My 200,000 mile Mustang
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > Multimedia > Pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #1

SMR Slither will become famous soon enough

My 200,000 mile Mustang

Just signed up but have been familiar with and a lurker on MM for several years now. I just thought I would share a huge milestone in my Mustangs life with you guys on here because I am pretty damn proud of it! I rolled over 200,000 miles on my Mustang this week

A little about the car and my experiences with it...

1999 GT, built in 98'
Automatic transmission
Purchased on Halloween in 2003
Mileage when purchased: 54,265
Purchase price: $14,888.00
Paid it off: 03/09/2007

First bought the car with no intentions of every toying with it since I had a show truck that was my baby at the time. The Mustang was just a means of transportation for me. I soon lost interest in the truck, sold it, turned my attention to the car! It has been through a couple of appearance changes and only a few minor mods. I have never (knock on wood) had any engine problems other than a cracked intake manifold which was a recall some years back. Engine has never been rebuilt, tranny never rebuilt, no rear end issues, etc. I nearly lost it last year due to a fuel leak. One of the fuel lines on the back of the fuel rails touched the manifold and melted a hole in it, spraying fuel onto the manifold. Other than that, all stock internals and sporting a helicoil on one of the cylinders from a plug blow out from 2003.

Had a few minor accidents with it. I have been rear ended 5 times..one of those with a lawn mower while it was parked! Only damage was having to get the rear bumper repainted and then eventually replaced. Beginning of this year I closed the garage door on the rear bumper scraping a row of silver paint off all the way down thanks to a bolt sticking out of the garage door support. Switched to the Roush front fascia after hitting a pile of carpet in the middle of the road doing 45mph on a foggy night that resulted in caving the whole stock bumper in. Driver side quarter panel was punched several years ago when I fight broke out in a Whataburger parking lot resulting in a fist sized dent with cracked paint. 3 new pair of headlights over the years, nearing time for my 4th pair!! Anyway..everything is fixed now other than a few minor chips on the front fascia from driving it everyday!

Just basic mods: BBK CAI, BBK fuel rails, XCAL tuned by Tim @ Mr. Norms Garage, Eibach sportline springs, Toxico shocks, Steeda bumpsteer kit with X2 balljoints, Bassani o/r xpipe, flowmaster 40's.

Pretty mods: Roush Stage 3 fascia, Kaenen Cobra R hood, smoothed out rear bumper, filled in 3rd brake light and deck lid key hole, 05 GT emblems, Steeda hoodpins, 17x9, 17x10.5 silver FR500's wrapped in typical Sumo's. 5% tint all around, 20% entire front windshield.

A few pics from newest to oldest. Built Ford tough right? Hope all your Mustangs make it as long as mine

The big day!

A few shots from the 200K mile day

A few from last year before the extra little bit of drop in the front and addition to black accent inside Roush bumper

This is how it looked from basically 2006-2010

2004-2006

Day 1 when I first got the car.

Last edited by SMR Slither; August 11th, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Bring Waffles And Lasagna

2021 Mustang V15
Quad Turbo with nawz

BWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond repute

man, that car is so torn up, it's gotta have atleast 300,000. somebody had to have rolled the odometer back

'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

2001 Cobra For Sale
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Bring Waffles And Lasagna

2021 Mustang V15
Quad Turbo with nawz

BWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond reputeBWAL has a reputation beyond repute

just kidding dude. that's impressive. the car looks great

'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

2001 Cobra For Sale
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang

tommy93 has a spectacular aura abouttommy93 has a spectacular aura abouttommy93 has a spectacular aura about

Sexy car man!
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #5

Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
man, that car is so torn up, it's gotta have atleast 300,000. somebody had to have rolled the odometer back
HA! Hopefully I can start keeping it off the road more in the near future but I would be happy to put another 100k on it
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Bringing Yellow Back

2002 mustang gt
12.2 at 117

zinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to zinc-vert02

tuned by mr norm?

where are you located?

Stock long block 2v, stock trans, 100 shot of go fast gas. 315hp and 430 trq on spray
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

Ryan00GT has a spectacular aura aboutRyan00GT has a spectacular aura about

I didn't think I would ever see it, congrats.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #8

Originally Posted by zinc-vert02 View Post
tuned by mr norm?

where are you located?
Pensacola, Florida

When Modular Powerhouse became MPH Performance, I designed their new MPH logo so Tim gave me a XCAL tuner. Gave him the car info and loaded the tuner with it and sent it to me. Tim then went to Mr. Norms Garage so when I needed the tune tweeked when I got the o/r xpipe I emailed him and he emailed me back a new tune to load.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #9
Bringing Yellow Back

2002 mustang gt
12.2 at 117

zinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to beholdzinc-vert02 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to zinc-vert02

ic ic, casue i live about 40 mins from Mr Norms and have been there on dyno days and Tim is a great guy and awsome at tuning mod motors

Stock long block 2v, stock trans, 100 shot of go fast gas. 315hp and 430 trq on spray
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #10
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

TheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!

