Mustang Sarah Pic Heavy
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Projects

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (37) Thread Tools
Old June 28th, 2011, 03:51 PM   23 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Regular

mustanggarage is on a distinguished road

Mustang Sarah Pic Heavy

Hello new guy here. I have been involved in mustangs for years. got my first stang when I was 19. I still have it and I have been working on it ever since I got it. well I have recently been working on my second mustang. I initially bought this car for my son. he was not interested in it. he wanted a jeep. He is not really much of a car nut but he likes the 4 wheel drive capabilities. anyway I kept the car in a storage facility for a few years until my daughter decided she wanted it. so I have been working on it.

this is how it looked when I got it. No it is not real surprising my son didn't want it.

With my 65 I never did a complete resto. I just did a bit at a time over the years. with this car I completely disassembled it and took it to be mediablasted as the very first thing I did.

for the next 2 years it languished in body shop pergatory. actually I was in no hurry and wanted to pay for it a bit at a time so it worked out well. I had to move while it was in the body shop but I went out last june and picked it up. the body shop did a way better job than I had hoped. the body is perfect and it looks good. my daughter will be 13 this weekend. I plan to have it done by the time she is 15. yes a much slower project than most on here but I am not using any credit and I am just buying stuff as I have the money. slowly but surely.

this is what it looked like after media blasting.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Regular

ok so for christmas My daughter got a really cool present. Well I thought it was cool anyway. (she is actually way more excited than the picture looks lol)

total control power rack and pinion steering conversion. I have this same system on my 65 and it is the best thing I ever did.

over the years while the car was sitting I collected some parts. I bought a 9 inch differential. 250.00 last winter I stripped it to bare metal and powdercoated it with my little eastwood kit.

new bearings seals and springs. new brakes. ready to install.

I also bought a 5.0 and AOD out of an 89 mustang off ebay. 450.00

my dad and I and my daughter and son rebuilt the engine and dad and I rebuilt the transmission.

Old June 28th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #3
Regular

of course during all of this I also was building and improving my garage. I call it the bionic doghouse.

here is a link to some of my garage pictures.
welcome to the doghouse.
Old June 28th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #4
Regular

here is a picture of it when I went to the body shop to get it. the car was originally a six cylinder car and I did not have any 4 lug wheels or 14 inch tires and I did not want to buy any so I took some old 5 lug wheels that I had and put new tires on them installed the 9 inch rearend put the old front suspension back on it temporarily with a stainless steel front disk brake conversion.

I think it looks really cool so far. one thing I wish I had done to my 65 was that I had the whole underside of this car including the fenderwells rhino lined. this will help prevent rust, it is a decent noise reducer and helps to prevent rock pits. I have a nice little spot on my drivers side fender where a rock kicked up and dented it. tick me off. this car is going to be my daughters school car so I want to protect it as much as I reasonably can. No she will not likely be driving it on long distance trips, but this will be her car to drive to school.

Last edited by mustanggarage; June 28th, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old June 28th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #5
Wanna be show worthy.

2004 Mustang GT
N/A

B's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud of

Damn thats a nice looking car! I bet its going to be a blast to drive! Your daughter is one lucky kid! I am very jealous of your "garage/shop" whatever it is. goodjob and keep updating us!

Mods: -Eibach Pro Kit - K&N - Tuned for 91 octane - SLP - Visual Shit-

i love Uranus
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Regular

Originally Posted by B's04gt View Post
Damn thats a nice looking car! I bet its going to be a blast to drive! Your daughter is one lucky kid! I am very jealous of your "garage/shop" whatever it is. goodjob and keep updating us!
Thanks. the car is coming along pretty well. I have a bunch more pictures to post up to get caught up to where I am.

the shop/garage is my personal toybarn. the garage and the stangs are my hobbies. it has been a long time coming but it sure makes working on the cars easier and more fun to have the space and tools I need. besides it gives me and my dad a place to hang out and talk about cars where it won't annoy the wife lol.
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #7
Regular

the first thing we did was to put in a new gas tank and trunk lock to store some stuff in the stang lol.

ok so after we got the car home I used my bonus and my tax return to buy a bunch of parts for the stang.

christmas comes to the mustang garage:"

again I am building this car as a driver not primarily as a show car or a track car so I went with stock style suspension. all new upper and lower control arms, new springs and shocks, sway bar and new total control power rack and pinion steering.

here you can see the rhino lining on the underbody.

brakes are back on. the rotors have a bit of surface rust on them since it has sat for a while before I actually finish it up I will clean them up again.

next we installed the powerbooster and brake pedal.

the march serpentine setup and hook up the engine hoist to put it where it belongs.

here is my redneck transmission jack. hey don't laugh it worked really well.

