DISCLAIMER / SPOILER ALERT / CLIFF NOTES:
This project started out strong, then plans changed and changed and changed again, to the point where I did too much, couldn't afford EVERYTHING, which led to skimping out in some areas and eventually catastrophe. Anyway, here is the order and transformations of the build plans from day 1 till now:
1.) 2v engine with procharger (cheap, quicker than most vehicles, limited to ~400hp)
2.) 2v n/a with built block to eventually support a bigger hp blown setup (lower CR wouldve made it slower initially, but safer eventually))
3.) 4v swap
4.) 4v swap n/a with built block to eventually support a bigger hp blown setup (lower CR wouldve made it slower initially, but safer eventually)
5.) 4v swap with Eaton blower and built block (got Eaton swap from friend with 03 Cobra that went TT, this is where the thread title came from because I also had a Teksid block built with an MMR forged rotating assembly). This is where shit started to hit the fan. Never ran strong, had a million problems here and there, ended up with 2 blown head gaskets, piston rings fused to the pistons, metal putty from shavings in the oil pan, every bearing chewed to shreds, gouged cylinder, piston, and head, and an exhaust leak from almost every single exhaust port (what I get for buying cheap shitty flowtech headers), and almost nothing reusable except the rods and crank. (This is the "Catastrophe")
6.) In light of that ^ , my friend that was going TT ran into a bunch of problems as well, so we decided that he would get all his Eaton swap parts back and go back to a "normal" 03 Cobra engine, and I would go back to the somewhat original n/a 4v swap. I sold the MMR 4.75 crank, Manley rods, entire 750-1000hp fuel setup and went to a factory 03/04 Cobra fuel setup, sold the fancy oil pan and windage tray, etc. I decided to get a factory WAP block found in 01 Cobras so I would have the higher compression instead of the lower CR of a block built for a supercharger, picked up a UPR K member and coilovers, a quality set of ARH headers, a Borla stinger catback, and racing seats. Thats pretty much the highlights of the build since the meltdown.
ORIGINAL START OF THIS BUILD THREAD:
So I just pulled the trigger on a brand new 01 cobra complete intake manifold, including 24lb injectors, all bolts and gaskets, etc. Next will be to order the heads, maybe in a few weeks. This will be my build thread of sorts, although it may take a year to finish up. Plans after its done are to swap the manifold with my buddies and his ported eaton, when he goes turbo.
Will update list with prices for complete swap as I go along:
Complete intake manifold: $480 shipped