99GT Boosted 4v Build (pic heavy) - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 Old December 21st, 2016, 01:26 AM
Enthusiast

Great work man! Love how the valve covers and intake turned out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old December 21st, 2016, 09:57 PM

Your getting a lot done quickly and it looks great

04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1, Stage 2 P1 Procharger, 3Core Intercooler
Stage 2 Meth Inj w/Digital Controller, Level 10 Trans/Conv, 8.8 w/3.5
post #23 of 26 Old December 22nd, 2016, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much

Thanks guys! tire, notched pin, and all the other parts showed up today. Cant wait to get home and open up all my christmas goodies! hahaha

Really hoping to have the car rolling by the end of the weekend!

My biggest hiccup right now is trying to find a 99-04 2v engine wiring harness.

MM + Cleavage member #22

post #24 of 26 Old December 26th, 2016, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Well, the Rolling on Christmas goal was a success!! Friday night i disassembled the rear end to install the notched cross pin in the yukon differential. Managed to get that done, and re-shim the dif. Then Christmas eve after the boys laid down i went back to the kitchen, and finished the axle build. I was on a roll so i decided to go ahead and install the axle while i was at it. 2:30 am on christmas morning i installed the wheels and rolled her out of the garage.

Then the boys went to their moms house christmas morning for a while so i took my pressure washer and cleaned out my entire garage to get ready for the powertrain install and pushed the car back into her stall.

While i was laying under the car christmas eve i heard some noise coming from the living room, as i came around the corner i saw this guy going out of the front door. I was barely able to snap this picture as he walked out the door. The boys were amazed to see it!

So, around 4 weeks ago the transmission in my jeep shelled out. The dealership was going to replace it, but ended up "rebuilding it". I got it back last week and on the drive home shelled the trans again. The trans pump was acting up when it first happened, and they didnt work on the pump when they rebuilt it. I was extremely pissed, so the're putting a NEW trans in this time. In the mean time they've given me a brand new van to drive around (i actually kind of dig the van! haha).

But santa knew i was missing my jeep, so when i went outside on christmas morning he had tried to make the van into a jeep for me!

5rand0n7 likes this.

MM + Cleavage member #22

post #25 of 26 Old January 5th, 2017, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Picking up a totalled out 03 GT this weekend. Should be able to get the wiring harnesses, interior, mirror, and a few other odds and ends i need off of it. Then part it out to make all of my money back.

MM + Cleavage member #22

post #26 of 26 Old January 8th, 2017, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Well, this weekend was nice and productive! For starters my jeeps trans went out a month or so ago, and I finally got the new one put in this past week.

So what better way to test the new trans then by driving 180 miles round trip for a wrecked mustang!!

So at this point it's mid 20 degrees, and I broke out the sawzall and cut the whole core support out of the new car.

And suddenly, the engine and trans are out! Hahah

I literally bought this whole car for the engine/trans harness so I can splice and make a new harness for my 4v to work with.

Luckily, I picked the whole car up for the same price I'd have paid for the wiring. And now I can sell off some of the parts! Plus, it came with a ton of the little odds and ends I was needing.... like a clean cowl panel, driver side mirror, little skirt for front fender, inner fenders, etc...

Then tonight started installing the new Scottrod panels. They aren't even in yet and I'm already in love with the way it looks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page