Old June 28th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #8
Regular

the engine and transmission are in place. I don't have a driveshaft for it yet though. I have run the braided stainless fuel lines. the brake lines and the powersteering lines.

sarah is kind of tired here. she is not used to this kind of stuff, but I told her if I built this car for her she had to help.

here I have started the wiring, the bane of my mustang existence.

I am also installing an old air air conditioning heating and defrost system so I have been working on the plumbing.

new taillights and backup lights.

sarah is prepping the buckets for powdercoating.

buckets powdercoated and installed.

trunk wiring is done except for the fuel gauge sender wire and the license plate light.

instrument cluster.
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #9
Regular

two pics to show where I am at now. the wiring is nearly done. I am testing circuits now. once that is done I will try to start the engine just to hear it go. then I will need to get a driveshaft and then the exhaust

but I have spent my money for this year I will have to wait a while to do some of that. I will be working on the interior this winter a bit. I want to build a custom center console. I have never done that before either. I have decided on a theme and I will need to get my seats custom upholstered to accomplish what I want. but I have 2 years yet to finish it so I think it is coming along fine so far. hopefully there will still be gas in 2 years.
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #10
BWAL Is My Hero

1986 Mustang GT Vert!
TBD

JakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant future

Wow man! Great build! Love how you included the whole family as well. Makes the car much more special! Grats on the build so far! Can't wait to see her rolling and outside!!

*My YouTube channel*
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #11
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!

2007 Mustang Shelby GT

RZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeRZNCAIN has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to RZNCAIN

There will be gas, beautiful car.

2007 Shelby GT- Hardparked
1988 LX 5.0- Umm...Driver?

Old June 28th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #12

03 GT, 64 GMC

BA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant future

Awesome project you have, what color is that?

Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
I'm a fucking idiot. I'll do it with my sister.
64 GMC build
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #13

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mustanggarage View Post
instrument cluster.
Where did you get that cluster? My dad has a 66 that's been visually restored but still has the original dash and cluster. The dash looks great, but the chrome on the cluster doesn't look so great.
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #14
Enthusiast

1999 mustang cobra

1999cobra92 will become famous soon enough

Your garage is efffffin awsome.....
Also very nice stang

Crew Member # 5

Check garage for mods and pics

if you Los Angeles and want to ride send me a text (323) 270-6827

0% Wheel hop, 0% broken parts, 100% wheel spin
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #15
Wanna be show worthy.

2004 Mustang GT
N/A

B's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud of

I wish I knew how to do this stuff! I have always taken interest into cars! It looks like its coming along well! That engine =

Mods: -Eibach Pro Kit - K&N - Tuned for 91 octane - SLP - Visual Shit-

i love Uranus
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:34 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

1965 Mustang Coupe

ajzride will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ajzride

I'm so jealous of your garage.... oh and the cars too!

How does the TCP R&P fit in the 1965? Do you use a z-bar with that?
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #17
Regular

Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
Wow man! Great build! Love how you included the whole family as well. Makes the car much more special! Grats on the build so far! Can't wait to see her rolling and outside!!
Yeah I am trying anyway of course teenage daughters frequently have things they would rather be doing but she is a good girl and tries to keep Dad happy lol. As for me, My dad and I do this stuff for fun. My son seems to enjoy it once he is out but it is really hard to get him started.
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #18
Regular

Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
Awesome project you have, what color is that?
It is viper blue. I wanted banshee blue from GEARZ tv, but it was 2,000.00 a gallon. so I went with this, it is close.
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #19
Regular

Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
Where did you get that cluster? My dad has a 66 that's been visually restored but still has the original dash and cluster. The dash looks great, but the chrome on the cluster doesn't look so great.
65 instrument bezel you can get from almost any parts vender. for about 50 bucks. you can also get the white gauge faces that just stick on. mustangs plus, mustangs unlimited, NPD. they all carry them. this is a complete aftermarket gauge cluster from MP products it has an electronic speedometer so no cable and it comes pre-assembled you just have to hook up the disconnects to your stock wiring.

here is a link. instrumental bezel btw I got mine from cj pony parts.
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #20
Regular

Originally Posted by 1999cobra92 View Post
Your garage is efffffin awsome.....
Also very nice stang
I love my garage. my Dad and I have been working on this place since I moved here 3.5 years ago. here is another link to a bunch of pictures to my garage.

