Swift~Six's Build: 8 UR GT - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 734 Old May 26th, 2013, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Canon Gang

Garage
Swift~Six's Build: 8 UR GT

Alright, I've put this off long enough, and truth be told, it should've been done long long ago as I constantly get asked if there is a timeline of the changes made to my car. So I guess it's time to write out the saga and begin a log from here, 5/25/13.

Humble Beginnings:

My mother walked in the door one day when I was 6 years old and told me to come outside. I walked out and saw a 2001 Laser Red Mustang in the driveway. Mom told me to get on my XR 50 and pose next to the car. So I did, thus ending up with this timeless classic of a photo. Enjoy.

Shortly thereafter, mom backed out of our driveway right into the side of my step-dad's truck. Which put two nice dents into the drivers side quarter panel, and a tear in the bumper cover. You'll see the damage later on, and only half of it is fixed as of yet. For 9 years after this, my step-dad daily'd the car to and from work. He never washed it once, mounted a CB antennae that took off paint when removed, and the car spent its days parked in the middle of a field in the Mississippi sun.

Fast forward to Spring 2010, it came time for me to get my learners permit, and mom pointed to the nasty mustang out in the field with oxidized paint, and yellowed headlights. So I drove it around in the field for a few days to get the hang of the 5 speed, and gave her a wash for the first time in years. Once I was done, grandma had to have a picture of 14 year old me in the same spot as 9 years earlier. Enjoy.

2010 Mods:

In late fall, after I joined MM, I smoked the headlights with VHT NiteShades. This was the only mod and it started my obsession with paint. Came out pretty well if I do say so myself...

2011 Mods:

In 2011, I blacked out the decklid and lower valence with Plastidip, and added a catback exhaust.

The catback consisted of a catted H pipe with flowmaster 40's dumped before the axle.

2012 Mods:

Starting out 2012, I purchased a set of front Eibach Pro-Kit Springs and got them installed, giving the car a rake that it would have for the next 10 months.

After the springs came the MGW shifter with a UPR Rock Crusher handle and knob. Best interior mod to date.

Next would be my DIY Grille Delete. Saving $50, I removed the stock grille, shaved the holes in the bumper cover, and made a bracket to mount the stock grille pony.

This thread covers the grille delete process: Got a little carried away with my jewish ways...

Shortly after this came a Mach 1 chin spoiler/Scott Drake Hood Pins. All shown here.

The next mod would be my largest visual mod to date. I PlastiDipped my entire car matte white. You can read about it in this thread: Operation: Dip The Pony White!!!

2013 Mods:

Starting off 2013, I set my sights on getting rid of the stock wheels. And that's exactly what I did. I purchased Mach Stang's stock anthracite Bullitts off his GT. These were put on after cutting my rear springs the night before. You can't run new sexy wheels with that huge wheel gap, right?

The next thing on my plate was getting rid of these horrible turn downs on the exhaust. They droned like crazy and sounded awful. So I purchased tailpipes from a fellow member. And with the bumper cover already having slight damage, I figured this would be a nice time to upgrade to a shaved GT bumper cover. So with a fresh bumper, and $16 worth of Plastidip, the new booty was bolted on, and tips were hung.

During this stage, the car was featured on American Muscle's Facebook page.

The next, and most current mod would be my custom rear diffuser. This is one of the few I've seen on a new edge, and is my own design.

Okay, so as you can see, most every mod to date has been visual. I've now shifted my focus to suspension and engine mods. So as I type this, I have a cart full of parts on American Muscle that I'm about to press the order button on. However, I won't be able to install them until after July first, as I will be out of town.

So before I leave you to my mod lists, here is some eye candy:

Current Mods:
17" Anthracite Bullitts
Custom Rear Diffuser
Smoked Lights
Full O/R Exhaust
PlastiDipped Matte White
Mach 1 Grille Delete
Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
Scott Drake Hood Pins
MGW Shifter
UPR Rock Crusher Handle
Shaved GT Rear Bumper
DDM 55w 6k HID's
Wing Delete
SR Performance FLSFC's
Jegs GS-1 Seats
SR Performance CAI
GT Hood Scoop
Smoked GT Fogs
Bilstein HD's
Maximum Motorsports coilover sleeves
QA-1 14" 175lb Springs
Aerocatch Panel Fasteners
EGR delete

Maximum Motorsports - Bilstein - Hypercoils - Aerocatch - UPR - Steeda - Hawk - Jegs - Eibach - SR Performance - Mishimoto - DDM - Bassani

Last edited by Swift; August 4th, 2014 at 07:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 734 Old May 26th, 2013, 01:18 AM
It'll buff out...

Subb'd. Love your car man, such a clean six. I just dipped my deck lid. Scrapped the wheel idea cuz I just don't have the steady hands for it... Can't wait to see the next mods buddy. I want to do my suspension bad, our cars handle like diarrhea stock, flsfc's are supposed to make a drastic difference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Always Clean Crew
post #3 of 734 Old May 26th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to smilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift~six View Post

My mother walked in the door one day when I was 6 years old and told me to come outside.
. Once I was done, grandma had to have a picture of 14 year old me in the same spot as 9 years earlier. Enjoy.

