LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 364 Old October 4th, 2012, 11:31 PM
On Probation

Great Buy!!! Beautiful car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 364 Old October 24th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I just stumbled across this thread today. You've done a great job so far getting this think back to where it should be. As to what you said about being a little disapppointed power wise. I get it. I read all about these Terminators before I bought mine. I also have a 68 GTO and a 69 Camaro, so I know what power should feel like. My car was bone stock when I bought it, and I too was a little let down about the power. BUT, once you start to mod, it will respond like no other Mustang you have ever owned. A nice free flowing catback, a JLT intake, upper pulley and a tune, that will bump you up an additional 75 RWHP, or possibly a little more. Then when you get used to that, get your Eaton ported or just get a twin screw, that is when you see what all the Terminator fuss is about. With regular tires, like a Nitto 555, a ported Eaton with an upper and lower pulley or a twin screw tire will smoke the tires at 60mph. It's gonna be fun watching you mod this thing, I'm excited for you! Get to it man!

03 Sonic Blue Terminator
post #43 of 364 Old October 24th, 2012, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Broke as F*ck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlow281 View Post
Great Buy!!! Beautiful car
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by va boy View Post
I just stumbled across this thread today. You've done a great job so far getting this think back to where it should be. As to what you said about being a little disapppointed power wise. I get it. I read all about these Terminators before I bought mine. I also have a 68 GTO and a 69 Camaro, so I know what power should feel like. My car was bone stock when I bought it, and I too was a little let down about the power. BUT, once you start to mod, it will respond like no other Mustang you have ever owned. A nice free flowing catback, a JLT intake, upper pulley and a tune, that will bump you up an additional 75 RWHP, or possibly a little more. Then when you get used to that, get your Eaton ported or just get a twin screw, that is when you see what all the Terminator fuss is about. With regular tires, like a Nitto 555, a ported Eaton with an upper and lower pulley or a twin screw tire will smoke the tires at 60mph. It's gonna be fun watching you mod this thing, I'm excited for you! Get to it man!
Well its good to know I'm not the only one that has felt this way! I can't wait to start slapping some parts on this thing, but I have to find a decent job that will work with my school schedule. There's a lot of oil field stuff out here, but they aren't flexible. Plus I just got the GT back

Black 2003 Cobra
Turbos in progress.

Twin Turbo Cobra Build

post #44 of 364 Old October 24th, 2012, 12:46 PM
MM's unluckiest member

Quote:
Originally Posted by va boy View Post
This, when I got on it a little bit, I was doing about 60 and put the peddle down to pass a car, it lit the tires up so fast it scared the ever loving shit out of me. I didn't expect coming straight out of my mach and into the cobra.

2003 Mach 1 - Bought back
1998 taurus - DD
2003 Sonic Blue whipple'd Cobra "Medusa" - Sold
post #45 of 364 Old October 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I <3 Boost

Send a message via MSN to JoshC
Quote:
Originally Posted by townaj View Post
Thanks!!

Well its good to know I'm not the only one that has felt this way! I can't wait to start slapping some parts on this thing, but I have to find a decent job that will work with my school schedule. There's a lot of oil field stuff out here, but they aren't flexible. Plus I just got the GT back
youll notice a big difference between your car and mine once i make it down there and give you a ride. i was very surprised what a difference the few mods i have made

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure mach! View Post
This, when I got on it a little bit, I was doing about 60 and put the peddle down to pass a car, it lit the tires up so fast it scared the ever loving shit out of me. I didn't expect coming straight out of my mach and into the cobra.
when did you get a cobra?! where in TX are you?

My 04 Cobra Build <-- pics/info about my car

MM Cobra Club #2.76
post #46 of 364 Old October 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM
MM's unluckiest member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC! View Post

when did you get a cobra?! where in TX are you?
About last week, didn't get very far though lol I live in the new braunfels/san marcos/ seguin area lol
here's the story if you want to read a bit
Well I sold the Mach1 and bought a Cobra

2003 Mach 1 - Bought back
1998 taurus - DD
2003 Sonic Blue whipple'd Cobra "Medusa" - Sold
post #47 of 364 Old October 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Broke as F*ck!!

Damn that's crazy. I bet that was a major difference going from a Mach to a built Cobra lol

And Josh, once you make it down here I have a feeling I'm gonna hate my car Ugh...gotta go put the midpipe back on the GT now. FFFFUUUUUUU!!!!

Black 2003 Cobra
Turbos in progress.