That is awesome, and hits home to me. I drive my car 500 miles a week, every week, in the summer, just to get to work and back... more of course with personal use on weekends.

So I understand what it means to see a car that shiny with that many miles on it. You've done a tremendous job at keeping that car spotless and badass looking. That takes a lot of time and effort, so kudos on loving your car that much. Very inspiring for someone like me, who drives the shit out of his car every week.

Originally Posted by bluebandit!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GAYYYYYY!!!!

Old August 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #11

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
That is awesome, and hits home to me. I drive my car 500 miles a week, every week, in the summer, just to get to work and back... more of course with personal use on weekends.

So I understand what it means to see a car that shiny with that many miles on it. You've done a tremendous job at keeping that car spotless and badass looking. That takes a lot of time and effort, so kudos on loving your car that much. Very inspiring for someone like me, who drives the shit out of his car every week.
Thanks! It is a PITA keeping it clean in Florida too with all the damn rain! That is one reason I ditched the polished aluminum bullet wheels! I would shine em up and as soon as it rained the were dull as hell!
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #12
Kielbasa Kai, NEVER DIE!

slowmatic
12.24 @110.09

Shelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond reputeShelbydog! has a reputation beyond repute

That thing is beautiful. Still looks like new!
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #13
MM Fanatic

2003 Cobra (vert)

Aceswild 02 is a glorious beacon of lightAceswild 02 is a glorious beacon of lightAceswild 02 is a glorious beacon of lightAceswild 02 is a glorious beacon of lightAceswild 02 is a glorious beacon of lightAceswild 02 is a glorious beacon of light

Sexy!!!!!!!!!! I hope mine never sees 200k, but if it does, I sure as hell hope it looks as good as yours. Reps bruh!

MM Cobra Club #2.6
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #14

Thanks guys! In most cases I would be ashamed to tell anyone that my car had 200,000 miles on it but I love my car and appreciate every mile I have put on it, so I am very proud when I tell people how many miles it rocks!
Old August 12th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #15
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

blackGTstang will become famous soon enoughblackGTstang will become famous soon enoughblackGTstang will become famous soon enough

Man that car looks great, would have never guessed that it had 200k on the odo! Congrats!
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT
15.8@ 100-ish Mph

Mana_MGT will become famous soon enoughMana_MGT will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mana_MGT Send a message via Yahoo to Mana_MGT

That looks so good!!!

extremely clean for 99!!! good job man!! I wanna take mine to 200k too!!!

1 mod or 2

Thanks to Sarah for the Sig!!

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-member-35708/

MM DSG Crew Member#3

Instagram: Mani3_88
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #17
Enthusiast

1996 Cobra
Not fast enough.

92Notch is on a distinguished road

Damn looks great! Looks mean all the way around! Cleanest (and one of the only) 200k mustangs i've ever saw!

Mods: Full 01 Cobra drivetrain (Teksid block ) T56, 3.73s, Pro 5.0, Aluminum driveshaft, JLT CAI, BBK O/R X, SLP LM1s, Full welded in sub frame connectors
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:16 AM   #18
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT - 4R70W
12.79 @ 106 NA

ShapeShifter has a spectacular aura aboutShapeShifter has a spectacular aura about

Hey You!!!

Car is still lookin' great!

Old August 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #19
Resident DJ

'01 Cobra Vert.

Lefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond reputeLefty has a reputation beyond repute

Clean ride man

2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe (the daily)
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition (the other toy)
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #20
Photoshop Junkie

2013 Focus ST

WabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to beholdWabashaCobra99 is a splendid one to behold

That car just keeps getting better with age. Totally awesome.

MM Cobra Club Member #97
Just call me Jon
Minnesota!

Jon's Sig Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: My 200,000 mile Mustang
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2003 Mustang GT 1/8 Mile time SS EATR Racer's Corner 4 August 29th, 2011 07:08 AM
Stock Boss 302 Mustang Runs 11.7 Sec. Quarter Mile [Video] AutoGuide.com 2011 - 2014 9 March 31st, 2011 08:40 PM
1,000,000 mile on mustang 45thAnniversaryMustang The Clubhouse 10 December 22nd, 2010 12:58 AM
2002 Stock Mustang....12.62 Quarter Mile ET crazylegs 99 - 04 40 March 25th, 2007 12:53 AM
1/4th mile video of the v10 351 1999 prototype mustang SICK! flattusmaximus78 Multimedia 5 August 21st, 2006 06:01 AM