Wait isnt 9 and 6 = 15?

Seriously nice car by the way.

Unkillable
1994 Black GT
2001 Honda shadow

post #4 of 734 Old May 26th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

You forgot the throttle body spacer

Silver Sixxer Club
post #5 of 734 Old May 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Canon Gang

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevey92 View Post
Subb'd. Love your car man, such a clean six. I just dipped my deck lid. Scrapped the wheel idea cuz I just don't have the steady hands for it... Can't wait to see the next mods buddy. I want to do my suspension bad, our cars handle like diarrhea stock, flsfc's are supposed to make a drastic difference.

Thanks man! But yeah, this car is going to be more road course/autoX oriented. Rather than the common drag setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilts View Post
Wait isnt 9 and 6 = 15?

Seriously nice car by the way.
Lol I don't know, those are rough numbers. But thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post
You forgot the throttle body spacer

Heh, yeah. Silly me.

I probably wouldn't even get the CAI, but I need a new filter, and this thing is on sale for like $60.

Maximum Motorsports - Bilstein - Hypercoils - Aerocatch - UPR - Steeda - Hawk - Jegs - Eibach - SR Performance - Mishimoto - DDM - Bassani

post #6 of 734 Old May 26th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift~six View Post
Thanks man! But yeah, this car is going to be more road course/autoX oriented. Rather than the common drag setup.
I lean more that direction with my car. I've worked on different drag cars, but I'm honestly not into it.

Unkillable
1994 Black GT
2001 Honda shadow
post #7 of 734 Old May 27th, 2013, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Canon Gang

Garage
UPDATE: Just bought fogs from BA Mustang. Wiring them to my ambers via a relay that will use the headlight switch.

post #8 of 734 Old May 27th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Enthusiast

Nice!

Unkillable
1994 Black GT
2001 Honda shadow
post #9 of 734 Old May 27th, 2013, 12:55 AM
M112'd Sixxer

I love the transformation. Even after sitting in a field that paint looked good!

Garage:
1999 Mustang V6 M112 4R70W (Elise) Sponsored by Ortiz Performance
2013 Fiat 500 Turbo C510 (Rosso Rocket)
post #10 of 734 Old May 28th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Authorized Vendor

Great build thread! I really like the Matte White, it turned out really good. Keep up the great work with your build and feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #11 of 734 Old May 28th, 2013, 01:14 PM
SPECIAL TEAM FORCE

Its so bad ass man. Its truly yours too.
post #12 of 734 Old May 28th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Regular

Not gonna lie... This is my favorite sixxer now. Looks good man. Very tastefully done.

2001 Black Topless GT
BBK CAI - 75mm TB/Plenum - BBK X - Dynomax catback - STS - 4.10's - Built rear - 315's
post #13 of 734 Old May 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mustang95 5.0
Looks great, great work!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

F.O.R.D

First On Race Day

enough said

post #14 of 734 Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Canon Gang

Garage
Alright boys, I'm home. And it's time to go full throttle on this build again. Actually, I've been home for a few days now, but I've been working on the car so I could actually give you guys a substantial update when I posted in this thread again.

So here it is.. Here... they.. are. Jegs GS-1 seats. Also know as the same seats used in the dodge challenger drag pack. These things are great. The faux leather matches the charcoal interior almost perfect, and they are 10000000x more comfortable than the stock cloth seats. They grip my 5'10 frame like someone has their arms around you, and the best part is I can slide around on them to get comfortable. Unlike the cloth ones. It took a bit of fabricating to get them in though. I made adapters for the rails with 3/8" steel from home depot, and welded it all up. They fit the car like a glove.

post #15 of 734 Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
I love to skydive

I live 30 minutes from this car and still have not seen it to date. Subbed

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #16 of 734 Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Canon Gang

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr4456 View Post
I live 30 minutes from this car and still have not seen it to date. Subbed
Ryan. Siknik. August. We're going.

post #17 of 734 Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:58 PM
I love to skydive

What the hell is that? I got an idea, come skydive with me

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #18 of 734 Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Wanna be show worthy.

Looks sweet man, Good job.

Mods: -Eibach Pro Kit - K&N - Tuned for 91 octane - SLP - Visual Shit-

i love Uranus
post #19 of 734 Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Canon Gang

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr4456 View Post
What the hell is that? I got an idea, come skydive with me
Huge car show in Gonzalez. I know Justin goes pretty much every year. I've never been though. And haha, we're gonna jump one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's04gt View Post
Looks sweet man, Good job.
Thanks Loop!

post #20 of 734 Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
Wanna be show worthy.

Mods: -Eibach Pro Kit - K&N - Tuned for 91 octane - SLP - Visual Shit-

i love Uranus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/303789-swift-sixs-build-8-ur-gt.html
Posted By For Type Date
My 2001 V6 Coupe Build Thus Far | SVTperformance.com This thread Refback November 22nd, 2016 02:01 PM