Twin Turbo Cobra Build

post #48 of 364 Old October 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I <3 Boost

Send a message via MSN to JoshC
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure mach! View Post
About last week, didn't get very far though lol I live in the new braunfels/san marcos/ seguin area lol
here's the story if you want to read a bit
Well I sold the Mach1 and bought a Cobra
mine has been a bit of a pain since i bought it also.... i made the drive home though. i woulda been pissed if that had happened to me but you got it for a price though. when i got mine home i realized the pinoin seal was toast and then not even 100 miles after fixing that my alternator went out and then the weekend i got it dyno tuned my TOB blew into pieces and recked my clutch.... ive put maybe 2500 miles on my car since i bought it at the end of june lol and in that time ive driven it back and forth from odessa to dallas twice lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by townaj View Post
Damn that's crazy. I bet that was a major difference going from a Mach to a built Cobra lol

And Josh, once you make it down here I have a feeling I'm gonna hate my car Ugh...gotta go put the midpipe back on the GT now. FFFFUUUUUUU!!!!
you piutting the catted mid back on the gt or the prochamber?

My 04 Cobra Build <-- pics/info about my car

MM Cobra Club #2.76
post #49 of 364 Old October 24th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC! View Post
really the only two i know of is mac and magna flow and im not 100% sure im right about magna flow.

mac sounds AMAZING in person. if i switch out my borla setup itll be for mac. im kinda on the fence about borla. loud as hell and sounds super good under normal accel but im not sure i like it about 3k rpms and when im really in the throttle.
3-4k rpm is the best part i think

JLT rai, 75mm trickflow TB, C&L plenum, Pacesetter LT's, o/r x, slp lm2, 3.90's
post #50 of 364 Old October 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Broke as F*ck!!

I'm putting the Cobra's old catted mid on the GT. Or attempting to. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully the prochamber gets to stay on the Cobra

Black 2003 Cobra
Turbos in progress.

Twin Turbo Cobra Build

post #51 of 364 Old October 25th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Premium Member

Good Luck...seems like an okay car?...

1999 Mustang GT **Body Only** for sale with a clean title.
post #52 of 364 Old November 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM
R.A.D

Such a beautiful termi man. Get a portercable and get to work on that paint lol
post #53 of 364 Old November 27th, 2012, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Broke as F*ck!!

Thanks! Yeah hopefully I can convince someone to buy me a GG DA for Xmas haha. If I can, its on like freakin donkey kong

Black 2003 Cobra
Turbos in progress.

Twin Turbo Cobra Build

post #54 of 364 Old December 14th, 2012, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Broke as F*ck!!

Thanks man!

A little update I suppose....The Prochamber is driving me insane. It rattles on shit down under the car because of the different crossmember placement. Its gotten so bad that I almost don't want to drive it. So it looks like I'll be modifying it to fit better once I can get some 2.5" pipe to work with. I also won the giveaway that VaderGT had, so I'm much closer to correcting the paint. Basically all I need now are a polisher and and the crap to go with it like pads, etc. And lastly, it looks like one of the rubber exhaust hangers finally rotted out as my pipes sit a little crooked, so I'll be replacing all those sometime soon.

That's about it for now, just got another semester of school wrapped up, finals suck. Hopefully I'll be able to make some progress on something pretty soon

Black 2003 Cobra
Turbos in progress.

Twin Turbo Cobra Build

post #55 of 364 Old January 7th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Enthusiast

GL with the Termi man!

I plan on owning one, one day as well!

Clean her up!

Always Clean Crew
MGW Shifter, Magnaflow Street Catback, Airaid CAI, Bama 91H Tune,
Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks,
Vogtland Springs, BMR Panhard Bar
post #56 of 364 Old January 7th, 2013, 09:59 AM

great find and interesting work so far. Alway liked doing things myself instead of paying someone. makes you feel alot better in the long run. any new updates or progress?
post #57 of 364 Old January 7th, 2013, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Broke as F*ck!!

Thanks blink! I'm doing my best, just wish I had more money to put into her

No updates at this point :/ I was gonna try to get a lot done over winter break from school but I went to Cali for a couple weeks and that cut into my time. Trying to decide on fender stripes....red or flat black. And also the battery light has started coming on intermittently

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Black 2003 Cobra
Turbos in progress.

Twin Turbo Cobra Build

post #58 of 364 Old January 9th, 2013, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Broke as F*ck!!

Another bump, I have a dilemma that I want y'all's opinions on!! My birthday is on Friday, so my mom offered to get me parts or whatever. So my question is would you rather get an mgw, jlt, or dyno tune. I have a tuner, and would probably be able to get my hands on a pulley...

Black 2003 Cobra
Turbos in progress.

Twin Turbo Cobra Build

post #59 of 364 Old January 11th, 2013, 01:56 AM
MachFanatic

If your still taking request on secondary colors, a burnt orange like the longhorns color would look sick on a black termi.

post #60 of 364 Old January 11th, 2013, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Broke as F*ck!!

Yeah I'm still looking for ideas. I've thought about that, but I haven't been able to find paint in that color. I think it'd look amazing, especially with a little metallic in the paint

Black 2003 Cobra
Turbos in progress.

Twin Turbo Cobra Build

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page