the bionic doghouse - The Garage Journal Board
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/224094-mustang-sarah-pic-heavy.html
Posted By For Type Date
Solid Surface Granite Countertops & Kitchen Worktops - Kitchen Worktops UK This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:27 PM
Information about Granite Countertops and Kitchen Worktops - Granite Kitchen London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:27 PM
What You have to Learn about Granite Countertops and Other Kitchen Worktops - Granite Countertops London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:26 PM
Granite Countertops: One of the Finest Kitchen Worktops in the Market - Marble Worktops London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:24 PM
The Different Kinds of Granite Countertops and Kitchen Worktops - Quartz Worktops London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:23 PM
The Different Types of Granite Countertops and Kitchen Worktops - Solid Surface Worktops London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:23 PM
Solid Surface Granite Countertops & Kitchen Worktops - Quartz Countertops This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:22 PM
About Granite Countertops and Kitchen Worktops - Granite Kitchen London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:21 PM
What You Need to Find out about Granite Countertops and Other Kitchen Worktops - Granite Countertops London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:20 PM
Solid Surface Granite Countertops & Kitchen Worktops - Quartz Countertops This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:19 PM
Granite Countertops and Other Kitchen Worktops Choices - Granite Worktops London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:18 PM
What You have to Learn about Granite Countertops and Other Kitchen Worktops - Granite Countertops London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:17 PM
Granite Countertops: One of the Greatest Kitchen Worktops in the Market - Quartz Countertops This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:16 PM
Granite Countertops and Other Kitchen Worktops: For a Classy-looking Kitchen - Granite Kitchen London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:15 PM
Solid Surface Granite Countertops & Kitchen Worktops - Granite Worktops London This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:15 PM
Granite Countertops and Other Kitchen Worktops Options - Quartz Kitchen Worktops This thread Refback September 9th, 2014 07:14 PM
Dying interior parts - Page 2 - DFW Mustangs This thread Refback May 17th, 2014 01:13 PM
Are there any seats which bolt into a 68 coup? - Ford Mustang Forums This thread Refback February 10th, 2014 11:38 PM
1968 Mustang Straight 6 to 302 Swap - Ford Mustang Forums This thread Refback January 23rd, 2014 02:00 PM
How-to: Recondition your Leather Seats | V6Mustang.com This thread Refback October 28th, 2013 01:35 PM
70 chevelle custom seats help This thread Refback October 16th, 2013 03:10 PM
66 mustang father son engine swap advice - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forums This thread Refback October 11th, 2013 11:57 AM
Converting a 1997 5.0 from fuel injected to carbureted. - Ford Mustang Forums This thread Refback June 30th, 2013 10:03 AM
How-to: Recondition your Leather Seats This thread Refback May 17th, 2013 01:32 PM
Dying interior parts - DFW Mustangs This thread Refback September 29th, 2012 10:50 PM
70 chevelle custom seats help This thread Refback August 30th, 2012 05:53 PM
Has anyone dyed their seats? - Vintage Mustang Forums Post #139 Pingback June 11th, 2012 11:41 PM
Inline 6 vs 289 1966 Ford Mustang - Ford Mustang Forums This thread Refback June 7th, 2012 06:03 PM
Dying interior parts - DFW Mustangs This thread Refback May 13th, 2012 12:44 PM
Dying interior parts - DFW Mustangs This thread Refback May 12th, 2012 07:54 AM
Dying interior parts - DFW Mustangs This thread Refback April 29th, 2012 12:19 PM
Dying interior parts - DFW Mustangs This thread Refback April 26th, 2012 01:54 PM
I6 to V8 swap - Vintage Mustang Forums Post #16 Pingback April 26th, 2012 01:01 AM
Dying interior parts - DFW Mustangs This thread Refback April 25th, 2012 10:41 PM
Leather dye - Vintage Mustang Forums Post #144 Pingback April 17th, 2012 07:03 PM
1967 mustang coupe - Ford Mustang Forums This thread Refback January 16th, 2012 10:49 PM
Corbeau Sport Seats - Vintage Mustang Forums This thread Pingback December 6th, 2011 10:43 AM

Threads Similar to: Mustang Sarah Pic Heavy
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8th annual All mustang show... *pic heavy* Mach Stang! Pictures 18 January 6th, 2012 12:18 PM
How do you break a Steeda Heavy Duty rear sway bar...? Put it on a V6 Mustang. buddyantunez1 99 - 04 22 November 20th, 2011 11:55 PM
Detailed black mustang. Pic heavy stevenb913 Pictures 83 August 6th, 2011 03:08 AM
Detailed black mustang. Pic heavy stevenb913 Pictures 0 August 2nd, 2011 07:12 PM
Why Are The 99-04 Mustang Hoods So Heavy? I'm Just Curious scrapdaddy jr. V6 Mustangs 17 September 11th, 2006 08:27 PM