, but go in on the spring side.
5. Hook the cable into slot on the tensioner.
6. Lower the emergency brake handle and use the steel pin to hold the rod up.
7. Go under the car and pull on the metal equalizer and hook it to the cables.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/269992-video-how-remove-center-console-fix-emergency-brake-cable.html
Posted By For Type Date
How-To: The Compilation - V6Mustang.com This thread Refback October 30th, 2013 08:32 PM
How-To: The Compilation This thread Refback February 9th, 2013 09:19 AM
How-To: The Compilation This thread Refback February 9th, 2013 01:15 AM
Thread Broken Emergency Brake Cable | Focus Fanatics - Ford Focus Forums | BoardReader This thread Refback September 20th, 2012 08:51 AM

Threads Similar to: Video How To: Remove the center console and fix the emergency brake cable.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Emergency brake cable BadBlackGT 99 - 04 1 March 13th, 2010 09:25 PM
How do I remove center console? PonyBoy2000 General Tech 6 April 1st, 2009 02:13 AM
Emergency brake cable help Newtgadget 5.0 Mustangs 1 October 16th, 2007 08:57 PM
How do i remove permentant marker off of my center console? MustanG_guy17 The Clubhouse 22 September 8th, 2007 10:56 AM
Center Console hawaiianbrian78 V6 Mustangs 1 November 9th, 2006 11:08 PM