4v MMR Stroker/Posi Ported Eaton swap
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Projects

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (17) Thread Tools
Old July 10th, 2011, 11:11 PM   17 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

codycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to behold

4v MMR Stroker/Posi Ported Eaton swap

DISCLAIMER / SPOILER ALERT / CLIFF NOTES:
This project started out strong, then plans changed and changed and changed again, to the point where I did too much, couldn't afford EVERYTHING, which led to skimping out in some areas and eventually catastrophe. Anyway, here is the order and transformations of the build plans from day 1 till now:

1.) 2v engine with procharger (cheap, quicker than most vehicles, limited to ~400hp)
2.) 2v n/a with built block to eventually support a bigger hp blown setup (lower CR wouldve made it slower initially, but safer eventually))
3.) 4v swap
4.) 4v swap n/a with built block to eventually support a bigger hp blown setup (lower CR wouldve made it slower initially, but safer eventually)
5.) 4v swap with Eaton blower and built block (got Eaton swap from friend with 03 Cobra that went TT, this is where the thread title came from because I also had a Teksid block built with an MMR forged rotating assembly). This is where shit started to hit the fan. Never ran strong, had a million problems here and there, ended up with 2 blown head gaskets, piston rings fused to the pistons, metal putty from shavings in the oil pan, every bearing chewed to shreds, gouged cylinder, piston, and head, and an exhaust leak from almost every single exhaust port (what I get for buying cheap shitty flowtech headers), and almost nothing reusable except the rods and crank. (This is the "Catastrophe")
6.) In light of that ^ , my friend that was going TT ran into a bunch of problems as well, so we decided that he would get all his Eaton swap parts back and go back to a "normal" 03 Cobra engine, and I would go back to the somewhat original n/a 4v swap. I sold the MMR 4.75 crank, Manley rods, entire 750-1000hp fuel setup and went to a factory 03/04 Cobra fuel setup, sold the fancy oil pan and windage tray, etc. I decided to get a factory WAP block found in 01 Cobras so I would have the higher compression instead of the lower CR of a block built for a supercharger, picked up a UPR K member and coilovers, a quality set of ARH headers, a Borla stinger catback, and racing seats. Thats pretty much the highlights of the build since the meltdown.

ORIGINAL START OF THIS BUILD THREAD:

So I just pulled the trigger on a brand new 01 cobra complete intake manifold, including 24lb injectors, all bolts and gaskets, etc. Next will be to order the heads, maybe in a few weeks. This will be my build thread of sorts, although it may take a year to finish up. Plans after its done are to swap the manifold with my buddies and his ported eaton, when he goes turbo.

Will update list with prices for complete swap as I go along:

Complete intake manifold: $480 shipped

Project from Hell, Round 7

My weakness becomes my weapon, and pain my pleasure

Originally Posted by GCubersoldat View Post
I'll buy a Chevy before i go back to MMR.

Last edited by codycat91; May 16th, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Harvester of Sorrow

2000 Ford Dumpster Fire
17.81@87

WickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the dark side!

And if you're looking for someone else to get an Eaton swap from...

...just remember, mine's powdercoated black and ported. I can't help it, a TT setup is far too tempting. So when you're ready to go Eaton I'll get ready to go TT. Hopefully I'll be back in Buffalo then too.

Official Secondhand Snake Build Thread Here

WTB: Overkill fuel system components; fuel pump, rails, regulator
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #3
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

codycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to beholdcodycat91 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
Welcome to the dark side!

And if you're looking for someone else to get an Eaton swap from...

...just remember, mine's powdercoated black and ported. I can't help it, a TT setup is far too tempting. So when you're ready to go Eaton I'll get ready to go TT. Hopefully I'll be back in Buffalo then too.
Hmmm... I just might have to see who would want less money on top of the manifold... And rememeber, the manifold is Brand New

Old July 11th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #4
Harvester of Sorrow

2000 Ford Dumpster Fire
17.81@87

WickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by codycat91 View Post
Hmmm... I just might have to see who would want less money on top of the manifold... And rememeber, the manifold is Brand New
Keep in mind I also have a nice Fluidyne heat exchanger and JLT carbon fiber CAI. Definitely the better pick.

...unless you're a cheap bastard.

Not to mention a Cobra tank with twin GT pumps may be on the table, because if I go turbo I'm going return style.

Ugh, why am I already thinking of 65mm twins? Seems I'm hell bent on way too much horsepower.

Old July 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #5
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

What port is yours?

Old July 11th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #6
Harvester of Sorrow

2000 Ford Dumpster Fire
17.81@87

I'd have to call the guy down at GREAD performance I bought it from. It made 500rwhp/540ftlb on that setup before he popped the motor, so it's no slouch. He's got a few youtube vids of it in action.

Old July 11th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #7
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

Well I am gonna be on somewhat of a budget. 3 jobs + low pay = no time and shit money. I am just excited to get this 4v swap done first.

Old July 11th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #8
Harvester of Sorrow

2000 Ford Dumpster Fire
17.81@87

I hear ya. Just no time for me. No shame in planning for the future though. And I'll be ecstatic just to break 500hp. My Eaton setup won't be going anywhere for awhile, but if you want to swap, considering I'll hopefully be in the area by then, that'd work out for both of us.

And here's some eye candy of my Eaton swap in action from the PO. He's got several other vids too.

He had the motor pulled when I picked it up. Had a nasty hole in the side of the block.

Btw, I'm keeping the 03 Cobra gauge cluster I got with the swap.

Old August 16th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #9
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

Waiting on pictures of a bare Teksid block with 500 miles and 04 cobra heads with 5000 miles... Soon as I get them, if they look alright, they will belong to me

Old August 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #10
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

K. Just bought 04 Mach 1 heads with *6000 miles, aftermarket Teksid block with <1000 miles, stock Mach one internals, all timing components, oil pan, basically everything except the crank. All included, not shipped: $950

Propaganda:

Last edited by codycat91; August 17th, 2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #11
Enthusiast

02' Mustang GT Conv. 5spd
n/a

Black2vConvertible will become famous soon enough

that's going to be badass when it is all said and done! Love your car btw too!
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #12
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

Thanks a lot man, I cannot wait....

Old August 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #13
Banned

2004 Mustang GT
12.35@114.08 w/ 1.88 60'

dcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to behold

Where did you get an aftermarket Teksid?
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #14
Banned

2004 Mustang GT
12.35@114.08 w/ 1.88 60'

dcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
I'd have to call the guy down at GREAD performance I bought it from. It made 500rwhp/540ftlb on that setup before he popped the motor, so it's no slouch. He's got a few youtube vids of it in action.
What does an 01 Cobra run for compression? And what compression are you going to run?
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:09 AM   #15
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

Idk, I'll have to ask where he got the block from. And the internals are stock mach one internals for now with 10:1 Then probably by next year, I'll get forged internals with 8.5:1 and an eaton

Old August 18th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #16
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

He said he bought all the parts from ford

Old August 18th, 2011, 06:20 AM   #17
Forged and broken...

2004 Mustang GT
12.5521 @ 115.62

04MidnightGT is a jewel in the rough04MidnightGT is a jewel in the rough04MidnightGT is a jewel in the rough04MidnightGT is a jewel in the rough

Very nice build, looking forward to seeing it complete!

AWD + Boost = Broken

Black 04 Mustang GT 396rwhp 460 rwtq - Sold
Rally Red 08 Lancer Evolution X MR - dd

Old August 19th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #18
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

So once I get a crank, I can assemble the motor. Anyone wanna help me out assembling a list of any other little odds and ends I will need? Such as pulleys, throttle/cruise control cable, etc. It'd be much appreciated. Thanks

Old August 19th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #19
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!

2003 GT
1@3,000,000.... or is it 3,000,000@1?

Cathedral has a spectacular aura aboutCathedral has a spectacular aura aboutCathedral has a spectacular aura about

Frankly, your build is going to be wayyy to expensive. You should just quit right now. To make you feel better, I'll buy everything you have at the price you paid. Like, right now. Hurry.
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #20
KCCO

03 Mustang GT Centennial

Thanks but no thanks. And I hope you were kidding. So then I can lol. You were kidding right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/225529-4v-mmr-stroker-posi-ported-eaton-swap.html
Posted By For Type Date
4 Valve swap, ARH headers, offroad X pipe, Borla Stingers - YouTube This thread Refback October 1st, 2013 01:32 AM
Trade for Mach - SVTPerformance This thread Refback November 7th, 2012 11:52 AM
Looking to trade - SVTPerformance This thread Refback November 6th, 2012 11:30 AM
Wtb termi clone or termi swapped car - SVTPerformance This thread Refback October 27th, 2012 08:41 PM
Looking to trade, pretty much anything new/exciting - SVTPerformance This thread Refback October 27th, 2012 04:58 PM
FS - '03 Dark Blue Pearl Mercury Marauder, Trilogy #198 - $18K - SVTPerformance This thread Refback August 24th, 2012 04:13 PM
Wtb termi clone or termi swapped car - SVTPerformance This thread Refback August 17th, 2012 05:18 PM
Built, Stroked, Blown, and Ported, Cobra Swap - SVTPerformance This thread Refback August 16th, 2012 03:36 PM
How can all of this be wrong?!?! - SVTPerformance This thread Refback August 7th, 2012 10:50 PM
wtb: 2003-2004 cobra clone,swapped car - SVTPerformance This thread Refback August 6th, 2012 10:00 PM
WTT 04 Mach 1 for Built Stang - SVTPerformance This thread Refback August 6th, 2012 08:03 PM
WI: 03 EVO ix 580awhp - SVTPerformance This thread Refback August 6th, 2012 12:44 PM
wtb termi swap car (near ohio 6hours or so or willing to deliver)money in - SVTPerformance This thread Refback August 6th, 2012 10:26 AM
MySteedPerformance - SVTPerformance This thread Refback July 28th, 2012 06:33 PM
At a loss. I need help - SVTPerformance This thread Refback June 12th, 2012 07:04 PM
Kooks Headers SALE for all Cobra's! - Page 17 - SVTPerformance This thread Refback June 10th, 2012 10:12 PM
WTT: 2.9 Upper for 2.76 Upper - SVTPerformance This thread Refback May 23rd, 2012 01:17 AM

Threads Similar to: 4v MMR Stroker/Posi Ported Eaton swap
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Posi ported Eaton Reloaded Pictures 17 March 17th, 2010 05:16 PM
Eaton Posi Diff. Noise KM3434 99 - 04 17 May 11th, 2008 12:57 PM
Trac Lok Posi vs Eaton Posi? cosworthpower Modular Mustangs 4 April 24th, 2008 03:01 AM
Eaton Posi LSD 8.8 pilot37 99 - 04 0 December 12th, 2007 12:49 PM